Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kilmer17s non confrontational election prediction-

Kilmer17

Wasn't something up with the Redskins game in 2004, like we should've won that game but a ref screwed up real bad and caused us to lose? I remember something like that because I remember Wilbon saying something like, "the Redskins really won that game. Bad ref call caused the loss." You can't make that argument today, unless you count that TD counting after the whistle lol.

Gore won the popular vote on 2000 and the supreme court decided for Bush so maybe they got it wrong, lol.

The stat is probably coincidental yet pretty convincing: Since 1940, in 17 of 18 games in which the Redskins won their final home game before the election, the incumbent party has won the White House. When they lose, the challenger wins the presidency http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57544564/will-redskins-game-determine-presidential-winner/

The stat is probably coincidental yet pretty convincing: Since 1940, in 17 of 18 games in which the Redskins won their final home game before the election, the incumbent party has won the White House. When they lose, the challenger wins the presidency http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57544564/will-redskins-game-determine-presidential-winner/

"probably" a coincidence? What else would it be? A direct cause?

It has been a very interesting happenstance, for sure. Even if Obama wins, I think it will still be trotted out in 2016, because 17 of 19 is still a pretty neat correlation.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/332461/ohio-counts-so-waits-nation-john-fund#

Cincinnati, Ohio — If the presidential election goes into “overtime” — if no winner is known on Wednesday morning after the election — the culprits may be procrastinating absentee voters in Ohio. If it goes on beyond that with no decision, it may be due to lawyers from both parties’ fighting trench warfare over individual ballots in a bloody recount. It could easily happen in other states, but the danger of an “overtime” election is perhaps greatest in Ohio.

I stand by my prediction. Tomorrow will be an early night, because we wont know for DAYS who has won.

I disagree with those that think it will be a long night, or a long few days, before we know a winner. While some states may be close, like Florida or Colorado, I think Obama will have won enough other states by at least 2-3 points that it won't matter.

I stand by my prediction. Tomorrow will be an early night, because we wont know for DAYS who has won.

...Unless Obama wins either CO or VA, or both, in which case it will already be over regardless of what OH looks like.

I'm ignoring things that look frankly unlikely IMO, like Romney winning Iowa/NH or Obama winning Florida (though Obama is less than half a point behind down there). Obama can win just one of CO/OH/VA and the election is basically over.

Not quite.

If he were to get VA, NH, IA, NV and WI then he wins without Ohio (or Colorado).

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/02/us/politics/paths-to-the-white-house.html

That's a good website to test out combinations with.

Well, he would still need Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania (or some other combination like that) but if he gets Iowa and Virginia, chances are he is getting those states too.

Well going by the FiveThirtyEight blog, it seems like Obama has a good chance in all the toss up states except Florida and NC.

Well going by the FiveThirtyEight blog, it seems like Obama has a good chance in all the toss up states except Florida and NC.

According to Nate Silver, Florida might not be in the bag for Romney. NC I say will go to Romney, but Florida is at a 55% chance of him winning the state. I bet Florida will go down to the wire.

Archived