Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC's "Revolution" Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I've been watching the show but I told my wife I really like the plot (cause I like apocolypse type shows and movies) but the acting stinks and the writing is even worse. It feels like an 80's show in the way it is cheesily produced and it is painfully predictable. Every time something happens I saw it coming.

It is so full of cliches too. Ya got your computer geek smart guy your attractive female who can also kick Ass, then you got your superhero ninja warrior, plus there's the evil arch nemesis. It's got my attention just enough to watch but doesn't hold a candle to the walking dead, game of thrones or sons of anarchy.

I'm watching, I like these kinds of shows. I record it and watch w/out commercials. I wouldn't watch otherwise.

I do the same thing. I don't watch anything with commercials anymore.

I've been saying for a while now that I honestly believe that the people who pay for advertisements know this and aren't going to put up with it forever.

I was watching something off of on demand a month ago and you couldn't fast forward through the commercials, I will not be the least bit surprised if they make it so you can't fast forward through commercials on anything.

I have a feeling there trying to figure out a way to do it with as little backlash as possible.

The kids, Charlie and Danny, are terrible actors. The Charlie girl pretty much has the same facial expression in every shot. The Nate guy isn't much better either. But the adults are all pretty solid. Giancarlo Esposito, who plays Captain Neville, is a beast.

Reg. the plot, it is kind of silly. I'm honestly more interested in the whole post apocalyptic world after the blackout then what caused the blackout itself. I do think they're moving things a bit too fast though. Charlie's mother being alive was revealed too early, and Maggie's death would have been more impactful if it was done later after more character development.

The show is alright though. I don't love it but I don't think it's awful. It's got some weak spots for sure, but at least it's something unique on TV as opposed to another boring ass procedural. From what I've read the ratings have been pretty solid so far too, but if I had to guess based on recent history it'll end up being 1 and done like The Event, FlashForward, Terra Nova etc.

I love the concept of the show, and hate that they seemingly tried to piggyback too much on Hunger Games.

To me, they missed the boat entirely by skipping ahead 15 years from the "event". I wanted to see more depth in their respective survival stories leading up to their status quo.

Its much closer to a book called "Dies the Fire" than Hunger Games to me.

Other than that, its been one that is safe to watch with my kids here and there when I can get Boxee to work ok.

The kids, Charlie and Danny, are terrible actors. The Charlie girl pretty much has the same facial expression in every shot. The Nate guy isn't much better either. But the adults are all pretty solid. Giancarlo Esposito, who plays Captain Neville, is a beast.

Reg. the plot, it is kind of silly. I'm honestly more interested in the whole post apocalyptic world after the blackout then what caused the blackout itself. I do think they're moving things a bit too fast though. Charlie's mother being alive was revealed too early, and Maggie's death would have been more impactful if it was done later after more character development.

The show is alright though. I don't love it but I don't think it's awful. It's got some weak spots for sure, but at least it's something unique on TV as opposed to another boring ass procedural. From what I've read the ratings have been pretty solid so far too, but if I had to guess based on recent history it'll end up being 1 and done like The Event, FlashForward, Terra Nova etc.

I was really hoping another network would pick up Terra Nova. It was just starting to get interesting, then bam.

Same with the Event.

I think the show is getting better. My girlfriend has a hard time watching it due to the acting.

Stoked to learn more about the blackout

Yeah I didn't like the acting starting out, though the story is good. The uncle has started doing better, but the lead actress is typically sub par. If it wasn't for the good job they do on the story I would have given up on the show early. Now at least most of the actors have become tolerable, though the lead actress always seems to have a very annoying and out of place look on her face.

This is kinda how I feel as well. The acting is pretty bad, especially the lady who plays Charlie.

This show isn't bad. I was really looking forward to it after hearing the premise. The way they are doing the character build up is very close to the way they did Heroes in Season 1. I loved that season of Heroes, so that is really what is keeping me interested in this show. The acting and story are actually very low quality right now. I agree with the sentiments of a few others here, I wish they hadn't jumped so far ahead in time from the blackout.

Been watching so far, I enjoy it.

Just funny how I'm so spoiled by shows like Walking Dead and Boardwalk empire, they have so much more freedom with language, violence and gore. Forgot how weaksauce network action shows are. With all the sword choppin' in this show, there's no blood or severed body parts. :(

the main character daughter chick has the most beautiful eyes....sweet mary she's hot. so was the british chick.

To me, they missed the boat entirely by skipping ahead 15 years from the "event". I wanted to see more depth in their respective survival stories leading up to their status quo.

I completely agree. I do watch, and kind of enjoy, but would love to see the story begin with the blackout and follow the events from that point on.

I completely agree. I do watch, and kind of enjoy, but would love to see the story begin with the blackout and follow the events from that point on.

By moving up 15 years, they can tell a story that will grab most viewers quickly and have an end game ready to go. If the show is picked up, they can then slow down the tempo with 15 years of flashbacks and not have to add the meaningless filler like Lost or create multiple plot holes of the sort found in Heroes.

This may be completely obsolete for those of you who have watched several epeisodes but here goes.

I just started wading through the pilot. Not finished and maybe won't finish it. But this thought comes to mind just from what I've seen in the first show - Maybe the good guys (or protagonists) are actually the bad guys when it comes right down to it. Indications are that they have the answer to ending the blackout and possibly they (or The now dead father) was involved in causing it (In which case it makes him the worst mass murderer in history). The Brother/Uncle alludes to the fear that Monroe would be able to deploy advance weapons if he could get a hold of the thumb drive. In a situation like that the #1 goal should be to end the black out as that is the base cause of this new Dark age - Doesn't really matter who would be able to take advantage of it because as long as there is a blackout barbarism and tyranny will rule the day.

For anyone who's interesting, this is a map of the former United States post blackout.

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/10/17/Revolution-map-of-US_1500x844.jpg

Canada FTW :ols:

I liked the last episode though. Probably the best episode yet. I do agree that the "twist" reg. Nate was predictable, but the show is getting better. Too bad the chick who plays Charlie is an awful actress.

Like LOST, It seems like they will be explaining it through weekly flashbacks.

I think it's a solid show.

Plus, LAPIDUS!!!! If they would throw in a Drive Shaft CD in a flashback it would be awesome.

For anyone who's interesting, this is a map of the former United States post blackout.

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/10/17/Revolution-map-of-US_1500x844.jpg

Wonder what the country "Wasteland" is like? :ols:

I guess they didn't mess with Texas.

I can't wait to see how the Monroe Republic became that,

Good thing this show is actually doing good in the ratings.

There's a couple of new shows I am watching that will be canceled soon or only last a season.

Archived