Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Carrey is one of the few people I've ever seen with the range of being absolutely hilarious yet taken seriously in a stone cold role.

Robin Williams and Jason Bateman come to mind, like polar opposite of what they known for and you'd believe every minute of it.

Folks like Kevin Hart and Ryan Reynolds could never pull that off, they can't help themselves doing at least one thing that reminds them of them in any role they do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Jim Carrey is one of the few people I've ever seen with the range of being absolutely hilarious yet taken seriously in a stone cold role.

Robin Williams and Jason Bateman come to mind, like polar opposite of what they known for and you'd believe every minute of it.

Folks like Kevin Hart and Ryan Reynolds could never pull that off, they can't help themselves doing at least one thing that reminds them of them in any role they do.

Michael Keaton.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Gary Oldman

Cate Blanchett

There are some phenomenal actors out there

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

^^^^^

I watched that trailer and had no idea what it was supposed to be about.  Just a bunch of transformers fighting.  Seemed like they were making the move as an excuse to make some cool looking animal shaped transformers.  

20 minutes ago, China said:

^^^^^

I watched that trailer and had no idea what it was supposed to be about.  Just a bunch of transformers fighting.  Seemed like they were making the move as an excuse to make some cool looking animal shaped transformers.  

There are beast war comic book series, games and a couple of series. The trilogy series was War For Cybertron 

Edited by Hersh

Just now, Hersh said:

There are beast war comic book series, games and a couple of series. 

Movie audiences aren't necessarily up to date on all the comic book lore.  Usually they try to make movies understandable for a general audience, not just the comic fans.

2 minutes ago, China said:

Movie audiences aren't necessarily up to date on all the comic book lore.  Usually they try to make movies understandable for a general audience, not just the comic fans.

True, but that's why I'm excited about this movie. It combines some original looks with some of the expanded transformers universe. I think this is setting up as a trilogy which will include Unicron at some point. 

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

True, but that's why I'm excited about this movie. It combines some original looks with some of the expanded transformers universe. I think this is setting up as a trilogy which will include Unicron at some point. 

I guess I should've stayed up with the movies after the third one, because apparently they may have a continuity problem if your theory holds:

Spoiler

The Last Knight "clarifies" that Unicron is the Earth in a dormant planetary form

Edited by Renegade7

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I guess I should've stayed up with the movies after the third one, because apparently they may have a continuity problem if your theory holds:

Hide contents

The Last Knight "clarifies" that Unicron is the Earth in a dormant planetary form

This is a sequel to the stand alone Bumblebee movie and doesn't reference or tie into the Michael Bay movies. Entirely different storyline. 

I love transformers and yet it was rough keeping up with those movies past the first couple. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/17/2022 at 9:47 PM, Renegade7 said:

That's a great observation. Someone who I've also enjoyed seeing transition from comedy to more mature roles is Steve Carell, even though none of the movies (at least that I've seen) have been truly "stone cold" or dark. He's played some very straight and serious roles and does them well. But, he always has a light-heartedness to him that reminds you of Michael Scott. Still, I enjoy seeing him not be the idiot because I think he's a great actor. 

Back to your point, Carrey and Bateman, along with the late Williams, are great examples. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1