Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

The views of this poster should be avoided at ALL costs.

We've tried to censor his nonsense, but he somehow keeps bouncing back.

Ignore him and his anti-Landry agenda!

Hail.

Did he say something ridiculous again? All I can see is "This message is hidden because KDawg is on your ignore list."

;):ols:

Logan Thomas all the way. From Lynchburg and my high school Brookville to my beloved VT, had we not drafted RG3 I would be spazzing out at the possibility of being a Redskin. Though, honestly I hope he stays for his senior year then goes to a decent NFL team.

As for us, gotta go OL in the second unless a stud S or CB falls from the first round.

I'd like to see us give a long look at Jonathan Cooper, Brennan Williams, and James Hurst, all OL out of UNC. If Hurst comes out, I think maybe he goes first round. They are all very athletic and big. I think Cooper and Hurst will be long time starters in the league.

I like Cooper but the notion from some he's one of the top OL in the class is kinda crazy. A solid 2nd round value because of his talent and moving to a ZBS scheme

I like Cooper but the notion from some he's one of the top OL in the class is kinda crazy. A solid 2nd round value because of his talent and moving to a ZBS scheme

I agree that he is a second round value. I know we don't have a 1st rounder. I just saw that CBS has Williams going in the first couple of rounds and Hurst in the 5th. That's crazy to me. Williams has better measurables, but I think Hurst is the better football player. That kid is a flat out stud.

And just because I am a UNC fan, doesn't make me a big time homer in terms of the draft. I just feel more comfortable evaluating guys that I get to see play more often. All these kids can play.

I agree that he is a second round value. I know we don't have a 1st rounder. I just saw that CBS has Williams going in the first couple of rounds and Hurst in the 5th. That's crazy to me. Williams has better measurables, but I think Hurst is the better football player. That kid is a flat out stud.

And just because I am a UNC fan, doesn't make me a big time homer in terms of the draft. I just feel more comfortable evaluating guys that I get to see play more often. All these kids can play.

Totally understand with you, I'm the same with JMU football. We have one player who I'm really hoping we can draft and his name is Earl Watford the LG. Earl is one heck of a talent and will be drafted by the 4th round at the latest by what I've already heard and according to some even higher than that

Offensive tackle, RT, needs to get figured out. It would be nice if that occurred with the current roster.

And we all know about the secondary – safety specific.

I'd image a hard look will be taken with that first selection of the 2nd round at both units.

However, I wouldn't put it so far out of my mind that the best available offensive lineman could be selected there (something other than tackle), even though RT seems to be an area of distinct focus / concern - especially by us fans.

What I mean to say is that I'd expect a decent run on tackle in the 1st round, perhaps leaving a slight dearth of good tackle lineman in the 2nd, creating perhaps a supply at the center or guard spot in the 2nd. (read later Holmes).

The free agency watchlist, limited by the Mara ponzi scheme.

- Ryan Clady

- Brandon Albert

I just don't seriously consider free agency a viable means for many starters due to the limitation of funds, especially Clady since of course Williams holds down the LT spot. But wouldn't that be something IF the 2013 offseason topic of discussion was an open competition between Clady and Williams for the premiere tackle spot with the runnner-up relegated to the right side (?)

Not likely though (one can dream). Before Duane Brown signed his contract, I was anxious about whether he'd make it to FA in 2013 - ha, I guess not.

Joeckel is the top tackle to me, better than Matthews all around (more athletic). He looks like a straight throwback to the 80s, like Steve Wisniewski (elder), anatomically speaking. All jumbo arms and defined muscular build, just that kind-of 80s build from their brand of "protein."

Lewan is very athletic, talented and long. He's next in line when talking about zone blocking.

I don't expect either to be around in the 2nd. Then Matthews. One could only hope that one of those guys slide a bit based on something superficial, not detrimental injury of course.

I haven't watched Thomas from Tenn yet. I do agree that Lane Johnson is underrated. But I'd say his role is at RT.

I just wonder if shanahan will find a way to get into the 1st next year. Maybe trading a chip to get up there, in order to land a specific prospect. It will be interesting.

(From earlier):

I'd probably jump at an opportunity to draft Kalhed Holmes in the 2nd round. As he is listed there currently by cbs and draft scout. Though I feel that's optimistic. I honestly feel that is an under appreciation in some way because it seems increasingly that teams will spend a 1st round selection on a solid center, not to mention the top guy of the class.

He could easily have as significant an impact as someone like Stephan Wisniewski, (Wiz II), with the Raiders. Talented enough to play guard right away (and almost necessary because of his talent) while Monty transitions out, likewise, just a step away from playing Center and being the longterm solution there. KH again another ideal for the zone schemes.

On a sidenote, I tend to like Barrett Jones more as an interior guy, guard or center in the NFL as opposed to a tackle. On that thread on Bama lineman (just thinking out loud) I wonder if Fluker has the ability to cut weight and maybe drop close to 300. That would be interesting to me.

A sleeper there is Xavier Nixon, more interior – imo.

Another offensive player that I know is an ideal fit schematically as well as a player seemingly underrated time and again is Ryan Swope. I'd select him in the 2nd round based on his talent. If he lasts anywhere beyond that, wasn't selected because another BPA just got in the way, I'd want to get a hold of him right away. CBS calls him rounds "3 to 4," no way. It's like people forget the video, the multiple times he took a crossing route to the house or a sideline wheel for 50 yards, after breaking a tackle (YAC).

