Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Option for 2013

Howie411

Anyone have any info on how this is going to work this year yet? Last year I messed up and requested being moved down, but didnt realize it wouldn't take into account the 3 other upper level sections that are equivalent to the 50ish yard line, When I emailed to ask they said I had to specifically put in that request. Seeing how they are redoing the way upgrades work, I was wondering if I should still contact them.

Howie I haven't a clue. When I paid my invoice a few weeks ago I didn't see any options for upgrading via my account. I spoke with one of the GA UL ticket agents and said what I wanted and he said that we had to wait until May-ish when they would have an idea of what was open.

Hope this helps, or hopefully someone else out there has the goods and can share.

I've had upper levels since 2007. In years past I always requested to upgrade but not pay more. Every year I would get bumped down a row or two in the upper end zone (dropping from row 27 to row 21), until last year when I shifted to 403 on the 25 yard line.

I was only paying $49/ticket in the upper end zone, and when I got shifted to 403 I got grandfathered in at the old price of $49/ticket, despite the ticket office charging almost $70/ticket for new season ticket holders in the same area. Well this year my price got bumped up from $980 for the pair to $1,380 for the pair, not counting the PG tax and handling fee. I just couldn't stomach the 40% price increase so unfortunately I dropped the 403's. Luckily my SRO 412's remained the same price, so I'll just stand this season.

Anyway, I would recommend requesting to upgrade but not paying more if you are looking to bump down a row or two.

Notified what? How the new upgrade works or if we are going to get upgraded.

The upgrade process. There are always new seats available. This year more than previous because of the seat cost increases. I bet a lot of folks in the lower level in particular will drop out or at least cut back on the number of seats they rent. The change in the staggered seat pricing, particularly on the lower level, makes upgrade policy and programming a little more time consuming.

Archived