Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fix the Darn Field Snyder

Frediemac

I'm not blaming the game on the Field but RG3's Injury on the Field. He tried to stop and thow to Garcon in the enzone and his leeg slipped and he rolled his knee. What the replays on the play that CHANGED THE GAME. The Skins were up 7-0 at the time.

That field is definitely a joke. That was the first thing I noticed when FOX came on the air. Horrible. And it's been that way for years. Can't be that hard to maintain a field with 8 home dates. Maybe they should stop having college games and concerts on it or what not. I dunno. But something has to be done. The third most valuable franchise shouldn't be playing on dirt.

field turf is interesting.. I think it's injected into the grass like hairplugs right? it's a combo of regular grass with synthetic fibers?

or maybe I'm thinking of something else.. in any event the grass there kinda sucks. it feels like hard packed sand with about 2" of grass on top.

Wonder what Snyder will do in the offseason

field turf is interesting.. I think it's injected into the grass like hairplugs right? it's a combo of regular grass with synthetic fibers?

or maybe I'm thinking of something else.. in any event the grass there kinda sucks. it feels like hard packed sand with about 2" of grass on top.

Wonder what Snyder will do in the offseason

I think Philly uses a combo and N.E. uses strictly FieldTurf.

First of all, this is football. Take your ideas about synthetic turf and keep the in the closet with your pretty pink dress

That said there is no reason for us to be playing on painted dirt. Hell, Lambeau looks like a golf course, and they're 20 degrees colder up there.

Snyder needs to take a close look at the turf management team

Let's see, the Redskins bubble has turf, I have not been to Ashburn but is that turf as well?

I am an old schooler and like grass but the game is evolving as is our personnel so if they play better and faster on field turf, bring it. We should have plenty of time this offseason to look at the film and analyze if they played better on turf or grass or if there were no difference but I agree with zoony on this point, if Green Bay can keep a grass field looking good, then we sure as hell can find somebody to do it in the Mid-Atlantic,

I have statistics pertaining to this in my thread here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?378491-Playing-Surface-%28Or-Why-we-need-to-evolve-as-an-organization%29

We play better on turf, and in domes. We're a speed team with an athlete at QB. We don't want the surface we have now, even with Morris. He ran just as well this season on artificial surfaces as he did on grass.

Archived