Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Questions

Dont Taze Me Bro

Ok, so today I got an offer in the mail already for 2013 season tickets. I was on the waiting list for years, and this is actually my third offer as I first got offered back for the 2011 season, but due to me and the wife's jobs, declined the past two years as we would have to travel from Charlotte, NC.

Well, a buddy of mine is going into the venture with me and he is so pumped about RG3, he said, and I quote, "Buy the ****ing tickets next year, I'll pay you for 7 of the 8 games, you get Dallas." LOL

So anyhow, Im probably going to do it and split the season with him. I have a few questions though. The offer I get is one free ticket to one of the remaining home games/per season ticket purchased. And the $100 activation fee per ticket waived for first year buyers (which is about the same offer as last year except they offered tickets for concerts lol). So here goes:

1. My options only seem to be sideline/corner rows 1-15, sections 401-409, 419-436, 446-454; sideline/corner rows 16-29 (same sections); or End Zone rows 1-7, sections 410-418, 437-445. Which would be the best? I plan on getting 2-3 tickets (2 most likely) but I dont want to be way up in the back, so what are my chances of getting rows 1-15 sideline/corner or the End zone 1-7? Cause to be honest, I dont want to be at the top of the stadium.
  2. How good is the view from way up there? Is it worth the ticket price?
  3. How fast/how many seasons will it take to upgrade to lower seats?
  4. Do you get the option to upgrade every year?
  5. If you get nose bleed seats, do the ushers bust your balls if you move down to lower seats when nobody is there?
  6. Is there anyway to jump/leapfrog to purchasing season tickets for the lower levels?

I had 425 row 13 and its a pretty good view. It took me three years to get to the lower level end zone. I actually like the endzone view. If I had to start again I would do with club tix for 1 yr and move to LL there after (something I heard others do) This yr I was offered club level for $1750 per tix.

I had 425 row 13 and its a pretty good view. It took me three years to get to the lower level end zone. I actually like the endzone view. If I had to start again I would do with club tix for 1 yr and move to LL there after (something I heard others do) This yr I was offered club level for $1750 per tix.

Yeah, club tickets..........my wife would not allow that purchase lol. Its good to hear that its a good view from an actual holder. I got on Redskins.com, and it does that view option from each section and they all look good so I was a little hesitant to trust what I was seeing. Living in Charlotte, I go to Panthers games with my buddy sometimes, he has row 14 in the upper level and they are great seats, but that stadium only seats close to 74K, not 92K, so I was a little worried that the view might be horrible.

If you dont mind me asking, so you sat in the upper level for 3 years before they upgraded you to lower level seats (your 4th year?)? Did they offer upgrades to better upper level seats your 2nd and 3rd year? Or do they consider an upgrade only from upper to lower? Also, when you did get upgraded to the lower level, what section/row/seats did you get?

If your goal is to get to the lower level as quick as possible, you want to choose the lowest row and least desirable section so you can move down in your section as quickly as possible. Lower level upgrades typically start with people in the first five rows of the upper level. Sideline seats are the most popular which means upgrades down in your section will be slower. I would choose end zone seats as low as I could get. The end zone perspective is a good one and the HD screens compensate for the poor view when the teams are at the other end of the field. Sign up for the auto upgrade program asking to be upgraded lower in your section. After you get your tickets, email the ticket office to request a note be added to your account that when you are upgraded to the lower level, you want to be placed as close to the home sideline as possible. Just MHO.

How quickly you move just depends on seat turnover, your location, and your seniority as a STH.

Is it worth the ticket price?

Since you're asking for an opinion, my answer to your question is a big, fat, NO!

Some people around here get irked when I express this opinion bc there is a sense of pride that goes along with season ticket (ST) ownership, and I get that. I'm a third generation STHer myself. However, we're not living in 1985 anymore. Anybody can easily buy Redskins tickets today, unlike in the glory days at RFK when ST ownership was truly something special. ST ownership was once a bargain when compared to purchasing single games from street scalpers and sellers in the Wash Post classifieds, etc. However, times have changed for the better, and fans have far more options today.

