Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the best way to make a PB&J sandwich?

Spaceman Spiff

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Want to take it up about twenty notches? Substitute Eggo waffles for the toast

Oh, and I agree about the crunchy PB. Who in their right mind eats creamy? Unless you're 80 and have dentures, this is ridiculous

Try this some time, then thank me later. Butter two pieces of bread the same way you would a grilled cheese, put your peanut butter and jelly on however you like it, heat a skillet and grill the sandwich the same way you would a grilled cheese. Who cares how you cut it. :)

Try this some time, then thank me later. Butter two pieces of bread the same way you would a grilled cheese, put your peanut butter and jelly on however you like it, heat a skillet and grill the sandwich the same way you would a grilled cheese. Who cares how you cut it. :)

x2 on grilled pb&j. Word of caution...eat it with a fork because i will burn the crap out of you.

Skippy, Grape Jelly, Peanut Butter spread first, spread on half only, crust, cut in half (can eat whole also).

Only children don't eat crust.

If I saw one of my friends actually take the time/effort to take the crust off I'm not sure I could take them seriously after.

I like to spread the PB on both sides to set a good foundation. Then, I take some strawberry jelly and spread that on one side. I've found that a 2:1 PB-J ratio is optimal.

Also, have you guys ever tried a toasted PB and J sandwich. It's pretty good.

I've never tried toasting my bread for a PB & J, but now I think I'm gonna have to give it a go, since so many of you are suggesting it. And I might also go with strawberrry instead of grape, just to change it up.

And I agree with the others who said it's crazy to cut the crust off first. Don't really care if it's sliced in half or not.

My wife brought home some Planters peanut butter and it was better than Jif. What took the Planters people so long to get into the peanut butter business?

Anyway, I like the peanut butter on both sides, strawberry jam on one side, with crust, and I never cut it in half. Gotta be on a wheat bread too.

I never thought about how many differences in a PB&J there can be. Imagine the endless possibilities of the mighty Grilled Cheese!

When I was little, my parents made their own jelly and it was god awful. We had the old fashion healthy PB and bread too, so the PB would pull the bread apart and then I'd have to put a big slice (yes slice) of jelly on to hold it together. It was awful. No chips either, which is required for a PB&J. I'd go to my neighbors house and have white bread, with smooth PB, jelly sweeter than candy and fluff. Lunch was truly candy. With chips too and soda.

My wife brought home some Planters peanut butter and it was better than Jif. What took the Planters people so long to get into the peanut butter business?

Anyway, I like the peanut butter on both sides, strawberry jam on one side, with crust, and I never cut it in half. Gotta be on a wheat bread too.

I just tried that recently as well. Pretty good stuff, but I have yet to find anything that tops Peter Pan honey roast.

Potato bread is my personal key to an ideal PB sandwich. Lots of PB (usually smooth, but sometimes crunchy just for a change), just a tiny amount of jam or honey. For jam, I like apricot, but careful to get one that isn't too sweet.

http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/peanutbuttercollage11-665x665.jpg

www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2012/07/homemade-peanut-butter.html

And you can make your own flavors or use healthy nuts, instead of peanuts (because they're an unhealthy legume)

You told me about this a couple of months ago. I haven't tried it yet, but I am.

Jiff crunchy. Strawberry jelly. Double decker sandwich on 3 slices of wheat bread. So I guess that's a middle ground between spread on one side only and spread on both sides.

With crust, not cut. But that goes without saying

Archived