Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McClatchyDC.com: The Kochs' Quest to Save America

Fergasun

McClatchyDC.com: The Koch's Quest to Save America

WICHITA, Kansas — In January 2009, just days after the inauguration of President Barack Obama, Charles and David Koch met in their company headquarters in Wichita with their longtime political strategist, Rich Fink. The country was headed toward bankruptcy, they agreed. Fink told them bluntly that Obama’s administration represented the worst of what Charles and David fear most: a bloated, regulation-heavy, free-spending government that could plunge the country into another deep recession. That day, Fink advised two of the richest men in the nation that it would be the fight of their lives to stop the government spending spree and to change the course of the country, starting with the 2012 election.
Charles Koch said he would prefer not to get involved in politics. “I look at those activities as defensive,” he said. “That is, we need to preserve enough liberty and enough of a market economy so people can speak out and have independent resources to provide diverse opinions, and try to put some limits on the growth and intrusiveness of government.”
This is an interesting article. If they had these views for the past 20-30 years, they are failing miserably at advocating for them. On the other hand if they continue to push Rand Paul-like candidates into the GOP... I would welcome it.

The Koch Bros. are complaining about corporate cronyism? Bwahahahah. That's like Jenna Jameson complaining about unchaste women.

What I liked was the claim that the day after Obama took office, they were terrified at the thought that Obama would plunge the nation into a recession.

Yep, another symptom of revisionist history as to how exactly we got into this mess. It is Obama-delusion syndrome. Everything was FANTASTIC until Obama's inauguration...yep, fine and dandy, no cause for secret meetings in headquarters.....

I knew this was going to happen when he got elected, lol.

30 years of trends and financial mistakes were going to fall on his footsteps. :ols:

I knew this was going to happen when he got elected, lol.

30 years of trends and financial mistakes were going to fall on his footsteps. :ols:

And just as the economy is starting an upswing, Romney will defeat Obama and get to take credit for the strong economy all the way to a second term. Of course all the while implementing the same **** policies that Reagan, Bush, and these Koch *******s are trying to shove down our throats.

Archived