Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

This conservative doesn't currently have health insurance.

This conservative doesn't believe the federal government can force the purchase of a private product.

This conservative wouldn't receive coverage, he'd receive fines/tax increases.

This conservative takes the above facts and draws the conclusion that the man who would put all that into place doesn't give one jack **** about the "little guy" as he claims.

But yeah, I guess I'm selfish about not wanting to pay for your healthcare, while still not having my own. Oh, and if the government can force you to buy a private product, I hope everyone will be required to purchase a Nissan next. Then I WILL be able to afford my own insurance.

Do you not have health insurance because it is expensive and you can't afford it in your current budget or do you not have health insurance because you simply do nto want it at this stage of your life?

Freeloader.

(I'm just messing with you, HH.)

:)

I hate not having insurance. I really do. If, God forbid, I come down with something serious, I'm screwed. They'll do maintenance and keep me comfortable. It's a scary thought. I'm conceited enough to believe that my daughters need me around.

But I just can't accept this as a solution. I was told I wouldn't see a tax increase of ANY kind. And depending on what they need to achieve at any given moment, the penalties are called fines or tax increases interchangably. So while the administration continues to "fudge" this, I'm told my reasons for opposing it are political; because that's what the party wants me to do. Does this accusation EVER stick? As often as it's used, some seem to think it's the be-all to end-all.

:)

I hate not having insurance. I really do. If, God forbid, I come down with something serious, I'm screwed. They'll do maintenance and keep me comfortable. It's a scary thought. I'm conceited enough to believe that my daughters need me around.

But I just can't accept this as a solution. I was told I wouldn't see a tax increase of ANY kind. And depending on what they need to achieve at any given moment, the penalties are called fines or tax increases interchangably. So while the administration continues to "fudge" this, I'm told my reasons for opposing it are political; because that's what the party wants me to do. Does this accusation EVER stick? As often as it's used, some seem to think it's the be-all to end-all.

Well, in a couple minutes you may have to buy insurance. I don't know what is going to happen, but I don't think having to buy insurance is really a terrible thing for you. Just my two cents.

Or you could go on the expanded Medicaid?

by choice or by economic hardship? if it's the latter, obamacare would fix that. if it's the former, well, i have no sympathy if you get sick, because it's me who will be footing the bill.

Economic. I pay 55% of my income in child support (without the promised tax credit, mind you.) And my employers plan is ridiculous for what's covered. If I took the coverage, I would actually have to write THEM a check every month.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

Well, in a couple minutes you may have to buy insurance. I don't know what is going to happen, but I don't think having to buy insurance is really a terrible thing for you. Just my two cents.

Or you could go on the expanded Medicaid?

And that's what they want, isn't it? More government dependence. Hooray.

Economic. I pay 55% of my income in child support (without the promised tax credit, mind you.) And my employers plan is ridiculous for what's covered. If I took the coverage, I would actually have to write THEM a check every month.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

And that's what they want, isn't it? More government dependence. Hooray.

That's not fair. They want you to buy insurance on your own from a private insurer. If you did that anyway, this mandate does not affect your life in any way.

Wow. Thought it would be struck down, but it seems to live... though not in original form. Interesting.

Cursory yay! (Until more info comes in, perhaps?)

Roberts forming part of the majority.

Edit: I see I'm not the only one on Scotusblog right now. LOL!

Edited by mjah