Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Can't stand Tom Cruise...but it looked pretty cool.

This is what I say every friggin time I see a trailer for a Tom Cruise movie.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 12:14 PM ----------

Superman looks great.

~Bang

He's not bad, but I prefer Wonder Woman.

New Lone Ranger trailer.

http://www.ibtimes.com/lone-ranger-trailer-reveals-plot-disneys-latest-blockbuster-934458

I remember the last disaster, be interesting to see if this one makes it. Sure looks better than the one that launched the great career of Klinton Spilsbury (I'll always remember that name, even if that movie is the only place it's even been featured).

from that link:

So the cowboy dawns a mask and becomes the Lone Ranger, which is an ill-fitting title, being that Tonto appears to be his sidekick throughout the film.

I don't think whoever wrote that understands what "Lone Ranger" means. He was a Texas Ranger, the lone Texas Ranger to survive of eight that were attacked. The "Lone" part has nothing to do with Tonto.

Jack Reacher is hot fiyah.

Saw it tonight. Its an awesome old school action flick.

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 11:15 PM ----------

"Killing Them Softly" the new Brad Pitt movie in which he plays a hit man, looks very interesting.

~Bang

this had potential to be good, but an underwhelming script did them in, imo

• 2 weeks later...

Reacher really is good (I hate that guy), as I figured it would be.

I had heard some time back (and also think I read a remark on here somewhere) about this:

Quentin Tarantino Eyes Killer Crow as a Follow-up to Django Unchained

http://www.movieweb.com/news/quentin-tarantino-eyes-killer-crow-as-a-follow-up-to-django-unchained

If Quentin Tarantino has his way, Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained will serve as the first two films in a thematic trilogy, tied together by their revisionist roots in history. Today, the director has revealed new details about the third film in this series, which is tentatively titled Killer Crow.

Most of the screenplay is already written, and may serve as Quentin Tarantino's next project. The drama will follow a group of black soldiers who go AWOL during World War II. The story actually started out as a segment of Inglourious Basterds, way back when it was being envisioned as a television mini-series. If the movie moves forward, we can expect to see characters from Inglourious Basterds making a return to the screen.

Here is what Quentin Tarantino had to say about Killer Crow.

"My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f-ked over by the American military and kind of go apes-t. They basically - the way Lt. Aldo Raines (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an "Apache resistance" - [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland.

So that was always going to be part of it. And I was going to do it as a miniseries, and that was going to be one of the big storylines. When I decided to try to turn it into a movie, that was a section I had to take out to help tame my material. I have most of that written. It's ready to go; I just have to write the second half of it...That would be the third of the trilogy. It would be [connected to] Inglourious Basterds, too, because Inglourious Basterds are in it, but it is about the soldiers. It would be called Killer Crow or something like that."

As Quentin Tarantino likes to talk up many projects before choosing one to move forward on, its tough to tell if this will be his next project, or if his attention will be pulled elsewhere in the coming months. The director is planning a move to the small screen sometime in the near future.

He also still plans on a Kill Bill 3.

Edited by Jumbo

(I don't know how to post the actual trailer clip but if anyone would care to help, I'd appreciate it)

Not exactly a high budget film BUT my wife plays one of the principle characters, so there ya go. The film will be premiered locally on January 19th and then go out to theaters, churches and various youth organizations.

It was filmed in Va, W. Va and NJ and It's based on true events. What the heck, Erik Estrada is in it so it's gotta be good. I was mainly there for moral support during the filming but they say it's a faith based film along the lines of "Courageous" (never seen it, just telling you what they say....)

Name of the film is "Finding Faith" and link to the film website is:

http://findingfaithfilm.com/

Edited by stoshuaj

• 2 weeks later...

No preview available, but some exciting news...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/del-toro-to-try-mountains-of-madness-again-tom-cruise-still-attached/

guillermodeltoro-mountainsofmadness-art-tsr.jpg

It was a sad day when Universal pulled the plug on Guillermo del Toro's passion project film adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness in 2011. The Hellboy director went on to direct Pacific Rim instead (which hits theaters this year), but right before Ridley Scott's Prometheus came out, he said the similarities it shares with Lovecraft might kill any future attempt to bring At the Mountains of Madness to life. Thankfully, in a new interview with The Playlist, del Toro has changed his mind, and he also revealed that Tom Cruise is still attached to lead the project, which he hopes to get going again soon. More below!

When it was announced that the haunted house film Crimson Peak would be del Toro's next directorial effort (not to be confused with the Disney remake of The Haunted Mansion that's reportedly still in the works), we found out that the visionary director was hoping that Legendary Pictures might step up and finance/produce At the Mountains of Madness depending on the success of Pacific Rim. But in this new interview with The Playlist, he says that he's actually casting a wider net to search for a home for the film:

"I'm going to try it one more time. Once more into the dark abyss. We're gonna do a big presentation of the project again at the start of the year and see if any [studio's] interested...Yeah, Tom [Cruise] is still attached. I think it would be so fantastic to make it with him. He's been such a great ally of the project."

