Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mission Trip: Kentucky

70th Week

Ok, so I want to let you guys in on our latest mission work and what a better day than to do it than election day, lol...Our team found a great need up in the mountains of Kentucky since the coal industry is flopping up there and unemployment has been around 80 percent in Pike County since around Memorial Day. So, we got together enough food, clothes, toys, supplies, emergency blankets, winter coats, etc. to fill a 26 ft. long U-Haul truck and headed that way last week. And what a need we found!

This is our second trip this year after being in Jamaica this past summer this journey was a bit easier except for trying to drive that huge truck through those mountains. Trust me when I say, it wasn't easy!

Unloading the truck at the Freeda Harris Baptist Center in Elkhorn City, Ky.

028.jpg

We had a great deal of things that they really needed:

031.jpg

Me and my wife (and little one)

037.jpg

My little one going door to door with witnessing resources:

054.jpg

Me preaching that night:

066.jpg

Awesome job.

help without preaching > help with preaching > no help

Bwahaha, I'll leave that one alone but I will say that Jesus Christ went about taking care of ALL of the people's needs..

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 03:25 PM ----------

Welcome to my back yard!!

Glad to have your help!

I wish I knew you were coming, I'm not far from Pike county now, if ya'll return lt me know we'll certainly get together!

Bahhh! I didn't even think about that. We may be back next summer for some VBS work and maybe revival. I'll definitely let you know next time.

And what beautiful country that is...you're lucky, man.

Bwahaha, I'll leave that one alone but I will say that Jesus Christ went about taking care of ALL of the people's needs..

We may have a disagreement about the need to preach the revealed knowledge vs. the need to educate the discovered knowledge, but we are on the same page about helping people.

Nice job, 70th :). Good stuff---and to all my fellow humans out there of all types and beliefs who do works that are not widely noticed, nor seek or even want any notice, the same to you. There are so many caring and helpful people on the planet, and these are good times tor remember it. :)

Bahhh! I didn't even think about that. We may be back next summer for some VBS work and maybe revival. I'll definitely let you know next time.

No worries, let us know when ya'll start planning and we might be able to do some co-operative mission work.

And what beautiful country that is...you're lucky, man.

Yes indeed, on both counts. I've lived here for almost ten years and I love it!!

Archived