Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @John Keim Twitter: Meriweather Torn ACL

Rypien1191

We seriously might have to start looking at FA safeties to fill in for the rest of the season if we want to even think of making a run. Meriweather made an immediate impact yesterday and I just don't think Doughty/Williams/Gomes are enough to keep the secondary afloat for the rest of the year.

This is another reason why we should've kept Landry! We had no answers at the safety position, yet we allowed this guy to walk, now look at us!

Congratulations, you are the first member to complain about players no longer on the team. You win the internets.

I swear to god, everytime one of our players goes down, we have to get these types of posts. The "what if" posts. Can't you guys let old players go? Give it a rest.

I swear to god I am going to start banning for the Rogers/Landry stupidity at this point. And of course, they wouldn't even get "why."

<added--If you're among the brain-dead, don't reply to this vent-post "explaining" why "it was a mistake." Just keep moving. ;)>

Oh thank god. I'm SOOOOOO tired of seeing these posts everytime something doesn't go right. I've been up in arms about us living in the "what if" world as I have been ranting on Kyle running a stretch play on 3rd and short. Posts like this guys make me want to poke my eyes out with chopsticks.

As of today, Monday November 19 - Best Available Free Agent Safeties

Safeties

1. Nick Collins

2. Deon Grant

3. O.J. Atogwe

4. Brodney Pool

5. Tyrone Culver

6. Sean Jones

7. Jaiquawn Jarrett

8. Melvin Bullitt

9. Tyrell Johnson

10. Bob Sanders

11. Husain Abdullah

12. Gerald Alexander

13. Gibril Wilson

14. Reggie Smith

15. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

16. Jon McGraw

17. Paul Oliver

18. Larry Asante

19. Aaron Francisco

20. James Butler

I swear to god I am going to start banning for the Rogers/Landry stupidity at this point. And of course, they wouldn't even get "why."

<added--If you're among the brain-dead, don't reply to this vent-post "explaining" why "it was a mistake." Just keep moving. ;)>

Please do, thank you. It gets too much.

But, my God, this hurts. I knew Brandon would help this D a lot because the biggest thing it suffered from was poor athleticism at the safety position and he boosted that considerably. We saw how effective he was coming up fast and making tackles with great physicality against FBs and TEs running quick routes.

I just hope that Gomes wakes up. He filled in for Meriweather yesterday was as aggressive as I've seen him since the Saints game. Something went horribly wrong with Gomes after that Saints game and it has created a huge problem for our Safety corps. If Gomes can start flying around and playing physical again we might be ok.

Congratulations, you are the first member to complain about players no longer on the team. You win the internets.

I swear to god, everytime one of our players goes down, we have to get these types of posts. The "what if" posts. Can't you guys let old players go? Give it a rest.

Due to the unending time warp on this POS board and our zero importance to redskins IT dep't, my post on this matter appears somewhat back on the page, but I am really ready to start culling this herd Big Time and that may become one of the litmus tests. :)

Well This sucks. Maybe we Let Dhall play more at either safety positions. I respect what our front office has done so far, but I need to know what they were doing when they allowed the patriots to snag Aquib Talib from the bucks for I think a 4th round pick when we needed all the help we could get in our secondary?

He'd of been done for the season in game 1 if we'd of kept him.. Believe that!

Umm what? No. Just because you have a period of injuries doesn't mean that's the situation forever. Can't stand when people get that fixated in their minds. Without surgery - Landry has played the most games in a single season for the Jets, since 2009 with the Redskins.

Jets - 5th ranked in pass defense with a LONG play of 41.

Redskins - 29th ranked pass defense with a LONG play of 82.

They have less sacks than us, less picks than us and have let up 6 less touchdown than us with LaRon Landry absent in our secondary, and present in theirs. I'm all for keeping Shanahan around but this is one of those FO moves where they failed on their gamble. They instead chose - Tanard Jackson and DOUBLE failed, knowing the risk involved with him.

So if anyone wants to argue this further - please, tell me how we went in the right direction here. Given the salary cap I do understand why it was difficult, but Landry signed an injury clause deal with the Jets for 3.5 million and Tanard Jackson came here for range 700,000 with the possibility of around 2,000,000.

Umm what? No. Just because you have a period of injuries doesn't mean that's the situation forever. Can't stand when people get that fixated in their minds. Without surgery - Landry has played the most games in a single season for the Jets, since 2009 with the Redskins.

Jets - 5th ranked in pass defense with a LONG play of 41.

Redskins - 29th ranked pass defense with a LONG play of 82.

They have less sacks than us, less picks than us and have let up 6 less touchdown than us with LaRon Landry absent in our secondary, and present in theirs. I'm all for keeping Shanahan around but this is one of those FO moves where they failed on their gamble. They instead chose - Tanard Jackson and DOUBLE failed. Knowing the risk involved.

So if anyone wants to argue this further - please, tell me how we went in the right direction here. Given the salary cap I do understand why it was difficult, but Landry signed an injury clause deal with the Jets for 3.5 million and Tanard Jackson came here for range 700,000 with the possibility of around 2,000,000.

It's not smart to keep someone around who consistenly rags on our on coaching/medical staff and then refuses to have the proper care in order to maintain his health on and off the field... yet, still take photos of himself in the mirror

Actually I've spoken of the Landry loss since it happened. You don't let your players walk, when you have no back up plan.

edit babble

listen, you and every other clueless one on this matter...while their were good arguments on BOTH sides (make sure "ya'all" get THAT), we got blasted by the UNEXPECTED cap penalty and YES both the meriweather and jackson events (which were not where we wanted to go before the cap blast) ended up badly, it was as much bad luck as "poor moves" you amazing dotards (meant generally). :)

You (any one-sided mourner of the departed) don't look smart using hindsight inspired by fanboy manlove, you look like unimaginative unoriginal unthinking igwads saying the same dumbass **** for the hundred-thousandth time, and appeal only to other igwads. :)

Well This sucks. Maybe we Let Dhall play more at either safety positions. I respect what our front office has done so far, but I need to know what they were doing when they allowed the patriots to snag Aquib Talib from the bucks for I think a 4th round pick when we needed all the help we could get in our secondary?

Well with Allen in the front office and Raheem Morris on staff, I am sure we knew enough about Talib. Apparently they did not think he was worth the cost. I am comfortable with that, knowing that we probably knew more about Talib than any team other than the Bucs.

I'd give Deon Grant a shot if we still plan on staying competitive. He's good for a few INTs and maybe a sack or two. At 33 years old, I'd only bring him in the finish out the year and hopefully gain knowledge of Eli's passing game. If anyone knows how to read Eli, it'll be him...

I'd like to help him with lesson #1 on Eli since we seemed confused about this topic in October:

If the Giants are losing in the final 2 minutes, try to maybe guard against the TD because Eli will attempt to bring his team back using the forward pass.

Archived