Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Hello There, Racists!" New Tumblr Page Outing People that Made Racist Tweets/FB Statuses After the Election

#98QBKiller

I love stuff like this. It makes me realize how insane it is when people say things like "America is a post-racial society."

I love people equating racism existing to it being endorsed by society

neither society at large nor the law condones it here

Some of these were a bit much... revealing that kid from Missouri's drivers license info? Wait what the hell is a kid born in 1997 doing with a drivers license anyway?

You know what though? **** em. Just **** em. They put this **** out there, they deserve to be publicly humiliated. Would be pretty funny if some of these high schoolers get in trouble with their school or athletic teams because of this.

I'm all for this, but I do wonder if it makes sense to out minors. I'm glad to not be held accountable for some of the things I did in high school.

I'm with you. If you're an adult and posting that kind of nonsense under your own name, you have zero expectation of privacy. I don't see any street addresses listed so it's not an invitation to do them harm. But the high school kids, no, leave them out of it. Some of them definitely deserve consequences for what they wrote but this isn't the way to do it.

Imagine the potential problems when the HR dept of a potential job googles them too.

Oh boy yeah. Man. 10 years down the road and you get a nice series of rejection letters to every job you apply for and can't figure out why. Yeah. They're potentially screwed. Better hope the KKK is hiring (or Fox News). :D (sorry, cheap shot)

But to be honest, is it that much different that committing a felony as a high schooler (from an employment standpoint)? That's could follow you around forever too. Bottom line, these days you are accountable for what you say and do, forever. So don't do stupid crap like this to ruin your life.

I've got a problem with it.

I can understand it.

But, to me, when you start publishing hateful things about people (even true things), and the person's address, and employer, and things like that, then what you're doing is encouraging somebody else to do something terribly wrong.

Then you can go after them legally. If this leads to some racists being killed because of the info. being published, then that site will be liable. Why liable, because they posted info. that made it easy to find the racists.

You aren't going to change the racist. Senior Citizens, Baby Boomers and probably some Gen Xers lived when racism was more prevalent and part of the system. You'll just have to wait until they die off.

Actually, looking at how the young generation is more tolerant now and accepting ; shows there's hope for the future.

if you have evidence that that is the case, i'll call the cops on them for you, if you're worried about being a "snitch".

:ols: Why did you ignore the first part of my post. You must be a journalist, trying to twist my words and stuff.

BS. racism and other evils need to be confronted, outed, and rooted out. ignoring them is what allows them to become entrenched and normalized.

Did I say ignore them? No. I said find a better way to deal with it.

I dont have a problem with posting name, city, and state info. As long as it doesn't come from hacking or stalking, more power to them.

Stating an actual address or place of work is going a bit too far IMO. As bad as the racist comment may be, it's no reason to justify harassment. Not only does it set a bad precedent for the next person who wants to out someone for any other reason, but there is a good chance that some of the identities are wrong.

Agreed. Which is why this is stupid. It also seems pathetically vindictive. So somebody on the internet is saying something stupid and offensive... as has happened all the time everyday since the advent of the internet. Who cares?

This.

That is my whole point. There is a better way to stop racism. Creating a blog, putting people out there isn't the way to do it.

Agreed. Which is why this is stupid. It also seems pathetically vindictive. So somebody on the internet is saying something stupid and offensive... as has happened all the time everyday since the advent of the internet. Who cares?

I don't really agree. At some point within the last decade, probably with Friendster or MySpace, the anonymity of the Internet was sacrificed and it became a real place with real people. Most people's vital information is out there (shared or unshared) on the Internet. People use the Internet to communicate with people more than they do their phones or face to face. To expect people to act civil is paramount.

Most of those people were kids though. I'm not sure that we should out juveniles but something should be done about it. These are people (even if they are under 18) interacting with society and causing harm (not to me, but to some I'm sure). There should be some sort of justice for what is most certainly a hate crime.

Solving such a problem gets a bit more difficult for me though. I'm all for freedom on the Internet so coming up with some sort of rules and regulations about Internet social behavior is difficult.

Nah. I was a racist teen too. It was simple ignorance. They will eventually grow up and wise up (most of them, anyway).

You know what, you're right. It wasn't that I was racist (and I'm sure you weren't either) but I said hateful things and held positions that were harsh and left very little room for compromise. Hell, I used to be a republican.

You know what, you're right. It wasn't that I was racist (and I'm sure you weren't either) but I said hateful things and held positions that were harsh and left very little room for compromise. Hell, I used to be a republican.

Oh, sure I was a racist. I grew up in Virginia in the 1960s and early 1970s. We were all casually racist, at least until we got out of our little suburban bubble and actually met some black people.

I remember singing the Daniel Boone theme song:

"Daniel Boone was a Man

He was a big Man

But the bear was bigger so he ran like a ******

up a tree"

haw haw

pure ignorance

(ps - I was also a Republican heheh)

Archived