Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Holmgren wants to coach Cowboys

Hitman21ST

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092674/article/report-mike-holmgren-wants-to-coach-dallas-cowboys

Sources close to Holmgren told La Canfora he's attracted to the role "given the competitiveness of the roster, the skill players present, and his long relationship with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones."

Holmgren and Jones worked together for a decade-plus on the NFL's Competition Committee, but there's no indication the Cowboys have any interest in the former Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks coach. La Canfora reported that Holmgren is looking for a "perfect scenario," and will retire if it doesn't materialize.

I haven't heard anything about Garrett being in serious danger (thank you Jerruh) but if he is, I wouldn't complain about Holmgren going to them.

I haven't heard anything about Garrett being in serious danger (thank you Jerruh) but if he is, I wouldn't complain about Holmgren going to them.

He should be. He is 4-9 in his last 13. Three of those wins were the Bucs and Panthers!!!

If we lose today (we likely will) he needs to be on the hot seat.

Holmgren, Payton ... they can fix this mess.

He should be. He is 4-9 in his last 13. Three of those wins were the Bucs and Panthers!!!

Holmgren likes to have personnel control (not that he's good at it, but he does). Do you think he and Jerruh could get along?

No, it is. There's a link that leads to words written by somebody else and everything.

Perhaps he meant to say that it is a story with no merit to it. Jerruh is going to everything possible to hang on to his home-grown hand puppet. There's no coach out there worth their salt that is going to take the job if it means more of the same, like Jerruh being in control and not being able to tear down the all-glitz, no guts culture. I don't see it happening, at least not for a couple more years. I expect at least another round of delusional Jerruh behavior.

Except that The Red Avenger might be looking for a job...

I wouldn't mind seeing him get canned.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

No, it is. There's a link that leads to words written by somebody else and everything.

It's like the "Gruden to Philly" story. Nothing solid worth reporting. Lazy journalism by NFL.com, like always.

It's like the "Gruden to Philly" story. Nothing solid worth reporting. Lazy journalism by NFL.com, like always.

Only it's not. Gruden to Philly was entirely based off one guy's imagination - nothing Gruden said. Holmgren to Dallas is based off of something Holmgren actually said.

Perhaps he meant to say that it is a story with no merit to it. Jerruh is going to everything possible to hang on to his home-grown hand puppet. There's no coach out there worth their salt that is going to take the job if it means more of the same, like Jerruh being in control and not being able to tear down the all-glitz, no guts culture. I don't see it happening, at least not for a couple more years. I expect at least another round of delusional Jerruh behavior.

I often wonder what/how the job interviews go. Does Jerry say, "i will stay out of your way."?

Only it's not. Gruden to Philly was entirely based off one guy's imagination - nothing Gruden said. Holmgren to Dallas is based off of something Holmgren actually said.

Eh, desire and reality are two separate things.

I hear Andy Reid will probably be available at the end of the season... <hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink>

I see. Holmgren is playing stupid just like McNabb was playing stupid. If the agent was truly acting irresponsibly and on his own, the agent would risk getting fired, I would speculate....since that is what I would do...

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

I hear Andy Reid will probably be available at the end of the season... <hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink>

I would love for Fat Andy to join Dallas. He's just like redhead Garrett. Undisciplined team and a propensity to be pass-happy. Although Holmgren would be more of a sure thing Dallas never gets a Super Bowl because retreads never win Super Bowls.

The WCO is actually a step behind in terms of offensive innovation nowadays because everything in the WCO has been incorporated is practically all of the offenses fielded today.

Archived