Check Stubhub (SH) each day for the next 9 days leading up to the Carolina game. Compare the cost of single purchases to what you'd pay the Redskins for STs in comparable locations. Don't forget to include SH fees and preseason costs when weighing the value of the two options; SH vs. STs from the team.

The Redskins ticket office (TO) has offered single game tickets at face value for nearly every home game for the past 10 years. They often have lower level seating and parking passes available. Call the Redskins TO in weeks and days leading up to home games for prices and seat locations. 301 276-6050.

I know I don't need to tell you to consider your long commute for each game.

Mark the Homer has an amazing thread filled with everything you could ever want to know about FedEx Field including ticket options, upgrade policies and how to move down to the lower level w/out a wait.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?284017-The-Information-Index

Hopefully you can now make a better informed decision. Have a great time at the games!

Hail!

1. My options only seem to be sideline/corner rows 1-15, sections 401-409, 419-436, 446-454; sideline/corner rows 16-29 (same sections); or End Zone rows 1-7, sections 410-418, 437-445. Which would be the best? I plan on getting 2-3 tickets (2 most likely) but I dont want to be way up in the back, so what are my chances of getting rows 1-15 sideline/corner or the End zone 1-7? Cause to be honest, I dont want to be at the top of the stadium.

>> 454 and 401 are on the 50 and on the shady side of the field.

2.How good is the view from way up there? Is it worth the ticket price?

>> I am in row 23. My tickets are $70 per game per seat (that's 10 games - they MAKE you buy the preseason games which are pretty worthless). I like my seats, but some people say they are too high. Rows 1-15 are $87.

3.How fast/how many seasons will it take to upgrade to lower seats?

>> If this is your goal, then I agree with the poster who said get in the lowest row possible in the end zone or end zone corner.

4.Do you get the option to upgrade every year?

>>> Yes

5.If you get nose bleed seats, do the ushers bust your balls if you move down to lower seats when nobody is there?

>> Generally not has been my experience. Just be prepared to move if the real ticket holders show up.

6.Is there anyway to jump/leapfrog to purchasing season tickets for the lower levels?

>> Yes, join the over priced tailgate club or touchdown club and for a ton of $ you can skip over the unwashed masses to some nice lower level sideline seats. You can also get club seats and pick where you want to sit.

If you don't plan to go to at least 6 or 7 games a year, it is not worth it. You will get very little for your preseason tickets and probably face value or less for some of the lesser regular season games.

IMHO the "Is it worth it?" question depends on the individual. It's really a loaded question, everyone will have a say if it is or not. I don't recall what thread, but I think MTH evaluated the cost for season tickets and buying second hand for an entire season. If I recall correctly it was with in a couple hundred bucks. One thing to remember, if the Skins start doing well the price could be higher second hand or at least face value. If I sell my tickets(never a divisional game or opposing fan) I always sell at face value or lower. Some games I lose out, but it doesn't matter to me. I made a Skins fan happy and for that I will gladly eat 60 bucks or so. I am probably the exception, I have been to so many games there are only a few teams I haven't seen and those are also ones I won't part with.

...I don't recall what thread, but I think MTH evaluated the cost for season tickets and buying second hand for an entire season. If I recall correctly it was with in a couple hundred bucks. ...

Yes, good memory! I don't remember what thread either. I saved money on the aftermarket, but the big thing in my view is that I'm able to sit in significantly better seats. It's really not so much about the money. Of course, I do have the advantage of experience - I know where and when to buy. Consider though, the Stadium is smaller now. They've removed 9-10 thousand seats the last two years. And, of course, we have RGIII now. But so far this year, prices are fairly close to what I'd expect - maybe a touch higher.

Click on my sig for more info if you want. Scroll down to Tickets.

Archived