Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any scenario where the Dallas Skins game has NO playoff implications?

ggarriso

I think people were saying the same thing about the Browns and then broke out into a cold sweat after the first 3 drives this week.....hahaha. We should beat them, but Foles should be taken seriously.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 12:53 AM ----------

Win out = in.

OR

9-7 AND Giants, Bears, and Vikings each lose 1 of their next 2.

Win out = in.

OR

Beat Philly, Lose to Dallas AND Giants, Bears, and Vikings each lose 1 of their next 2

OR

Lose to Philly, BEAT Dallas AND (Giants lose 1 of their next 2) or (Vikings and Bears each lose 1 of their next 2)

I think it's hilarious that people are even considering a possible loss to the Eagles. The Eagles are the worst team in football. We are not losing to the Eagles.

Just think back a few years ago when we lost to the lowly lions. I think they were 0-18 or 19 at that point. So no, reguardless of how crappy a season a team is having, or in the case of the lions crappy couple seasons, you take every game seriously. The fact that it is the eagles should only make us take it that much more seriously. You think for an instant they don't want to play the spoiler? I truly hope we smoke them by 30, however I'll be happy to get out of that game with the W.

Dallas is not that good. They've gotten lucky so many times this year.

Their defense is not good - they have lost a lot of players especially inside backers and Jay Ratcliffe is a big miss for them. Their safeties are about as bad as ours as well - they seem to blow a deep coverage at least once a game in the games I have watched. However their offense is dangerous - for all we rag him Romo sits to pee is a dangerous QB and they have weapons in the receiving game with Witten, Bryant and Austin and they are a much better team with DeMarco Murray at RB. Their OLine is pretty bad though which forces Romo sits to pee into some hurried throws and mistakes.

I like the match up of our offense against their defense but it could be a shoot out.

Just think back a few years ago when we lost to the lowly lions. I think they were 0-18 or 19 at that point. So no, reguardless of how crappy a season a team is having, or in the case of the lions crappy couple seasons, you take every game seriously. The fact that it is the eagles should only make us take it that much more seriously. You think for an instant they don't want to play the spoiler? I truly hope we smoke them by 30, however I'll be happy to get out of that game with the W.

We were a bad team that season.

In case no one mentioned this, the only way the skins cowboys game has no playoff implications is:

If the Giants and either CHI or MIN win out and both Dallas and Washington lose this Sunday (though the teams would only know ahead of time if next week's game is flexed and therefore after the Giants/CHI/MIN games).

In other words, I hope to heck that game DOES have playoff implications.

Archived