Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerramy Stevens, worst person ever?

skinsfan07

I dont get some women.

There was a woman I worked with - totally the hottest thing on the planet, could have had any guy... her husband was the biggest POS, beat her up all the time - and he was ugly and had a crappy paying job... She told me stories of him chasing her down the driveway and beating her unconcious. I begged her to leave, get away from the scum bag. She would say she was leaving him and then be back with him and show up with fresh bruises. I looked at her in disbelief and she told me the heart wants what the heart wants and she likes the bad boy. It was frighteneing... then she had a kid with him - she told me that a kid would solve the problems.

I just dont get it.

Simple reason - fear. They're afraid of what their spouse would do if they left.

Men tend to have more of a 'fight' response in that situation, whereas women have more of a 'flight' response (which doesn't translate to 'leave', more like 'give in').

Simple reason - fear. They're afraid of what their spouse would do if they left.

Men tend to have more of a 'fight' response in that situation, whereas women have more of a 'flight' response (which doesn't translate to 'leave' than 'give in').

But what attracts them in the first place?

Man, I swear I'm wasting my opportunities. I've got the perfect set up and back story to be a "bad boy" but I just don't have it in me to be a douche.

THIS!!! Thank you. And you beat me to it. The "poor beautiful Hope Solo" sentiment in this thread was annoying the **** out of me. From what I can tell Stevens is a douche and Hope Solo is a ****. Perfect pair.

As for the incident that brought about this thread, as has already been mentioned, the judge dismissed the charges against him because there were no signs of assault on Hope Solo save for some blood on her elbow. Dude is 6'7", I'm pretty sure he'd leave a mark. Not defending his character or his past, but there's nothing to these latest allegations. Probably two drunk *******s arguing in the middle of the night over some dumb ****, the cops are called, see its American sweetheart, poor beautiful Hope Solo, see her 6'7" husband and try to be heroes.

Man, that's the thing. There is a time and place for people to use the "victim" card, but this isn't one of them. This situation Solo is in is HER doing. I don't know what redeeming qualities that she thinks Stevens has, but trouble has followed him for the better part of his life. She's used poor judgement and is an absolute idiot. People need to stop feeling sorry for her for what she has done to herself.

As long and he keeps blocking, catching and scoring touchdowns who cares? :rolleyes:

This sort of thing goes on all the time at college. It's disgusting, and part of our culture that really needs to change. I'm hoping the Penn State mess has opened all of our eyes a little bit. Athletes need to stop being propped up on such high pedestals that they become untouchable.

He's been out of the league for 2 years now though.

But what attracts them in the first place?

Man, I swear I'm wasting my opportunities. I've got the perfect set up and back story to be a "bad boy" but I just don't have it in me to be a douche.

And alot of times its just the superficial stuff (looks, status, etc.)

And you cannot always easily spot domestic abusers ... most act quite normal under most circumstances. By the time they find out, they're already in too deep.

The guy equivalent is going after the gorgeous chick who happens to be crazy...

Man, that's the thing. There is a time and place for people to use the "victim" card, but this isn't one of them. This situation Solo is in is HER doing. I don't know what redeeming qualities that she thinks Stevens has, but trouble has followed him for the better part of his life. She's used poor judgement and is an absolute idiot. People need to stop feeling sorry for her for what she has done to herself.

I feel sorry for her even though I realize that she is doing this to herself. :whoknows:

In light of the news coming out about Stevens beating the beautiful Hope Solo and they STILL planned to get married, I came across this article. This has to be the biggest POS ever. Amazing that he still gets so many chances!

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Really long piece, but worth the read. Absolutely disgusts me. Why do girls still go for the "bad boy?"

every girl wants a bad boy to be good just for her and every boy wants a good girl to be bad only for him. True Story bro.

that being said, this guy is a douch nozzle, who needs to go to prision and expeirence first hand what anal rape feels like.

UPDATE: just read the whole article, and at the very bottom, after he signs with Tampa Bay, our very own Bruce Allen said "He has had some off-the-field issues that have hampered him a bit. We had a very serious talk with him today. I think Jerramy Stevens is a good young man." Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren had vouched for Stevens, Allen said. "Sometimes," Allen said, "you have to give people a chance."

This is the man in charge of your Redskins personel decisions, a great judge of character.

I wonder what Allen has to say about Jerramy now?

We have an awful society and this is just a side product. It's common.

I am the bad body, but I am a nice guy. I've usually gotten screwed over from the girls I've loved.

Don't hate on the bad boys, even the black sheep be blessed, but it's harder.

There's a difference between being a bad boy and someone who beats/rapes someone. Bad boys can be good people if they want to be.

Hope is clearly making a poor decision and I think she's an idiot, knowing about his past. That being said, if he does abuse her in any way that is not her fault. She should be wary and probably rethink her decisions, but God forbid something happen, I would definitely feel bad for her. Just because a woman puts herself in a potentially bad situation, does not mean she deserves to be raped or beaten if it does happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope Solo = Dumbest Lady Ever

What a damn moron.

Given that they've only been together, what, 2 months and there is already a physical altercation...I expect to see another domestic violence story in the news before 2013.

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 06:22 PM ----------

why do you care?

If she happy and dont care, why should we care?

:ols:

Oh you know, the likelihood that this will escalate into an even larger crime is pretty compelling for the normal, non-violent people in our society...

Hope Solo = Dumbest Lady Ever

What a damn moron.

Given that they've only been together, what, 2 months and there is already a physical altercation...I expect to see another domestic violence story in the news before 2013.

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 06:22 PM ----------

:ols:

Oh you know, the likelihood that this will escalate into an even larger crime is pretty compelling for the normal, non-violent people in our society...

this goes on everyday around this country and you dont comment on it.

She happy, he happy, its their problem. We care too much about people we have never met and dont know. If he is beating her behind the scenes then thats on her for staying in a bad relationship. And again from the initial incident it looks like Stevens wasnt charged and the argument didnt involve Hope Solo but someone else in the family.

I really have a problem with this save-a-woman mentality some men have towards celebs.

Not really seeing a manifestation of that "mentality" in this thread. Most people are saying she's a moron... :doh:

you all are calling her a moron because there is a hope (heh) that she sees the error in her ways and moves on.

Me? I can give a flying you know what. If she happy enough to be Mrs Jeremy Stevens then let her.

Archived