Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any scenario where the Dallas Skins game has NO playoff implications?

ggarriso

I dont understand the common opponent thing because if Dallas loses to NO, we beat NO so how does that work then?

AND

They lost to the Ravens, we beat the Ravens, so how the heck does that work!??!

Even if Dallas loses to NO and the Skins beat Philly, Dallas will have an 8-4 record against common opponents, while we would be 7-5. Remember, the Cowboys beat the Steelers, Bengals, and Panthers, and we lost to all three.

Still wondering if conference record trumps common opponents.

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 08:19 PM ----------

Its the 4th:

1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

N/M.......DreamShatterer is living up to his screen name! Stupid common opponents!!

um...yeah basically that Dallas game is everything unless everyone beneath starts ******** the bed...

**** the Steelers man

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 08:22 PM ----------

nope...gotta win out

Not true. We can clinch a wildcard berth next week if we win and the Giants and Bears lose.

Since Dallas beat Pitt:

If we beat Philly and Dallas loses to NO, but we lose to Dallas... we beat them out in conference. Wash = 7-5 Dallas = 6-6. Head to head would be the same, and so would the divisional games. If we lose to Philly, and Dallas beats NO... then the Dallas game has playoff implications. And of course the same if we both win or lose next week.

Nope, just Bears and Giants. Proven on two different playoff calculators.

Nope. I'm on playoff machine. If Vikings win out, they're in. They HAVE to lose 1 of 2 for us to get the wild card (assuming a Redskins loss in week 17). But we CANNOT clinch a wild card next week if the Vikings win.

For the division, I think it can be settled next week. We win, Boys and Giants lose.......We would be 1 game up with a 4-1 division record going to week 17 with us still owing the tiebreakers over each team. Correct????

No. According to the yahoo sports playoff generator, we have to beat Dallas to win the division.

It is, however, true that we can clinch a wildcard berth next week. If the Giants lose at Baltimore, the Vikings lose at Houston and the Bears lose at Arizona and we beat Philly, we've locked at least the 6th seed.

For wild card, we could actually lock the 6th seed next week if we win, and the Giants and Bears lose. In that case the Dallas game only matters for division but we've already locked up a playoff spot.

I think we also need the Vikings to drop one. They are at Houston next week so there is a pretty good chance of that.

I hope the team itself is not worrying about all of the scenarios like we are. They need to turn their focus to Philly next week and Philly only. Take care of their own business and one game at a time. The rest will take care of itself.

I don't know why people are worrying about the different scenarios. Losing is not an option.

Archived