Other sleepers for me at WR. Quinton Patton, Darius Johnson and Nick Harwell.

Sam Houston State has a couple offensive players I like. RB, O-Line and WR.

In terms of safety: Still like Rambo, four game suspension, marijuana and off field and all. Included in all that is the loss of family members which I can relate to and sympathize with concurrent to the off-field stuff, if not the major contributing factor. I feel for the guy. Even though many have downgraded his stock, talent wise he's still a 2nd to 3rd rounder in my book. Draft advisory board gave him a 3rd round rating last year before he decided to return to UGA. And the advisory board is notoriously conservative.

Then Boyett (mostly as SS — kind-of like Eric Weddle) who I project to SS rather than deep middle Free Safety. Boyett is uber physical in case you don't know. Undersized and yet always around the ball. He's quicker moreso than fast. And then Bishop (NCSU) a productive player, mostly with tackling – not very athletic especially when compared to the Vaccaro's and McDonald's of the class.

At corner, obviously Amerson and Banks from last year. But I'll wave goodbye to them. I've been looking at Poyer as an impact player after the upper echalon goes. I consider Jordan Poyer on pace with 2nd round, maybe – maybe (if you are lucky) 3rd.

Byndum is someone I want to watch, intrigues me. I haven't seen much of his play but I know he registered well statistically in passed defended last year. There are lots of guys who are off the radar in this group.

Another defensive player that I grew increasingly fond of during the 2011-2012 season, Kawann Short.

---------- Post added August-22nd-2012 at 02:16 AM ----------

Oh, and cheers to the 2013 edition of the "Comprehensive."

The opiate of the masses.

---------- Post added August-22nd-2012 at 02:34 AM ----------

Sam Houston State has a couple offensive players I like. RB, O-Line and WR.

off radar:

later rounds:

Flanders.

Did he say something ridiculous again? All I can see is "This message is hidden because KDawg is on your ignore list."

;):ols:

This is hurtful. :(

And I was going to agree with you about Hunter being a beast, too. Pfft! So much for that!!! :(

~snip...I haven't watched Thomas from Tenn yet..

Good thoughts Monk.

Can't say I'm familiar w/ many of the names mentioned so far (specifically those outside the SEC). For the most part I'll wait til the season is over to really sit down and watch these guys.

But one quick point - we kicked Dallas Thomas inside to LG this year to make room for Tiny (Antonio) Richardson at LT. He's only a Sophomore, but from what I've read he's been far and away the most impressive OL and beat Dallas outright for LT. I have a friend I went to school with inside the athletic dept. that told me "you will definitely be seeing this kid play on Sundays" (FWIW).

Couldn't miss another opportunity to spew more UT propaganda lol

People say we have RB depth, but we have no proven home run hitter at the position. I would be in favor of a play-making traditional RB (or RB in the Sproles-mold) in the 3rd.

2nd rounder has to be OL (more specifically, starting-calibre RT). No question. We should be drafting OL and DL every year. We need depth.

hey holmes

---------- Post added August-22nd-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

But one quick point - we kicked Dallas Thomas inside to LG this year to make room for Tiny (Antonio) Richardson at LT.

Thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added August-22nd-2012 at 09:43 AM ----------

Justin Pugh, Syracuse lineman, with two years distinction as All Big East tackle (2010 2nd team) (2011 1st team) had a shoulder injury from spring ball, it's undetermined whether he needs surgery or not.

http://sujuiceonline.com/2012/08/21/justin-pugh-meet-the-2012-syracuse-football-team/

Pugh has started 25 games for the Orange over the past two years and was a First Team All Big East selection last season. He’s also on the watch list for the 2012 Outland Trophy, awarded annually to college football’s top interior lineman.

http://suathletics.syr.edu/roster.aspx?rp_id=9106

Sorry I have nothing to contribute to this thread just yet but I need to tag it for future reference. I know this will not get below page 1 until well after the 2013 draft but perhaps a sticky would be nice since it will go for over 800 pages as the last two editions, Im sure.

As it stands right now, I would LOVE for us to go offensive line in the 2013 draft with our 2nd round pick. Specifically, tackle or center. If we don't though, I think we're at the point where we could take the most logical BPA to just continue stockpiling talent.

If we don't though, I think we're at the point where we could take the most logical BPA to just continue stockpiling talent.

I think it is clear the Shanny goes BPA regardless of need. If the Cousins pick does not cement BPA as our strategy I don't know what else will. We can all hope that the BPA on our board when we pick happens to overlap with a need but I would not hold my breath thinking Shanny will pick a need position over a higher ranked player on his board.

IMO, OL or CB/S in the 2nd depending on a few factors, the biggest being how the Oline plays. If they play well, and some of our young guys look solid, we might be able to get away with drafting a guy in the 3rd or later like this year. If that happened, I would probably prefer to see us go CB or S, unless everyone plays great and Minnifield looks ready to explode next year.

If however, injuries really mount and the rookies don't step up, OL would make the most sense. RT, if a solution does not present itself, will be the biggest issue.

Archived