Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five questions about the NBA (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought this might be a really fun thread. Here is a small survey of NBA questions, answer with some good explanations and vote in the poll also.

1. Can the Thunder win an NBA championship this year without James Harden?

2. Who will win NBA MVP at season's end?

3. Which team is the biggest threat in the Eastern Conference to the Hear this season?

4. Will Kevin Durant end his career considered better than Kobe Bryant?

5. Who do you take, 27 year old LeBron James or 27 year old Michael Jordan?

1. Can the Thunder win an NBA championship this year without James Harden? Yes. Maynor could play a big role late in the season handling the ball sometimes in crunch time. I say that mainly, so they can feed the ball more often to Durant and not let Westbrook jack up odd shots in the 4th. He's a great talent, and they win at times because of that style he plays, but he gets out of control too often.

2. Who will win NBA MVP at season's end? I think it's Durant's year

3. Which team is the biggest threat in the Eastern Conference to the Hear this season? No one really but if I had to pick one, it's gonna be the Celtics. They'll be there in the end even if they can barely beat the Wiz right now.

4. Will Kevin Durant end his career considered better than Kobe Bryant? No, only Lebron can.

5. Who do you take, 27 year old LeBron James or 27 year old Michael Jordan. Two different players but I can't not take MJ.

Yeah they can win without Harden. They lasted 5 games with him not showing up. If a couple of calls didn't go against them they could have went at least six with the Heat last year. But as always, no matter if Harden is there or not, it will fall on Westbrook's play.

Lebron. Best player on the best team. Shoot, he is the best in league.

3. Which team is the biggest threat in the Eastern Conference to the Heat this season?

The Knicks. Especially if they can find a way to successfully incorporate Amare to what they have going on right now. The Celtics would be second. Nobody else has a chance.

Yes. But people will not admit it, that is why I voted no in the poll. He might not win as many titles as Kobe, but his game will continue to evolve. For goodness sake, he is only 23 and he is the 2nd best player in the league.

This is tricky, I went with Lebron just because the dude is a beast. I guess it all comes down to rather you want somebody with talent or a killer instinct.

1. The Thunder can win but only if Durant asserts himself ahead of Westbrook and seriously improves defensively. A couple steals is nice and his length helps but he needs to be able to lock down a guy late in a game. Ibaka is not enough to beat Miami.

2. I think Durant wins because the NBA voters love spreading out MVP's or MJ would have about 8.

3. The biggest threat is still Boston, I don't trust the Knicks and have no reason to. Boston knows the formula and knows Ray allen's strengths more than any other team in the conference.

4. If he improves defensively than yes because he's a vastly more efficient scorer already and a better redounder and got clutch quicker than Kobe. The public though, loves championships and he won't be lucked into players like Shaq the way Kobe was so 5 is unlikely if not impossible.

5. Jordan. Can't go against His Airness in his absolute prime. This is the same year he put up 31/11 per game on 54% shooting in his first NBA Finals.

Yeah they can win without Harden. They lasted 5 games with him not showing up. If a couple of calls didn't go against them they could have went at least six with the Heat last year. But as always, no matter if Harden is there or not, it will fall on Westbrook's play.

Lebron. Best player on the best team. Shoot, he is the best in league.

3. Which team is the biggest threat in the Eastern Conference to the Heat this season?

The Knicks. Especially if they can find a way to successfully incorporate Amare to what they have going on right now. The Celtics would be second. Nobody else has a chance.

Yes. But people will not admit it, that is why I voted no in the poll. He might not win as many titles as Kobe, but his game will continue to evolve. For goodness sake, he is only 23 and he is the 2nd best player in the league.

This is tricky, I went with Lebron just because the dude is a beast. I guess it all comes down to rather you want somebody with talent or a killer instinct.

Jordan had both. Let's not forget in 88-89 MJ put up 32.5 8 and 8 a game on 54% FG. When you're at that level of dominance you can fill the stat sheet any way you want itcomes down to what your team needs on a nightly basis.

1) Yeah...I think people don't realize that Durant and Westbrook are going to get even better. I think a superhuman playoff performance is coming this year

2) Durant. Dark horse is Melo.

3) Celtics. Just like the Steelers, they won't have the top seed or anything but they are money when it counts.

4) No. Kobe is more than a player...But Durant def has a shot

5) 27 Year Old Jordan...watch his old stuff and it's like everyone else is moving in slow motion. And he was still a killer when it counted. LBJ is a SMIDGE beneath him.

But it's really splitting hairs

1. I said no, but am starting to rethink that a bit. Still think they have a tough road to the finals.

2. Durant

3. I said the Bulls, but in all honesty, I think the Heat are just in a different class than the other Eastern Conference teams.

