Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin: Twitter idiots respond to NBC Pre-empting SNF

Spaceman Spiff

http://deadspin.com/5968935/take-that-******-off-the-tv-we-wanna-watch-football-idiots-respond-to-nbc-pre+empting-sunday-night-football

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I suppose this is somewhat similar to that thread that was up shortly after the election which had a tumblr feed exposing racist tweets made by teenagers after the results came in...but, ugh. This is pathetic. Not even really surprised, just sad.

There has always been a lot of stupid people all across the world. Now, thanks to the hard work of smart people, they have a voice that can be more widely heard.

This. ,Humanity didn't get dumber, it's just that they have new ways of expressing their stupidity.

There has always been a lot of stupid people all across the world. Now, thanks to the hard work of smart people, they have a voice that can be more widely heard.

Yep, the best thing about the Internet is that everyone has a voice. The worst thing is that everyone has a voice.

The comments are terrible,and all too common....but was it really necessary to interrupt the game broadcast?

I think it is good he went there and spoke,but a live broadcast was not needed (I didn't watch it or the game live)

The comments are terrible,and all too common....but was it really necessary to interrupt the game broadcast?

I think it is good he went there and spoke,but a live broadcast was not needed (I didn't watch it or the game live)

NBC broadcast the game on two of its other networks while the president was on.

Not only are these twits bigots, but they also failed to try the remote control.

But they moved the game to two other channels. It was not that difficult to find it elsewhere.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

Not only are these twits bigots, but they also failed to try the remote control.

Jackpot. If they cared so much about the game, they would have been paying attention when they mentioned multiple times what channel it would be on during the speech.

That is a little dishonest of Deadspin, they have a whole bunch of REALLY BAD tweets all at the top of the article, and no one is going to read all of the posts that they listed, the only thing the audience is to take away is gee, all of these tweets must be racist. But if you continue looking at what people are saying, then you see that there are some messages that are not so radical.

This post from a high school girl should not have been lumped in with the rest of them:

Honestly, I would rather watch the football game than Obama talk about the shooting. Sorry Pres, but there's nothing you can do about it.

The fact that they hid this post and other tame post like this in their list makes me think that their goal was to make this list as long as possible, and to put all the really bad ones at the top so people would read them, and all the tames ones near the bottom, where most people would stop reading, and just assume that all the posts they found were racist.

I find it, i don't know, off-putting, that people fail to realize that perhaps he held the speech near the start of the game in order to have the largest audience possible? This was a tragedy that affects the entire nation, so of course he would want to make it possible for the entire nation to see it.

And even if they do realize it, they value the first 10 minutes of a football game so highly that they then degrade the president publicly for cutting into it.

The close-mindedness and knee-jerk tendencies of some never fail to leave me at a loss.

it's the internet. if you ain't being called an nword once a match in Call of Duty, it's a school night, most of these guys are idiots, and cowards.

I mostly get called a f****t.

Anyways, at least there is a record. Known idiots are less dangerous than stealth idiots.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 02:07 AM ----------

It appears that one of the guys with an idiotic tweet has gotten the boot from the North Alabama football team. I am not certain this is the reason, but I would assume so.

https://mobile.twitter.com/UNAAthletics/status/280519131349020672

Karma is awesome. :rotflmao:

Most just seem pissed and not racist. I'd be angry too if it were a redskins game and I didn't know they had it on another channel. It's pretty messed up that people who are simply cursing are being lumped in with super racists. That's the worst part of it that I see.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 06:25 AM ----------

Some are bigots, but most don't prove themselves to be. So hooray for Deadspin.

Also, twitter's a pretty immediate forum for opinions. I'd venture to guess that most just ran to twitter and made a post before actually paying attention long enough to see that the game was on another channel. Most of those posts weren't a big deal IMO. But the fact that they're lumped in with people using the N word makes them all look like racists, which is more disgusting.

Most just seem pissed and not racist. I'd be angry too if it were a redskins game and I didn't know they had it on another channel. It's pretty messed up that people who are simply cursing are being lumped in with super racists. That's the worst part of it that I see.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 06:25 AM ----------

Some are bigots, but most don't prove themselves to be. So hooray for Deadspin.

Also, twitter's a pretty immediate forum for opinions. I'd venture to guess that most just ran to twitter and made a post before actually paying attention long enough to see that the game was on another channel. Most of those posts weren't a big deal IMO. But the fact that they're lumped in with people using the N word makes them all look like racists, which is more disgusting.

I saw that not all of them were using racist slurs, so I'll agree it is not fair to call all of them bigots (although certainly many of them are worthy of that and worse).

But what do you call somebody without enough tact and decency to recognize a moment of mourning and reflection and shut the **** up? Insensitive is too mild a word. Maybe heartless, ego-maniacal, soulless?

Or maybe just moronic? After all we have already established these dimwits cannot follow the simple directions as given by NBC at the start of the game and/or operate their television sets.

I'm sorry, but even if they weren't shouting slurs, anybody complaining about this speech (especially in a global public forum) is disgraceful. I'm embarrassed that the world sees this **** and associates America with such bigotry and/or idiocy.

To be frank: The president was addressing the country about the mass murder of first graders. If you do not have the heart to appreciate the gravity of that then there is something seriously wrong with you, like you might be a really really bad person, so maybe it is better to just shut up before people notice you are such a person. On the other hand, I like what another poster said about it being better to have idiots out in the open than covert idiots. I suppose the same goes for people with no moral compass.

Sorry for the rant, but these twitter twit-brains have me pretty ****ed :mad:, and I have no desire to hear apologies for them, even if they are not bigots.

I was watching something else, because I usually don't watch the pregame. I had no idea he was going to speak. I turned on the game, saw the first few minutes, then they went to commercial. When I came back, he was talking. I was like "what the hell is going on now?" I thought something else happened. Then I realized what he was talking about. I didn't know the game was on another channel, but decided to try NBC Sports (Channell 220 on DTV) and the game was on. I was pretty calm. Didn't cuss or get upset.

I like the one guy who wanted to watch "Bob's Burgers." Who the hell watches that one? I think it's lousy out of all the cartoons on Sunday.

Every single person highlighted in that Deadspin page is an idiot, and worse. Seems entirely fair to me.

Claiming that the immediacy of Twitter gives their crass behavior some kind of pass makes about as much sense as excusing their behavior because they were drunk.

Archived