Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fix the Darn Field Snyder

Frediemac

Turf?? Really??

This fanbase has gotten soft like butter.

And AP got hurt because Gomes hit him directly in the knee, not because of a grass field.

Turf? Get out of here with that crap.

Trent and Fred have smoked more grass than there was on that field.

Trent and Fred have smoked more grass than there was on that field.
Hey oh!

Seriously though, it is time. Somebody mentioned the grass/turf hybrid, it is time. Again, these are not the 1980's Redskins. I am sure Seattle is ticked for losing their linebacker for the rest of the playoffs. Player safety is not limited to concussions.

I for one say bring on the field turf, that field was an embarrassment. And would actually suit our scheme better anyhow. Took us forever to finally get a practice bubble, let's hope it doesn't take nearly as long to address the playing surface at Fedex! It will be interesting to see how Snyder handles it. Another opportunity to prove he has turned the corner as an owner.

I have always been anti artificial surface. But our climate in December/January just isnt cut out for natural grass. Just take a look at your own yard. You also have to realize that Snyder holds other events in the stadium which effect the turfs quality. It might just be time to look at the hybrid field. Seems to be the best of both worlds. I really dont care at this point as long as we never end up in a dome. Football is and always should be an outside game played in the elements.

I am one for natural grass but if its impossible to keep alive the whole year something has to change. That DESSO system is pretty neat but would we loose our home field advantage? Meh I say the Skins are being built to be one of the faster teams out there so might as well use that to our advantage. I mean we have to most electrifying athlete at QB and we are asking him to run in mud. Continue to assemble a fast team on both sides of the ball and we'll have the studs necessary to run on turf and be the fastest team on it any given Sunday

with all the $$$ Rg3 generates I will be shocked if snyder doesn't do something to the field now...Its sad it took the franchise going down on live tv an a national media bashing the field conditions for snyder to now look into it but GET IT DONE!

Would you people knock off the revisionist history and actually do some research?

The grass field here had NOTHING to do with AP's injury.

Dejon Gomes direct hit to the side of AP's knee...did.

Get a better groundskeeper and things will be fine on grass.

Thanks I stand corrected.

Griffin said in his post-game presser that that the condition of the field gives us our home-field advantage (paraphrasing) Sounds like Mike has been talking to the players about our field as well.

As I was watching the Packer-Vikings game I was thinking how nice there field looked and how Snyder should employ their whole groundscrew. Lo and behold, they have the Desso GrassMaster system (and have since 2007)

Field turf is not the answer here. We just need a better field. They need to go with the Desso Grassmaster, like Green Bay, which is a natural grass, synthetic turf blend. Field turf is garbage

I don't care what they do, it just can no longer be what we saw yesterday.

I don't know anything about field turf, etc. Would the other events that fedex holds, like the Kenny Chesney concert, etc. ruin or damage the turf? The stage weight, etc.?

No, the beauty of the 50/50 turf/grass is that it holds up extremely well to multiple events throughout the week. It'd be hardly noticeable if there was a concert etc mid week.

I just dont understand the logic. The grass isn't working and I found it hard to believe that it is simply the groundskeeper not doing his job.

Doing things just because it is the way its always been is extremely foolish. Lambeau Field is football Graceland practically and they use the Desso hybrid. No reason at all for us to feel like pansies if we install it.

There is no reason at all for our elite QB and our young, fast team to be playing on dirt for at best the last 5 home games. Its time to move on. We have a speedy offense and we negate that by essentially playing in the elements every home game.

Look how the offense looked at NO, STL, and Dallas. Why wouldnt we want to give our offense that kind of advantage at home?

I just dont understand the logic. The grass isn't working and I found it hard to believe that it is simply the groundskeeper not doing his job.

You are 100% correct. There's feelings of nostalgia and then there's reality. Whatever our grounds crew is doing is NOT working... and if grass won't grow in Landover it needs to be fixed with an alternative technology.

Archived