Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins / Giants Prediction Thread : Glass Houses and Rocks

skins island connection

If Rex can go there and win then I am confident that RG3 can win this game. I look at the Giants and see a better team but the Redskins can surprise them. You have to note that when it comes to division games, home-field, better team, and records do not matter. I don't expect much from this game so a victory will be massive. If we win this game then we will be set for great things this season.

With that said, I am going with my heart on this one Redskins 27 Giants 24 (With Kai kicking the game winning FG).

You and I should grab a beer. This is exactly how I feel. If we get a win from this road trip against two very good teams, then it's a bonus. We definitely have the offense to threaten each team, but I just don't think we are there yet to suggest we should win. I would love a win. But I am perfectly content with 4-5 at the bye week.

If we could somehow sneak a win, and still beat the Panthers...going into bye at 5-4 would be even better. The 2nd half schedule is daunting, to say the least. 5 of 7 games against NFC East...

I think we lose to the Giants, we beat Pittsburgh (yes, they are not that strong this year-getting old and injured) and we beat the Panthers and finish 5-4 going into the bye.

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 11:20 AM ----------

man, those are great points, but here is one that really sticks out to me ...

Coughlin.

There is a reason why he has beaten the Pats and Belicheat on the worlds biggest stage TWICE.

He gameplans his ass off ... be prepared ya'll ... for RG3 to have a real, real bad game. Not saying its a lock, but be prepared.

I think Monday headlines will say , Coughlin and the Giants show blueprint for stopping RG3.

Giants 27

Skins 14

That may be, but it seems that Shanahan has Coughlin's number the past couple of years. I think we gameplan offensively and defensively very well against them. I'm not saying we'll win, but sometimes one coach has another coaches number, much like Coughling beats Belichick all the time.

I wish we had Garcon for this game.. we really need him.

The Giants are going to try to contain RGIII and spy him, which is fine, but we need our best recieving weapons out there if that's the case.

if they are spying him.. someone will be open.

that said...

30-27 Skins... we kick a game winning field goal with seconds left

I'm aware how negative this sounds but its just the recent history of this team.

IF we find a way to win this game we are seriously relevant. Our signal caller is a neophyte. To expect him to get SIGNIFICANTLY better is wholly reasonable. That he has been this incredible through the first 6 games is wonderful but by no means does it cap him at this level. In other words, we should absolutely expect him to be MORE electrifying as the year goes on, not less.

If we win this game in NY in week 7 of the season knowing the above, we have a REAL chance at the playoffs. This game is not like last year's two wins against the gnats. Those were "pride" games insofar as we knew we were going nowhhere and we beat a team we shouldn't have on paper. This game is VERY different. This game is last year's monday night game against Dallas. Its an opportunity to say "we are different". This game is Philly on Monday night a few years ago when we had the fight before kickoff and went on to get humiliated. IF we found a way to win THAT game, our history would have been different.

THIS is a game that if we were to win it, the Shannahan regime gets legitimized maybe for the first time in the tenure. The confidence of the team is completely overhauled if we win this game. We go into Pittsburgh next week probably a 2.5 pt dog instead of a 6.5 pt dog. We win this week and we are probably not only tied for first in the east at the end of the game but probably going into our bye as well.

We win this game and looking down the road at games like Baltimore and philly twice and of course the cowgirls has a completely different tint to them.

Put plainly, if we win this game we have arrived.

Unfortunately, we have not arrived yet. We find a way to lose this game and probably badly. Our history tells us that this game is not our coming out party but our reality check. We have an amazingly talented quarterback. This weekend we are matched up against an amazingly talented team. I expect the world to see the difference clearly between those two things at the end of this game. My God, I hope I am wrong so much you have no idea but:

Giants 31

Skins 17

Weird game to predict. Both teams coming off big wins. Typically the Giants play badly once everyone starting talking about them again, and typically when we get momentum going, we have a setback. We beat Giants twice last year, but they seem to be better than last year, but we also have a much different offensive attack. They've already lost 2 NFCE games and we haven't played one. We're better on the road, they're worse at home. They've got a few guys injured as do we. Endless variables.

Think we fall behind early, mount a comeback, but its not enough. 27-20 Giants.

