Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7:Redskins Free Agent Target: Greg Toler

Lavarleap56

TolerMia3.jpg

Greg Toler is one of the more underrated cornerbacks available in this years free agency class.Even though Toler was a key piece for the Arizona Cardinals top 5 passing defense, there hasn't been a lot of buzz surrounding him. He is a physical player, solid in coverage, and has played well when on the field.

The Washington Redskins need to upgrade their secondary and sources say Toler is on the teams radar. With the current cap situation Washington is not in position to sign one of the top corners available on the market, and that is not a bad thing. Toler would give an instant bang for your buck that would be a vital piece to the championship puzzle.

Let's look at a few plays that stood out to me.

Read More: http://httr24-7.com/film-room/redskins-free-agent-target-greg-toler/

I heard on ESPN last night that the salary cap might be set $123 Million,3 million more then what orginally was stated. If thats true,that extra 3 million would be great!

What was it before ... $120.9? So that extra $2.1 million would certainly help. I factored that into my calculation in another thread that had us getting up to $27 million under the cap (Hall, Fletch, Brown, Carriker gone) plus some restructures.

Likewise.

These under the radar type signings can go a long way, cap hit or not.

that would make my day too. This guy was an under rated part of their success because you have Pat Peterson in that Defensive Backfield. Just the type of dude we'd look for.

And if we could land the Honey Badger in the 4th or 5th... holy ****.

Greg's a local guy too. I'm sure he'd love to come home and play for the Skins similar to D. Hall.

Beat me to it! Went to Northwestern in Hyattsville, but didn't go to a big name college b/c of grades. Hopefully he's intrigued in playing at home in a secondary with two other local products

Beat me to it! Went to Northwestern in Hyattsville, but didn't go to a big name college b/c of grades. Hopefully he's intrigued in playing at home in a secondary with two other local products

That would be awesome. That's one of the things I like most about Allen - he likes to bring in local players.

That would be awesome. That's one of the things I like most about Allen - he likes to bring in local players.

Sometimes I feel like certain players are disconnected with their environment, and that experience affects his contributions to the team and hometown. When you sign hometown guys, you know the player gets how important this team is to this town. It's an underrated aspect I think,

Sometimes I feel like certain players are disconnected with their environment, and that experience affects his contributions to the team and hometown. When you sign hometown guys, you know the player gets how important this team is to this town. It's an underrated aspect I think,

Along with that, it does a lot toward creating that true "fan base". Having local players means more Skins fans (if only because they're relatives of players) in attendance at home games.

As per the consensus in this thread I think Toler would a great pick up - the only thing that worries me is the number of games he missed with hamstring injuries. He has a history of missing games with injuries and that's something which tends not to get better as players age (not that he is old at 28).

I like this idea and another great write up thanks. One thing for sure it seems through the draft and the F/A market the secondary is going to get attention, and that's a great thing.

It's looking like a good year to address the secondary with a deep free agent class at corner (subject to who actually hits the market) and some depth in the draft at safety.

As per the consensus in this thread I think Toler would a great pick up - the only thing that worries me is the number of games he missed with hamstring injuries. He has a history of missing games with injuries and that's something which tends not to get better as players age (not that he is old at 28).

Thats because Arizona plays on field turf. We are men in DC, we play on dirt and if God so desires it to rain, we play on mud.

I am excited about bringing him in though. I think bringing him in with restructuring Hall allows us to put Crawford at the #4 CB who can fill in at times as #3 for injury or breathers for the other guys. It would give us a really strong rotation of CBs.

Archived