We're not going to get ahead of ourselves and get too excited for this just yet, but it's undoubtedly a good sign that del Toro has a new pitch ready and is giving studios another opportunity to get involved with this. Hopefully with the good buzz coming from Pacific Rim (another project that's huge in scope) and the consistent support from sites like ours that we actually do want to see At the Mountains of Madness, maybe someone will actually give the man a chance to direct his dream film and complete a movie he's been wanting to make for decades. And having Tom Cruise still on board throwing his weight around can't hurt.

Pacific Rim. This looks incredibly hit or miss. It can't have a worse story then the transformers saga though, or acting for that matter.

That movie looks ridiculous honestly, but it may end up being a poor man's Avatar or something similar. Either way, I will probably check it out at some point because Charlie Hunnam is in it which means at least one character will be well acted.

(I don't know how to post the actual trailer clip but if anyone would care to help, I'd appreciate it)

Not exactly a high budget film BUT my wife plays one of the principle characters, so there ya go. The film will be premiered locally on January 19th and then go out to theaters, churches and various youth organizations.

It was filmed in Va, W. Va and NJ and It's based on true events. What the heck, Erik Estrada is in it so it's gotta be good. I was mainly there for moral support during the filming but they say it's a faith based film along the lines of "Courageous" (never seen it, just telling you what they say....)

Name of the film is "Finding Faith" and link to the film website is:

http://findingfaithfilm.com/

Yep, he is friends with the owner of my company and one day I was walking through work and bang, Erik Estrada walks through the door in front of me. He was such a nice guy, really down to Earth. I got a picture with him and everything. My company is in Forest which is about 15 minutes away from Bedford where they were filming. It was a really cool experience.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Two more damn movies that look great, yet feature Tom Cruise. He is a bane on my theater-going existence. I can't stand the guy and he continuously makes movies I like.

OBLIVION

oblivioncruise_zps9d33f156.jpg

ALL YOU NEED IS KILL

allneedkillcruise_zps4e243c90.jpg

He also looks to have two more in the line--Van Helsing (I don't know if calling it a reboot of the Hugh Jackman bomb a few years ago is accurate) and MI5.

Edited by Jumbo

Just a heads-up on the Ah-nold flick---save your time. DVD at home when there's nothing else to do. Only a couple of good moments (if that) and the rest was so hard to buy so often (even when you suspend being critical knowing what you should expect) that it just wore the thing down. My prediction is out of all these major "old-guy action-star reborn" flicks, this will be the worst.

Comedy coming out this summer. Basically the whole Judd Apatow crew and Emma Watson.

Don't think there's a non redband...so NSFW - just language

(I can just link it if needs be)

<yeah, brother, I'm sorry but in fairness to rule 13 and all who have fallen :pfft: we need to go with a link there--it's a great clip, too :(>

Edited by Jumbo

EXCLUSIVE: Raw Leiba linked to Highlander remake, says Marvel's Black Panther movie awaiting rewrite

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2012/08/raw-leiba-rumoured-for-role-in-highlander-reboot-says-marvels-black-panther-awaiting-rewrite.html

ACTOR and stuntman Raw Leiba has been linked to Juan Carlos Fresnadillo's remake of cult classic Highlander.

Ryan Reynolds is set to star in the title role of immortal Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod, who battles others of his kind for the ultimate power and knowledge of The Prize.

Leiba is also expected to star as villain Erik Killmonger in Marvel Studios' planned Black Panther film, about an African prince who becomes a costumed crimefighter.

Leiba (pictured below alongside comic book art of Killmonger) says the Black Panther project is "going forward" and is awaiting Mark Bailey's rewrite of the screenplay. Marvel has not yet announced any release date or news on production.

<more at link inc.pics>

Thor sequel adds Lost star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje in dual villain role

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2012/08/adewale-akkinuoye-agbaje-cast-in-thor-the-dark-world-as-algrim-and-kurse.html

Variety reports that the actor - whose other credits include The Bourne Identity, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and The Thing - will play the dual role of Algrim and Kurse in Marvel's sequel Thor: The Dark World.

In the comics, Algrim the Strong is the mightiest of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim and is ordered by his ruler Malekith the Accursed - to be played by Christopher Eccleston - to destroy Thor. After sustaining injuries in a battle with the thunder god, he is transformed into the more powerful being Kurse.

Directed by Alan Taylor, Thor: The Dark World will reunite Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Idris Elba, Jaimie Alexander, Stellan Skarsgard, Rene Russo and Kat Dennings. It hits screens on November 8, 2013.

<more at link>

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm the only one on here that likes this series. Ok i'll admit the 1st one was bad in a good way, the 2nd was just plain bad, the 3rd was forgettable. However the 4th was solid, and I thought Fast5 was pretty darn good. It really got away from the corny street racing culture and focused more on the whole action/heist/car chase theme. It was like The Italian Job on steroids, and this one looks to be more of the same.

And then we have Pain and Gain, Michael Bay's latest. It looks like it will be more "Bad Boys" and less "Transformers" which is good.....I think? Either way I'm a Wahlberg fan, and shutting my brain off to see him and The Rock in an action flick can't be too bad. On another note, the movies is "based on a true story" (im guessing real loosley) I read parts of the MiamiNewTimes article that tells the story and it was quite a bizarre tale. I could see how this movie could be classified as a "Dark Comedy".