Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raw Story: GOP Senate nominee: Women don’t get pregnant from ‘legitimate’ rapes

Burgold

Wow. That was a pretty dumb guy. Somebody get him a new handler. Because we know every politician has one.

See, I think we need to get rid of handlers. We already have images for candidates rather than candidates themselves, none of us even know candidates we only know their commercials, their ad campaigns. I think we need fewer people involved with the candidates so we sift out the chaffe.

A handler's/promoter's job is get an idiot elected.

There is one kind of rape. And not only does the bonehead think that there are "legitimate rapes" and illegitimate rape, he would have a woman who has been raped CARRY THEIR RAPIST'S CHILD TO TERM.

Thanks for that. I got beat all around the head and ears a couple weeks ago in this here Tailgate over this very topic. It was pointed out to me that even if a life is conceived by rape, it doesn't make that life any less valuable. So when a pregnant woman who gets asked in the grocery checkout lane, "OOHH, when are you due? Have you decided on a name?", etc, questions that are completely innocent, would she be a complete ***** if she responds "This is my rapist's child that the state says I must carry to term"?

Then, in classic form, twa responded with "it's only half the rapist's child". (Really, DUDE?)

There is one kind of rape. And not only does the bonehead think that there are "legitimate rapes" and illegitimate rape, he would have a woman who has been raped CARRY THEIR RAPIST'S CHILD TO TERM.

Actually I think his point was that if the woman didn't want to have relations, then her body would automajically end the pregnancy itself in some non objectionable way ( not abortion like).... where as if she does become pregnant that's really evidence that it wasn't rape, and she should not be allowed to claim rape in order to obtain an abortion. Thus no abortions terminate babies conceived via "real" rape.

If that's not a sobering thought, I will just remind you that this guy is the front runner for the senate seat in Missouri...

This is kinda like the partial birth abortion debate. The opponents think people get that horrible procedure as some sort of convenience or use it for birth control. Both the results of uninformed morality judgements or worse; outright denial of reality in order to justify personal beliefs which are not subject to doubt or debate.

the odds of pregnancy are low, the odds if you take the morning after pill are even lower.

in the very small number of cases left I would suggest the life still has value, but will not force childbirth.

Let's say your wife gets raped, would you want her to have the child, or get an abortion? Would you want to raise a "rape" baby knowing that everytime you look at it, or she looks at it, it would be a harsh reminder of how he/she really came to be?

Let's say your wife gets raped, would you want her to have the child, or get an abortion? Would you want to raise a "rape" baby knowing that everytime you look at it, or she looks at it, it would be a harsh reminder of how he/she really came to be?

That's my point. And especially if the rape was a violent one.

What newspapers do you read?

I took Kilmer17's comments as a reference to when George Allen's campaign jumped the shark. Meaning this guy's campaign might have just jumped the shark.

How did you take it?

I took Kilmer17's comments as a reference to when George Allen's campaign jumped the shark. Meaning this guy's campaign might have just jumped the shark.

How did you take it?

You are correct. GOPers need to realize that if they say something idiotic like this, they are going to get crucified.

I think the newspaper thing was an attempt to call me stupid.

what is ****ed up is the assumption her life is ruined and a innocent must die to make it better

Go ahead and show me a woman who isn't haunted the rest of her life from that traumatic experience. I have close members of my immediate family who have been raped. It CAN and DOES ruin lives. Could you think of the difficulty one would have being intimate with another person after being raped? How is that "assumption" ****ed up, at all?

I'm really trying to understand your point. Who in the hell says an abortion will make her life BETTER? I assume by not having the rapist's baby, this is making it 'better'. I disagree - abortion is a very traumatic experience. No idea how you came to that conclusion.

You are correct. GOPers need to realize that if they say something idiotic like this, they are going to get crucified.

Nope. Just referencing another "jump the shark" GOP moment. I would never try to make you look stupid, I think you're a damn cool guy.

That's my point. And especially if the rape was a violent one.

To me it really goes beyond that. If you are strong enough to endure such an experience and believe the life of the innocent child trumps what happened to you; then that is a personal choice.. but to have that personal choice mandated by some anonymous bureaucrat who has never meet you, seems like the worse use of governmental powers ever. No good could ever come from such a policy... Worse such a policy would really mandate only bad things could happen in such already terrible cases.

I thought your comment was inciteful, cause I hadn't considered this a turning point in this guys campaign. Oddly enough, that had to be pointed out to me, but after reading your post that makes perfect sense to me.

I think with the Macaca comment Allen had a lot of help from Webb and a video tape to ensure that moment stuck in the minds of Virginia voters. This comment is even worse but if this guy doesn't get this blurb hung around his neck at election time, the Democrat only has herself to blame for loosing..

To me it really goes beyond that. If you are strong enough to endure such an experience and believe the life of the innocent child trumps what happened to you; then that is a personal choice.. but to have that personal choice mandated by some anonymous bureaucrat who has never meet you, seems like the worse use of governmental powers ever.

And goes back to my prior post...to have to respond to someone trying to be nice and congratulatory, that one's pregnancy is not a pleasant one, but one forced to be carried to term, may be one really awkward moment and cause a nervous breakdown.

And while we're on topic, JMS, as an attorney, can the SCOTUS really tear down a decision made 40 years ago? I've been dying to ask you this.

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 10:30 AM ----------

Go ahead and show me a woman who isn't haunted the rest of her life from that traumatic experience. I have close members of my immediate family who have been raped. It CAN and DOES ruin lives. Could you think of the difficulty one would have being intimate with another person after being raped? How is that "assumption" ****ed up, at all?

I'm really trying to understand your point. Who in the hell says an abortion will make her life BETTER? I assume by not having the rapist's baby, this is making it 'better'. I disagree - abortion is a very traumatic experience. No idea how you came to that conclusion.

Thanks. I lost my ex because I could no longer be comfortable in an intimate situation. took years before I felt normal.

what is ****ed up is the assumption her life is ruined and a innocent must die to make it bettere

Ah, got another load of straw, did we?

Please, could you quote for us the post in which somebody was advocating for making post-rape abortions mandatory?

Cause I'd like to join you in pointing out how ****ed up that person is.

(Or at least, I would, if he existed.)

Archived