4. Kobe will go down as the better player than Durant.

5. I said 27 year old James, but that has to do with his size and rebounding abilities as well. They are 2 completly different players and I feel that James may bring more to the table. That said, if this had said who do I want taking the final shot? I'd take Jordan hands down.

Jordan had both. Let's not forget in 88-89 MJ put up 32.5 8 and 8 a game on 54% FG. When you're at that level of dominance you can fill the stat sheet any way you want itcomes down to what your team needs on a nightly basis.

I hear you Sticks, but I don't think that the NBA is as athletic as it was during that time as it is today.....

If you can promise me that Phil Jackson was the coach and Jordan comes with Pippen, I would take Jordan. But if I am building a team, from scratch, I gotta take Lebron.

If you followed my posts about Lebron the last year or two you should understand that I am not happy with the way I feel. :doh:

I hear you Sticks, but I don't think that there the NBA is as athletic as it was during that time as it is today.....

If you can promise me that Phil Jackson was the coach and Jordan comes with Pippen, I would take Jordan. But if I am building a team, from scratch, I gotta take Lebron.

If you followed my posts about Lebron the last year or two you should understand that I am not happy with the way I feel. :doh:

I know you aren't implying MJ was a product of Phil.:cool:

Well consider this. 40 year old MJ put up 20/6 per in today's NBA. hat does prime MJ do? The athleticism stuff is relevant to scrubs not one of the most insanely talented athletes ever. But that's just IMO.

I know you aren't implying MJ was a product of Phil.:cool:

Well consider this. 40 year old MJ put up 20/6 per in today's NBA. hat does prime MJ do? The athleticism stuff is relevant to scrubs not one of the most insanely talented athletes ever. But that's just IMO.

Naw, Jordan is the best. In the playoffs, where it counts the most, give me Jordan. But in the regular season, I will take Lebron. I just think he would fill up the stat sheet....

1.) Yes

2.) LeBron

3.) Knicks

4.) Yes

5.) Jordan

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 07:09 PM ----------

LeBron lets you do more from an Xs and Os point of view. But Jordan was the more efficient player. Jordan's efficiency is flat out impossible. I doubt any other perimeter player ever matches it.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 07:19 PM ----------

I'm pretty surprised so many people think Kobe will go down as better than Durant.

Durant is almost as good today as Kobe was at his absolute peak. Durant's third season in the league rivals Kobe's best season.

Kobe is not a top ten player in NBA history. Durant will go down as a top ten player.

Durant is like LeBron. He has no ceiling. His type has never been seen by the league before, and he will smash Kobe's career numbers.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 07:26 PM ----------

That said, I'm also surprised that so many people think Durant will beat LeBron for the MVP.

Put it this way, LeBron is the best player in the league by a very large margin right now. He's playing at a level matched only by guys like Jordan in their peak.

If Durant beats LeBron for the MVP, as so many of you think he will, then he;s absolutely already a better player than Kobe Bryant ever was.

Durant won't be considered better than Kobe because of championships. I just don't see him winning that many while Lebron is around. Thankfully they aren't in the same conference.

Well Durant will get at least a ring or two one day. The best players almost always do and there will be a point when Durant is the best player in the NBA.

Let's say he wins two rings as the guy on his team and gets the finals MVPs, and wins a pair of regular season MVPs, wins at least four more scoring titles, and busts all of Kobe's individual stats.

Would he be considered better than Kobe?

Kobe's first three rings came as Shaq's sidekick in a watered down NBA where the only good teams in the league were Sac town, Dallas, and San Antonio and they got a cakewalk path over a dreadful EC. Would those supersede Durant's hypothetical accomplishments? Remember, Kobe's only got two rings as the guy.

And I think I was pretty conservative with that bar I set for Durant. I think he's actually going to win several MVPs and rings before it's all said and done. I think he'll be remembered as a top ten player in NBA history. He's already too good too young and he's got talent around him and good management at his back. He's grown his game so much already, where's it going to be when he hits his prime? George Gervin meets Larry Bird? That's kind of an ultimate perimeter player.

LeBron had a pretty big flop last night that got Morris to foul out of the game in a crucial spot at the end of the game. Nobodies boxed out, it's a long rebound. Both Morris and LeBron go up for the ball, there is mutual contact, Morris gets the rebound, LeBron falls on his ass... Loose ball foul on Morris and he's out, LeBron gets two FTs which make it a one point game. I'm curious to see if they're going to warn or punish him or if they're just going to enforce the anti flopping rule on scrubs.

It was absolutely pathetic. And then James Harden gets clobbered going to the rim on an ensuing possession and "good no call there."

LeBron gets to foul with impunity and gets his opponents whistled for trifles. It's stupidly unfair and the egregious star calls are one of the worst thing about the NBA. In the final minutes of a close regular season game against a young team lacking superstars, the refs basically hand the game to any Superstar.

Archived