Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Ravens (Final)

TK

Glad Hall is going.

Is anyone surprised Fletcher will be out there? Does he ever disappoint? Dude could get a prosthetic leg in the middle of the week and would come out on Sunday.

I think you just figured out how we can keep him playing for another few years. Let's replace his 38-year old limbs with newer ones and it'll be like he's a rookie again.

Who to root for

This could be a pivotal day in the Redskins’ playoff quest. They could have their playoff fate in their own hands by about 7:30 tonight. Or their hopes could be dealt a severe blow. Here are the games you’ll want to keep an eye on today while the Redskins take on the Ravens and who to root for.

Bengals over Cowboys—Sympathy has to go out to the Cowboys, who are dealing with the death of one teammate due to the irresponsible actions of another. But they still have to play the game. Here’s hoping they go out, play focused and hard, and lost to the Bengals to fall to 6-7.

Eagles over Bucs—Even though the Redskins do hold the tiebreaker over the Bucs with a head to head win, if more than two teams are tied that may not matter.

Panthers over Falcons—An Atlanta win wraps up home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Falcons host the Giants next week and it will help if Atlanta has something to play for.

Browns over Chiefs—Cleveland is on the Redskins’ schedule and a Browns win helps out Washington’s strength of schedule, which is down the list of tiebreakers but could come into play.

Steelers over Chargers—Same reason as you want the Browns to win.

Bears over Vikings—The Vikings also are 6-6 with a loss to the Redskins on their ledger. Pushing them behind the Redskins helps Washington’s chances. However, a Bears loss would drop them to 8-5 so that would put another wild card spot in play. So while a Minnesota loss helps the Redskins a bit more, there is a silver lining in a Chicago loss.

Cardinals over Seahawks—A Redskins win and a Seahawks loss puts the Washington into the second wild card spot. That would give the Redskins a 6-4 NFC record while Seattle would be 5-5.

Saints over Giants—If the Redskins beat the Ravens and the Giants lose, there would be at least a two-way tie for the division lead. Dallas could join the mix with a win. The Redskins would hold the tiebreaker advantage with a 3-1 division record while New York is 2-3 and the Cowboys are 3-2.

Lions over Packers—This one if fairly minor in the picture but, as noted with the Bears above, anything that brings a team back to the pack could open up another road to a wild card.

Need to Know: Who to root for, Week 14 - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/12/need-to-know-who-to-root-for-week-14.html

Micheal Irving almost uttering the R word, lol.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 11:13 AM ----------

On NFLN right now, no final decision on Suggs yet. D pumped about gameplan to stop RGIII, make them think twice about running that stuff. I hope Shanny brought out a special version of the pistol and shoots the Ravens in the foot.

Rainy day maybe suits us with our very strong running game and poor pass defense.

I disagree. As already shown; rain does NOT suit us. The Redskins abandoned the run last time they played an AFC North opponent in the rain. Not to mention, in the rain the offensive receivers have an advantage, against our poor secondary (especially the safety positions) this could possibly be hit hard. Our very strong run game is dependent on RG3 running as well. Against the Steelers he was 6 runs for 8 yards.

This could play out completely differently to that game, but that's the very recent history and I do think the rain puts us at an actual disadvantage. The Ravens are a nastier team, they're more physical in the trenches.

I disagree. As already shown; rain does NOT suit us. The Redskins abandoned the run last time they played an AFC North opponent in the rain. Not to mention, in the rain the offensive receivers have an advantage, against our poor secondary (especially the safety positions) this could possibly be hit hard. Our very strong run game is dependent on RG3 running as well. Against the Steelers he was 6 runs for 8 yards.

This could play out completely differently to that game, but that's the very recent history and I do think the rain puts us at an actual disadvantage. The Ravens are a nastier team, they're more physical in the trenches.

Interesting. I disagree the Ravens are nastier than us in the trenches - at least this year. I have watched a couple of their games and they have been poor along their DLine especially against the run. Their OLine is more physical though - but that's scheme related.

Archived