Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tis a far far better @ss-kicking I give now...

Tarhog

Anyone else watching the Colts shellac the Saints?? 48-13

Wow. Peyton Manning has 6 TD passes and there's still a quarter to play. Now THATS a dominating offensive display.

btw...guess who's single game TD passing record Manning is threatening to eclipse?

i listened to the whole game on the radio on my way home from DC (great game, well at least it's a win!!!).... the announcers were trying to figure out ways to keep the audience listening. sounded pretty embarassing for the home team. i think at one point they said there were maybe a couple of thousand people in the stands, that was late third/early fourth quarter...

I just KNEW somewhere in the stands was a Aint's fan with a bag over his head and sure enough, ESPN found him.

This Colts team is starting to remind me a little of the 91 Skins although I would prefer they end up like the 96 Skins who won 7 in a row and finished with a 9-7 record.

Originally posted by Jimbo

I just KNEW somewhere in the stands was a Aint's fan with a bag over his head and sure enough, ESPN found him.

This Colts team is starting to remind me a little of the 91 Skins although I would prefer they end up like the 96 Skins who won 7 in a row and finished with a 9-7 record.

Me too jimbo

Otherwise my dad and my pinhead older brother the Colts fans will never let up!!!!

Besides that, I wonder if Manning could possibly be trying to improve his lot for the upcoming offseason, where he will be a UFA, and the Colts have yet to nail down a contract extention with him.

Talking about the Colts though, remember too that even though they will most like slap the franshise tag on him, the Colts still play in the smallest stadium in the NFL, and they don't have the wads of cash to throw around like many teams do, and both the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana have both said they will not build them a new stadium, and yet at the same time, owner Jim Irsay says he will leave the team in Indy.

The Colts have like no wiggle room under the cap this season, so if they have a sudden rash of injuries, they might have some problems getting someone to come in. In the long term, if they do lock down Manning to a long term deal, where do they get the money for guys like Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James when they come up for renewal?

And all this in a city and state where a while back the Indianapolis Star newspaper did a poll and the Colts were a distant 2nd for the favorite sports team in the state behind the Indiana Pacers NBA team.

I don't begrudge the colts any success. I was always rather fond of them, whether they were in Baltimore or Indy, of course I never hated Baltimore until Ravens fans started posting on the Redskin boards (live in California so I've never really been exposed to them).

What's up with the saint's, I just cannot figure that team out, at all. Completely baffling team. I thought I'd figured them out, solid, pretty good at home, a dog on the road, but now they suck at home and on the road. I'd tear the whole thing down if I were them. Go with the pieces that are there, Stallworth and Deuce and rebuild with almost everything else. I'm not sold on Aaron Brooks either, there is something seriously wrong with that guy, for whatever reason he simply cannot play with any consistency.

Archived