Did anyone forget that before we beat the Vikings, we had the undefeated Falcons on the ropes before RG3 got hurt? The Redskins are far from being a bad team. That being said, this will be a good game and with Giants coming off an emotional win against a good 49ers team, they will fall short against the Redskins. The Redskins also play better at away games. As usual with NFCE divisional games, the final result will be determined within the final seconds of the 4th quarter or in OT.

Redskins 24

Giants 21

Sweetest revenge on the Giants ever would be to win the Superbowl in Metlife stadium in 2014.

Until then I'll settle for a couple wins. You can bet, given the chance, the Redskins won't hesitate to run up the score.

that would be sweet wouldn't it?

This could be an ugly blowout . . . but we tend to stay competitive in every game.

I think we keep it close until the last 8 mins. NYG open up a 2 TD lead. Game ends 38 - 24.

1) I think the Giants are currently the best team in the NFL.

2) I don't remember the last time the Skins put together back-to-back impressive wins.

Redskins 74, Giants 3.

There will massive celebrations in the streets with large quantities of adult beverages when this prediction hits finally.

Redskins 77

Vagiants 0

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 08:52 PM ----------

Grossman gets the start and throws a couple TDs. Kerrigan turns a deflected pass into a pick-6. We win 28-14.

I see what you did there. :)

I was fortunate to be at that game, that & this last game are easily my favorite FedEx memories...

I see what you did there. :)

I was fortunate to be at that game, that & this last game are easily my favorite FedEx memories...

Those would have been great games to attend! My best FedEx game was the 2005 Cowboy game...ridiculous atmosphere and result!

As a kid I went to a couple games at RFK, but they were inter conference games (Miami, NY Jets) since you didn't just get tickets back then. I remember I attended the first game after the labor issue was resolved in 1987. Coming off a 3-0 scab run our boys were trailing the Jets 16-7 in the second half before rallying for the 17-16 W!

Did anyone forget that before we beat the Vikings, we had the undefeated Falcons on the ropes before RG3 got hurt? The Redskins are far from being a bad team. That being said, this will be a good game and with Giants coming off an emotional win against a good 49ers team, they will fall short against the Redskins. The Redskins also play better at away games. As usual with NFCE divisional games, the final result will be determined within the final seconds of the 4th quarter or in OT.

Redskins 24

Giants 21

Well, the thing with the Vikings is their QB not being that good, not to mention they basically have 1 very good receiver, and the Falcons, well, they're IMO over-rated, and I'd almost put money down they don't make the NFCC game they're a hollow team with a big disappointment coming.

The Giants have more than 1 good WR, a front 4 that can and probably will wreak havoc on our O-line. Question for me is, do the Skins play a 3 rec. set w/ Morris as a single back, with a hot read almost every down? The only way to beat the Giants on the line is with quick release passes, which will require our WR's to look the ball in; something they tend to get away from.

But I do expect a slobber-knocking game out of it, no blowouts or dominations. We're a good 1st half team, and they're a good 2nd half team; it will be interesting and exciting...

SIC

man, those are great points, but here is one that really sticks out to me ...

Coughlin.

There is a reason why he has beaten the Pats and Belicheat on the worlds biggest stage TWICE.

He gameplans his ass off ... be prepared ya'll ... for RG3 to have a real, real bad game. Not saying its a lock, but be prepared.

I think Monday headlines will say , Coughlin and the Giants show blueprint for stopping RG3.

Giants 27

Skins 14

coughlin is such a great game planner that he let Rex Grossman beat him handily twice...

sorry I don't buy it.

The giants beat the Pats twice due to 1 lucky play...

Yeah, I'm willing to give Coughlin and Eli all the credit in the world for putting on two great Superbowl/postseason performances, but the truth is that they can be as Helter Skelter as anyone in the league. during the regular season.

Alex Smith doesn't scare anyone, and the 49ers are very one dimensional. Without the threat of the pass, they can tee off. Every defense has to be cautious when they play us, becuae of our versatility. It'll slow them down. And I think the Vikings have a better run defense than the Giants. Kind of like how I felt before the Falcons game, this game will be won or lost on the defensive side of the ball.

Archived