Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's Your Brilliant, Perfect, Tragically, Non-Existent Video Game?

skinsfan07

Got this idea from Cracked that touched on '7 Amazing Video Games We'll Never Get to Play" http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-amazing-video-games-well-never-get-to-play_p2/

And it got me thinking. What would your guys perfect video game be? Any genre, any type. What type of video game universe would you create? Whether it be an uber realistic zombie game, or ultra customizable shooter or an insanely DEEP MMO! This could be a realy fun thread. Let your imagination run wild!

"Catch a stack of pancakes from RG3!" game...

A digitized Robert Griffin III throws stacks of pancakes to your hungry player...you must eat the pancakes before he throws another stack. With each pancake you eat, your player gets fatter and lazier. Any of the pancakes touch the ground, Josh Morgan runs out and kicks you firmly in the nuts.

GTA style game where after you pop it in, you download the playing area off Google Maps so that you are able to play in your home town/city.

:)

I like that idea. Would be cool if every person outside of the main character was also interactable. Like in Shenmue for the Dreamcast, in that they all that their own personalities, and also could and would spread neighborhood rumors, and things like that, based on how you act towards them.

Ultimate open world law enforcement game. Realistic, high speed police chases, SWAT situations, involving the disarming of bombs, using creative ways to get to, and arrest people who hae barricaded themselves in their house, with a hostage, bank robberies, etc. You'd see DEA/FBI/County/detective work, etc, kind of like a mixture of Heavy Rain and GTA.. Basically you'd start out as raw new recruit, and before the game begins, you choose which route you want to go. You could play through as a clean boy in blue, or become greedy and corrupt, and play both sides. Or you could just be a jackass, and use excessive force and intimidate people That would be pretty cool. It would take a lot of time to create a game like that, because it's essentially a real world, where any situation could happen at any moment. You get calls in from the dispatch, and can either heed the call, and go to where you're in need, or ignore it, and lose "Honor points." or something like that.

Oh, and it would be 3rd person

Easy:

Battlefield: Bad Company 3

The same dev team from Bad Company 2 uses the new Frostbite 2.0 engine to create virtually the same gaming experience from Bad Company 2 with a few very minor tweaks to address the very small amount of issues in BC2.

This dev team also pays a hit squad to kidnap and remove from society the idiot map designers and gameplay designers on the Battlefield 3 team.

The resulting game has the following perks:

1. Fully balanced and useful(!!!) classes (unlike BF3)

2. No camptastic pace-killing prone BS. Those who want prone in a game can keep playing the atrocity that is BF3. For those who don't want to lie on their stomachs for minutes at a time, awesomeness.

3. 36-man capability on console

4. No more tank health regen

5. Fully destructible environments that play a part in tactics (like BC2)

6. Leave in the only good thing from BF3 -- the ability to decline revives

7. Levels designed by someone other than special needs children (Every BF3 map is utter crap compared to Valparaiso/Oasis/Laguna Presa, etc)

8. No sun glare/flashlights/other pantywaist items

9. Enough health for skill to overcome luck

10. No maps with 4 capture points to be held by 12 people in 10 vehicles. It is freaking idiocy to have 2 jets and a helicopter per team on one map with 3-4 flags to hold. Actually, just remove jets entirely. They're fun, but more BF3 than BC-esque.

I have a million of these but it would take way more time than I'm willing to put forth to explain them, and many of you are not PC players or true competitive players (I mean cash tournaments of 1,000 or more) therefore you wouldn't likely agree with or enjoy anything I have to say. I will perhaps indulge in this topic soon enough though...when I have 10 hours to explain in detail one of the games that I have in my head.

Ultimate open world law enforcement game. Realistic, high speed police chases, SWAT situations, involving the disarming of bombs, using creative ways to get to, and arrest people who hae barricaded themselves in their house, with a hostage, bank robberies, etc. You'd see DEA/FBI/County/detective work, etc, kind of like a mixture of Heavy Rain and GTA.. Basically you'd start out as raw new recruit, and before the game begins, you choose which route you want to go. You could play through as a clean boy in blue, or become greedy and corrupt, and play both sides. Or you could just be a jackass, and use excessive force and intimidate people That would be pretty cool. It would take a lot of time to create a game like that, because it's essentially a real world, where any situation could happen at any moment. You get calls in from the dispatch, and can either heed the call, and go to where you're in need, or ignore it, and lose "Honor points." or something like that.

Oh, and it would be 3rd person

That sounds SO sick.

Someone in that article said they'd love an open world game like GTA, except where people mimic your actions. So if you run over a cop or rob a store, like you would in GTA, the public would soon assume that this was the norm, and start doing the same thing. Then, chaos would ensue. And if you decide to do a good deed, over time the people will mimic that as well. How awesome would that be?

I think it would be awesome to have an RTS played entirely from the first/third person. So, you would actually be the king or emperor of whatever nation/kingdom/empire you ruled. You would have messengers who would ride in or you could send out to give specific commands to your cities and units, generals you could groom to fight your battles, or you could go out and lead your armies in person. Everything you need to know would be written on a map you carry with you, and would be updated as messengers bring you information from around your kingdom. I think that would be an amazing game.

Archived