70th Week

On now.........

All about "we" and not "me"

Not happy about wins and losses..

Giants pumping him up...

Osi giving props..

RG3 respects Giants..

RG3 can't explain Cam's dropoff...

RG3 stays prepared week in and week out...

His favorite moment has been the "run"..but likes watching Morris and whole team develop..

Favorite pair of socks are the Scooby-Doo ones, lol...

Trey says other teams are like villians in Scooby-Doo, "and we would have got a win if it weren't for that pesky kid!!"

interview over.

Great interview, I'm so tired of the Cam comparisons, RGIII is twice the man Cam is, and so much more accurate. The Steve Young comparison is fine but Steve could not run like RGIII. People love to compare but I don't think we've seen anyone like him in the league before.

And what I mean by "twice the man' is a better team mate, decent person, team first.

I'm glad my 7 year old has a man to look up to that I don't have to worry about what they say or do.

There's no accurate comparison for rg3, because the nfl has never seen this combination of skills in a player before. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he could perform at this level his rookie year. Watching him play is a blessing to us all.

Couldn't agree more. I have been very enthused and impressed from the beginning, but have refrained from tempting exaggerations or making over-the-top hyperbole, especially in premature manner.

But I recently posted that at this point I am very comfortable saying that I have not seen a rookie QB as completely skilled as he is, ever---and throwing "rookie" in there as a qualifier is quickly becoming less necessary. :).

There's no accurate comparison for rg3, because the nfl has never seen this combination of skills in a player before. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he could perform at this level his rookie year. Watching him play is a blessing to us all.

Perfectly said. The guy is a trailblazer and the first of his kind provided he doesnt drop off (not a chance). There simply is no comparison at this time.

Couldn't agree more. I have been very enthused and impressed from the beginning, but have refrained from tempting exaggerations or making over-the-top hyperbole, especially in premature manner.

But I recently posted that at this point I am very comfortable saying that I have not seen a rookie QB as completely skilled as he is, ever---and throwing "rookie" in there as a qualifier is quickly becoming less necessary. :).

I couldn't agree more. He was on a live interview with Chris McKendry this morning on ESPN, in the same clothes as this afternoon with Trey Wingo. Every time I hear him speak, I feel even more confident. He is one seriously intelligent young man with a very bright future, hopefully all with the Redskins!

Hail!! (And your bean/cheese dip was just as good as advertised! Thanks again!)

The problem is everyone is trying to compare him to other running QBs, but the difference is, regardless of how fast and elusive he is, it is his passing ability that helps make his huge runs possible.

Also, I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning, and a good point brought up was that RGIII's pocket awareness is already ahead of a guy like Mike Vick's and Vick is in his 30's,

RGIII doesn't take off out of the pocket and head for the hills the split second trouble starts brewing the way Vick does. When Vick drops back and there is any hint of pressure, everything suddenly turns to chaos. On the contrary, when RGIII drops back, he seems to want to go for the pass play until it is certain it can't be made, and then does what he has to do to make a positive play.

Also, his big arm is often talked about, but what has been overlooked is his touch, accuracy and ability to read defenses already. He often finds the open man and takes what the defense is giving him

It's obvious the way Defenses are being called against him, that his big arm is #1 on the resume. However, RGIII constantly makes the throws that guys like Vick & McNabb were one-hopping to their team mates.

Actually I generally find it more necessary to mention he is a rookie only to help explain why I am so in awe after watching him do what he's done.

i have a feeling we're witnessing a Michael Jordan-like athlete before our eyes. its still somewhat unbelievable, because we've been starving for a franchise QB for 20 years. But this young man is performing beyond the hype at this point of his career. (Brady, Breese, both Mannings, Rogers...etc) I don't want any other QB on my squad but RG3, i don't care what anyone says!!

As I've recently been stating, the only piece he's missing from, well, near-perfection (including off-the-field behavior---it's all so unreal), is the long ball. That happens (hopefully more when Garcon returns), it's really gonna be hard to act normal about him.

The problem is everyone is trying to compare him to other running QBs, but the difference is, regardless of how fast and elusive he is, it is his passing ability that helps make his huge runs possible.

Also, I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning, and a good point brought up was that RGIII's pocket awareness is already ahead of a guy like Mike Vick's and Vick is in his 30's,

the scary thing about RG3 is that, he is just a ROOKIE. Which means that he can and WILL only get better. This is why i say that he's like a young MJ of football. What he's doing to the league is simply unbelievable.

As I've recently been stating, the only piece he's missing from, well, near-perfection (including off-the-field behavior---it's all so unreal), is the long ball. That happens (hopefully more when Garcon returns), it's really gonna be hard to act normal about him.

I mean at Baylor that was the best part of his game. So far, the playcalling has limited his deep balls, but once they are unleashed, wow. It's going to be scary

Archived