Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best action movie of all time?

Spaceman Spiff

Nailed it.

I know everyone loves T2 but I thought the kid was annoying and enjoyed the first one more.

---------- Post added November-24th-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

Missed this post. My thoughts exactly. Well said.

Sarah Connor's speech in the house of the guy who made the computer chip does kind of make you cringe.

Nailed it.

I know everyone loves T2 but I thought the kid was annoying and enjoyed the first one more.

---------- Post added November-24th-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

Missed this post. My thoughts exactly. Well said.

Add me to the original Terminator was far superior crowd.

Hard to say "best action movie" because of all of the subgenres, but...

1. Aliens

2. Terminator 2

3. Die Hard

4. Predator

5. Ronin

Most underrated (and best action horror) is Blade. Best action-comedy for me is Beverly Hills Cop. Best spy film is Goldeneye or Skyfall. Best martial arts is Jackie Chan's Drunken Master. Best disaster action flick is Independence Day. Best superhero action film is very difficult but probably Iron-Man or Tim Burton's Batman.

Really like this list.

Gotta say though, never seen Ronin. Should that be the next movie I watch no matter what? Is it that good?

Really like this list.

Gotta say though, never seen Ronin. Should that be the next movie I watch no matter what? Is it that good?

I really liked Ronin. But it's not because of the action. (Don't think that there was that much.) But the acting. The story. That was first rate.

I'd say it's like "Heat". There's like 2 action scenes. (Although, granted, one of them lasts like 10 minutes.) And they aren't the best parts of the film. But it's one heck of a movie.

I'd put it on a list of "Best movie". But not "best action movie". Because the latter, to me, implies "best movie because of the action". And what makes "Heat" and "Ronin" great, isn't the action.

(That's why I went with "Raiders": What made it great, was the action.)

Aliens for balls-out violent action and suspense. Predator is also right there.

For action comedy I'd say True Lies or Rush Hour 2.

As far as superhero movies, The Dark Knight is at the top for me. Watchmen would be second.

For hand to hand combat stuff, it's got to be a crazy, no special effects movie from Southeast Asia, like Ong Bak or The Raid: Redemption.

Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior,First Blood,Predator,Enter The Dragon,Matrix,Gladiator,Speed,Bourne Ultimatum, to name a few.

Did you google it PCS? lol.

I did and those are the movies I was trying to think of. They also listed Saving Private Ryan- Love that movie but is it really an action movie, are war movies with action actual action movies?

Did you google it PCS? lol.

I did and those are the movies I was trying to think of. They also listed Saving Private Ryan- Love that movie but is it really an action movie, are war movies with action actual action movies?

I don't consider that or Platoon or Apocalypse Now "action films". That's getting into really technical territory.

They Live. LOL goes along with cheesy but loveable movies like Big Trouble in Little China

Aliens

Die Hard(s) though 2 was lame even with Sipowitz...lol

Rambo II

Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid

Raiders movies

and my all time fav movie all time which to me is an action/thriller/horror/drama/ and comedy is Jaws

I'd like "Heat", too. But because is has action, and a plot.

(And DeNiro and Pacino.)

For pure action? How about:

http://cf.drafthouse.com/_uploads/galleries/3856/indiana-jones-raiders.jpg

Yeah absolutely best action movie hands down was Raiders of the Lost Ark. It has more action in the first five minutes than any other action movie had in 2 hours...

So much action I got winded in the first half hour and we still have more than an hour to go.

Archived