Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Howard Eskin: Nick Folks Likely to Start over Michael Vick for Week 9 Game

Warhead36

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/262784573539241984

#eagles Andy Reid met with coaches after game on sunday to discuss QB situation. Meet again Mon Morn. I'm told likely QB change to Foles.

Eskin later continued on the reason(s) for the switch:

I'm told Vick made 2 bad audible mistakes on calls and has same problems each wk. Reid leaning 2 change at QB bcause Vick not getting better

In seven games this year, Vick has 13 turnovers (9 INTs, 4 Fumbles lost) Vick has fumbled the football 9 times.

Per a USA Today report, Vick confirmed Reid's desire to make a QB change for the next game in New Orleans:

Obviously [Reid is] thinking about making a change at the quarterback position. If that's the decision Coach wants to make, then I'll support it.

IMO this reeks of another desperation move by the Walrus.

I'm glad Foles's first game isn't against us. We suck against rookies/guys making their first start, guaranteed Foles would tear us up for 350+ and 3 TDs. He might still anyway knowing our secondary.

But yeah it definitely reeks of desperation.

This season we aren't that strong against veterans, rookies or anything else. The real question is how are the Eagles going to get a 2nd round pick for Vick, because you know they will?

Hmmm, I suspect Vick regressed a little bit preparation-wise. He and Romo sits to pee are currently the two worst starting QBs in the division. haha.

Vick's numbers are actually better than Romo sits to pee's which is funny enough.

Andy Reid throwing another person under the bush. He gotta be gone soon. He fires his defensive coordinator and they give up 30 points and look horrible, lol.

Honestly, this is simply Justice. Vick going to the Eagles in the first place was the NFL and its idiot commissioner playing favorites. It's only fitting that Vick ends up being a massive problem for them AFTER they gave him a big time contract and, worse still, they relied on him to take their team to the next level and not while he was still just another guy behind McNabb and Kolb.

But, yeah, Justice is a beautiful thing when we get to witness it so clearly, ain't it? One of God's many perfect attributes. They went from thinking they have the best QB situation in the league (McNabb, Kolb, Vick) to trading for two-thirds of those guys, losing all credibility in the process since they both (McNabb and Kolb) went to other teams and stank it up, to thinking about starting a rookie over the guy they trusted so much they willingly dumped the others.

I can see Justice now coming our way, ever so slowly. We got butchered by an unjust cap penalty and have been on the short end of the stick for so long due to an impatient owner. Now, this owner has shown the utmost patience and we finally got the franchise QB we've lacked for decades. It's only a matter of time in my mind.

Hmmm, I suspect Vick regressed a little bit preparation-wise. He and Romo sits to pee are currently the two worst starting QBs in the division. haha.

Making this all about us for a second, we could very soon be seeing a circumstance where both the Eagles and Cowboys are rebooting at coach, QB, etc. Dallas can still pull themselves out of it if they can win 8 or 9 games, but I think the verdict is in for Reid. If that happens, there really isn't a good excuse why we shouldn't be the Giants' main competition in the coming years (beginning next year, of course, since I think they can probably clinch the division next weekend :ols:).

This is interesting. I can't see them winning more than 2 or 3 games starting Foles, and the owner already gave public notice of what will happen if the Eagles are 8-8 or lower. I wonder if Reid and Vick are just as ready to get out of Philly as the fans ready for them to go??

I remember seeing last night Tony Dungy defending Vick. What's interesting here as well is that Vick didn't actually really make many critical mistakes, and it was more so the Eagles defense blowing the game. Why do this now?

I remember seeing last night Tony Dungy defending Vick. What's interesting here as well is that Vick didn't actually really make many critical mistakes, and it was more so the Eagles defense blowing the game. Why do this now?

Vick threw for less than 200 yards and only 1 TD (Though he did run 7 times for 43 more yards). Philly's offense has broken 20 points only 2 times in 7 games this year, and one of those was last week's loss the the Lions (all on the D). This was The Walrus' 1st ever loss after a bye. Vick is under 60% completion for the year.

This QB switch, like the firing of Castillo, is a pure panic move. Reid's 13 year tenure as just barely more clutch than Norv and Marty is coming to an end. Reid's ceiling is the NFCCG, and the only season he made it to the SB was the year he faced (ready for it?) Mike Vick and the Falcons in the NFCCG. I hope Philly fans are happy with mediocrity, because this team has a long fall ahead of it.

Because Andy Reid's MO is to throw anything and anyone under the bus but himself.

Vick threw for less than 200 yards and only 1 TD (Though he did run 7 times for 43 more yards). Philly's offense has broken 20 points only 2 times in 7 games this year, and one of those was last week's loss the the Lions (all on the D). This was The Walrus' 1st ever loss after a bye. Vick is under 60% completion for the year.

This QB switch, like the firing of Castillo, is a pure panic move. Reid's 13 year tenure as just barely more clutch than Norv and Marty is coming to an end. Reid's ceiling is the NFCCG, and the only season he made it to the SB was the year he faced (ready for it?) Mike Vick and the Falcons in the NFCCG. I hope Philly fans are happy with mediocrity, because this team has a long fall ahead of it.

The only thing I can think of is that Reid will be forced to focus more on the running game, like he did with Garcia in 2006, while also making Foles run a safer, more conservative offense. This could potentially save his season, but I agree it's a major panic move.

Hey Andy? McNabb is sitting on the couch and waiting for a team to call! :ols:

Vick with time on his hands.

Animals across the Nation are going into hiding as I type.

On a wider note, the East really is wide open for anyone that can put a few W's together. Philthy's one wholly mess. The 'Girls have a consistent propensity to beat themselves. And New Jersey's finest are riding their luck and then some.

Hail.

If anything starting Nick Foles may bring more balance to their offense. Any coach should break in their rookie QB with a lot RB handoffs.

The Fecals have one of the best RBs in the league in LeSean McCoy, yet Reid has a fancy for passing the ball 70-75% of the game. It's seriously mind boggling.

This was Michael Vicks make it or break it season, his extension was essentially a two year deal.

The Eagles did well in protecting themselves against Vick regressing, and now it's time for them to see what they have in Foles. Kudos to them, couldn't have been an easy decision for Reid given how many veterans he has on that squad.

Archived