Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stick figure families

Spaceman Spiff

I've come to feel this way about any kind of bumper sticker. You really feel the need to announce to everyone what brand of snowboard you bought and who your favorite band is? You are a ginormous douchebag

Do you feel this way about people announcing what their favorite football team is with an overpriced t-shirt or jersey?

I have four kids and two dogs, but can't get my head around these things. Do they annoy me? No, I have better things to do. But you might argue that they're a security risk for your family. I don't want strangers to know how many kids might be in my car, or that they can approach my kids and talk to them about their two dogs.

As others have mentioned, I don't care for them; frankly I'd worry that it would give information to someone who I don't want to have it, such as how many dogs I have.

I'll cop to car magnets. I had a ST ribbon before it got stolen. I have three of those ovals now, one of the dog ones for our Pug, a 13.1 which annoys some of you, but I use it as a reminder to myself that I've got a higher goal to shoot for. The 3rd one is a magent for our kid's daycare, basically free advertising for them. I have no idea why it's on the car; I guess my wife stuck it there.

a 13.1 which annoys some of you, but I use it as a reminder to myself that I've got a higher goal to shoot for

I never realized what those meant until I read this. Haha.

Also I am generally not a fan of any stickers on car, but I did cave and put a small DC United sticker on my back left window. :)

I find the 13.1 and 26.2 stickers annoying and dumb. That is all.

Come on dude, really? :ols:

I have a 13.1 sticker on my car, i was really proud of it after my first half marathon, i'm planning on adding 26 within a couple of years, if you see someone with 50, 70.3 or 140.6, they're a complete beast. lol

I have a 13.1 sticker on my car, i was really proud of it after my first half marathon, i'm planning on adding 26 within a couple of years, if you see someone with 50, 70.3 or 140.6, they're a complete beast. lol

For me it is this, I think the things people do as individuals are awesome and you should be proud, but the guy behind you in traffic doesn't need to know. So the family stick figures, politics, 13.1/26.2, honor roll, etc. should be left off the car.

Ditto. I helped out one year at the JFK 50, and I got a lot of respect for those guys, even if I'd never do it.

Do you guys have the stickers with a sports silhouette, with name, number and school (for instance a hockey player, #15, Billy, Dumbass HS)? Those fall into this category and they're all over this area.

The other controversial one is parking permits. You're supposed to take them off and apply a new one each year, but there are tons of bozos around here who collect them since it shows you're not some fly-by-night carpetbagger who looks down on townies. The problem is that a few years ago the RMV switched the location to the front windshield to the left of the driver. Now there are idiots with 6 of 7 of these partially obscuring their vision.

Personally I think it's live and let live (some I enjoy others not so much).

I have considered adding one of these.

5k-run-car-magnet-oval.jpg

Archived