Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Source: Nick Foles to start

TheGreek1973

Don't know if this was posted yet.

rookie quarterback Nick Foles will start against the Washington Redskins on Sunday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, after Michael Vick was diagnosed with what coach Andy Reid called a "pretty significant concussion."

Rest of article bellow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8624710/nick-foles-philadelphia-eagles-start-concussed-michael-vick-washington-redskins

I believe this is better for us because we just suck against scrambling QBs. Not that Foles can;t move in the pocket. And yes I know he is a rookie and we make rookies QBs look like HOF material but still we just don't have the speed on D to cover QBs that can run.

While I like the Skins chances more against Foles, I'm not believing it until Sunday. A few years ago I think Vick got hurt and Reid said in the beginning of the week that the backup (I think Kolb at the time) would start, but did a 180 by the end of the week and Vick wound up playing.

If Foles starts a bigger problem may be that the Eagles will give McCoy more than 20 rushes.

Not worried about the run. We played badly in some games but overall we can hold up against the run. However, rookie QB or not, they are going to be able to pass on us all day.

Andy Reid is relying on saber metrics. He knows that Haslett can't beat rookie qbs.

The kid actually looked pretty good last week. His completion percentage was nice. On the other hand, he turned the ball over 4 times in about a half with the refs nullifying a couple. We'll see what he looks like given a week of prep.

I'm actually not worried about foles or the run. Outside of that 1 TD pass, i can't remember a pass attempt longer than 15 yards vs Dallas. If i were the Skins, i would blitz ALL day. If we can't get pressure on him, against THAT Oline, then i would have a genuine concern that we may not win another game this season. And Shanny may be, and SHOULD be on the hotseat. There is no excuse what so ever that we lose this game. I don't want to hear about injuries, i don't want to hear about coaches, i don't want to hear about players not being motivated. All of that is complete BS!

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 08:29 AM ----------

The kid actually looked pretty good last week..

Sorry Burg, i just didn't see it. he had a couple nice plays. Otherwise his body of work was very shaky to me.

Andy Reid is relying on saber metrics. He knows that Haslett can't beat rookie qbs.

The kid actually looked pretty good last week. His completion percentage was nice. On the other hand, he turned the ball over 4 times in about a half with the refs nullifying a couple. We'll see what he looks like given a week of prep.

About half his passes were very short, 5 yards or less, which helped the completion percentage. I expect we'll see the same from him again Sunday, however if he's given time he's shown he has the arm to find the open receiver. Maybe we'll come up with some well-disguised blitzes in the bye week... well, I can hope :P

If Foles starts a bigger problem may be that the Eagles will give McCoy more than 20 rushes.

I hope McCoy goes bonkers on us between the 20's. Maybe 1 or 2 scores would be cool with me. Just don't let that douche Foles kill us! Also doesn't hurt that I have Mccoy starting on my fantasy team.

I hope McCoy goes bonkers on us between the 20's. Maybe 1 or 2 scores would be cool with me. Just don't let that douche Foles kill us! Also doesn't hurt that I have Mccoy starting on my fantasy team.

I've played Fantasy Football for 22 years. One thing I never do is openly "root" or "hope" a player does against us. Now I'm no fool. Every WR or TE I have, I play against us. Not because I "want" them to do good for my fantasy team, but because I "know" they'll do good against us. I'm starting DeSean Jackson this week, but if he sucks and we win, so be it.

I've played Fantasy Football for 22 years. One thing I never do is openly "root" or "hope" a player does against us. Now I'm no fool. Every WR or TE I have, I play against us. Not because I "want" them to do good for my fantasy team, but because I "know" they'll do good against us. I'm starting DeSean Jackson this week, but if he sucks and we win, so be it.

lol well I like McCoy in general, so I root for him regardless, but obviously, if he sucks and we win, I'd be cool with that too. Just hope that if we do blow them out, or win, he at least has a decent game.

lol well I like McCoy in general, so I root for him regardless, but obviously, if he sucks and we win, I'd be cool with that too. Just hope that if we do blow them out, or win, he at least has a decent game.

Um, if we win, then you'd be cool with that, too?

I never play the fan card, but us winning trumps fantasy football *ALWAYS*.

Um, if we win, then you'd be cool with that, too?

I never play the fan card, but us winning trumps fantasy football *ALWAYS*.

Yeah that's what I said. I always prefer a Skins win over fantasy. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt if McCoy had a decent game! I don't really see the problem with that. Ain't like our D has been top notch anyways.

Archived