Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrick Dockery's first game as a starter

Awesome

While he didn't stand out as being incredibly impressive, I was VERY pleased by the way Dockery played yesterday. On that TD run by Betts, he absolutely destroyed that side of the line and gave Betts a huge hole to hit.

I was equally impressed with his lack of penalties, as I fully expected him to get flagged for a false start or two and maybe a few holding penalties. In light of all the different looks and blitz packages the Pats use, Dockery's solid performance is that much more impressive IMO.

Overall, the guy proved to be a very capable guard with much potential and well worth a 3rd round pick. Fiore has been ok, but nothing near excpectional and while he should return to the starting lineup after his knee gets better, I would hope to see Dockery get plenty of pt over the course of the season and maybe even supplant Fiore as the starter by December.

Thoughts?

I would like to see him be our guy and keep Fiore as veteran interior-line depth. Good drafting by our front office it seems.

What is even funnier about it was alot of supposed draft experts with their draft analysis were critical of the pick because we had already addressed the line via FA. Fact is good depth on the OL is almost priceless these days, and having a guy as talented as Dockery (though still a rookie) coming off the bench can be immeseaurable to a team having a successful season.

Archived