Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: RG3 doesn't have a rookie's mindset

Hitman21ST

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8541845/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-qb-rookie-mindset

The Washington Redskins quarterback told The Associated Press on Tuesday that it's not in his plans to take his time to help make the team into a winner.

Griffin says there "are guys on this team that don't have three, four years to wait for me to develop, and continue to use the excuse that I'm a young quarterback."

Not much more can be said, but every week he does something to make me like him more.

I just got done reading this while i was on espn bout 30 mins ago. The kid has the mindset of a veteran and i just love it. He's a true leader in everyway possiable and man i'm beyond glad we got Griff. Not only is he both gifted with speed and a arm and Accuracey. He speaks the truth and i think just alone on his mindset thats dangerous for any team we face.

It's people like Griff and Lorenzo Alexander and Fletcher that you wish every player on your team could be similar too.

I have to admit that I wasn't in favor of the trade that moved us up to draft him. Between the lost picks and cap hit, we will feel the pain for a few seasons. That said, this guys has been something special so far. I honestly have to constantly remind myself that he has played a total of seven NFL games. There will be mistakes, to be sure, but wow, I am amazed with this kid, both professionally and personally.

If he keeps on, I may admit that he is worth the picks we gave up. :)

Sadly he doesn't have a defense either.

Yeah, sad but true. I hope he doesn't end up w/ a Sonny-esque career, that is, not winning despite HOF career because the supporting cast just isn't there. Given Shaany's propensity to select mediocre coaches/talent on the other side of the ball is cause for concern.

Sadly he doesn't have a defense either.

I don't know man ... Eli had the 27th ranked D last year, Brady had the 31st, Rogers had the 32nd ... . JAX was 5th overall ...

Defense is no longer an excuse for a bad record in this NFL ... Not having a QB is ...

If he keeps on, I may admit that he is worth the picks we gave up. :)

Look at any teams first round picks and at least 1 in 3 is going to bust and sometimes 2 or all 3 bust. We gave up 3 firsts. IMO RG3 is worth 2 NFL starters easy any day, even if we'd have picked top 15 these next 2 years.

Is he worth Landry, Orakpo, and Jason Campbell? lol. Or is he worth Kerrigan, Orakpo, and our 2 bust WR's from 2008?

IMO you can get a decent pass rushing LB or a decent safety in FA, same with a WR, but nobody is going to give up a player like RG3 and we got him as a rookie.

What's going to hurt us for another year is that Cap penalty BS more than those 2 first rounders we gave up.

Look at any teams first round picks and at least 1 in 3 is going to bust and sometimes 2 or all 3 bust. We gave up 3 firsts. IMO RG3 is worth 2 NFL starters easy any day, even if we'd have picked top 15 these next 2 years.

Is he worth Landry, Orakpo, and Jason Campbell? lol. Or is he worth Kerrigan, Orakpo, and our 2 bust WR's from 2008?

IMO you can get a decent pass rushing LB or a decent safety in FA, same with a WR, but nobody is going to give up a player like RG3 and we got him as a rookie.

What's going to hurt us for another year is that Cap penalty BS more than those 2 first rounders we gave up.

I think either of the issues could have been overcome, but both the cap hit AND the trade of picks is a butt kicker. We're going to need some luck and diamonds in rough in the next draft to contend quickly.

I can say this.

I never participated much in the pre-draft RG3 threads.

Frankly, i don;'t watch a whole lot of college ball, and read and learned more than commented.

That said, I acepted him with an "OK, show me" attitude, fully aware he's going to likely be good, and he's likely going to stumble a bit on the way.

well, no stumbles yet, and as far as showing me, I have NEVER been more impressed with a young player. Ever.

In every possible phase... his skill is eye popping.

His head for the game is astounding in a player so young. If i didn't know he was a rookie, i'd never ever guess.

His demeanor is outstanding. he's cool under fire,he's a hell of a competitor, and he has yet to show me even the slightest bit of immaturity,, or even maturity at a level comensurate with his age and rookie status.

He's ridiculously intelligent and articulates his thoughts like a professional speaker. You never hear an answerr from him on any aspect of the game in his postgame pressers in which he is not 100% fully capable of explaining himself and the situation. (Sounds simple,, but listen to other players. not just speech,, but in the ability to communicate the ideas clearly. He's as polished as if he's born to the public eye.)

Dead serious. I've never been this impressed with a young player before.

And more than as a player.. as a young man, he seems to be faultless.

Impossible, I know,, but damn if I've seen a bit of tarnish on him yet.

I am SO glad he's a member of this team and our community.

If i had a daughter, i'd be throwing her at him.

~Bang

well, no stumbles yet, and as far as showing me, I have NEVER been more impressed with a young player. Ever.

In every possible phase... his skill is eye popping.

His head for the game is astounding in a player so young. If i didn't know he was a rookie, i'd never ever guess.

His demeanor is outstanding. he's cool under fire,he's a hell of a competitor, and he has yet to show me even the slightest bit of immaturity,, or even maturity at a level comensurate with his age and rookie status.

He's ridiculously intelligent and articulates his thoughts like a professional speaker. You never hear an answerr from him on any aspect of the game in his postgame pressers in which he is not 100% fully capable of explaining himself and the situation. (Sounds simple,, but listen to other players. not just speech,, but in the ability to communicate the ideas clearly. He's as polished as if he's born to the public eye.)

Dead serious. I've never been this impressed with a young player before.

And more than as a player.. as a young man, he seems to be faultless.

Impossible, I know,, but damn if I've seen a bit of tarnish on him yet.

Yeah it's like others have said before, he could be the NFL's equivalent to Wayne Gretsky or Michael Jordan. I don't remember another NFL player that had it all together in one package like RG3, maybe Jerry Rice but he was a WR, and he wasn't the most "talented" ever at his position either. It's like having the best of Steve Young, Darrell Green, and Jerry Rice all in one player at the most important position on the field.

I'm a Giants fan, but after watching Sunday's game, I have to say that the Redskins finally got their qb. He's got incredible talent, brains and character, too. I don't look forward to the Giants having to face him twice a year, but I guess Redskins fans are due.

True. I will never forget at the draft day party, when Robert was on stage my buddy started screaming R-G-2! R-G-2! until he turned around and looked and my buddy yelled "you're the man!". He smiled and waved back. It was awesome. Great family.

Thart's great! give him a handshake for me on that one.

~Bang

I don't know man ... Eli had the 27th ranked D last year, Brady had the 31st, Rogers had the 32nd ... . JAX was 5th overall ...

Defense is no longer an excuse for a bad record in this NFL ... Not having a QB is ...

Redskins defense is worse than bad. It's historic. The pass defense is on pace to be the worst in NFL history and the skins are on pace to surrender the most points in redskins history. I don't think skins fans realize just how bad it is.

If it keeps up and Haslett remains, Dan Snyder may have to choke a *****.

Redskins defense is worse than bad. It's historic. The pass defense is on pace to be the worst in NFL history and the skins are on pace to surrender the most points in redskins history. I don't think skins fans realize just how bad it is.

If it keeps up and Haslett remains, Dan Snyder may have to choke a *****.

Yep, you are right, i didnt know they were that damn bad... Ouch. :ols:

---------- Post added October-23rd-2012 at 07:38 PM ----------

God.. How insane was the pass that got called back this last game? Unreal the zip that had.

Thats a great point because we are going to start winning some games. I still think we end up fighting for this division come December.

Archived