Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

2 hours ago, Larry said:

In short, every person saying that he ruled Obamacare unconstitutional is wrong. This ruling, rather, is that the Republicans successfully turned Obamacare into something unconstitutional. 

SCOTUS ruled it unconstitutional first .

The poor fellow is just following their reasoning to it's logical conclusion that it is now unconstitutional.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, twa said:

SCOTUS ruled it unconstitutional first .

The poor fellow is just following their reasoning to it's logical conclusion that it is now unconstitutional.

Really?  SCOTUS ruled Obamacare unconstitutional?  

What happened?  Did Hillary and the Deep State overrule them?  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Really?  SCOTUS ruled Obamacare unconstitutional?  

it ... being the mandate under the commerce clause.

If you believe it non-severable (as the govt strongly asserted then) then yes ACA now is.

of course the govt now thinks it severable ...or do they?

• 2 weeks later...

The Republican agenda

The state has removed more than 16,000 low-income adults for failing to log at least 80 hours of work, job training, volunteering or similar activity — including 4,655 in November.

Some of the people thrown off the program describe a nightmarish, confusing experience with clunky technology and no one to help them. Individuals who don't adhere to the new rules for three months get removed from Medicaid for the rest of the year.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The Republican agenda

I hate to say this but this needs to happen for people to see how scummy the GOP is. I feel for those that are losing their insurance. I feel less for those losing their insurance that voted for the GOP.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Springfield said:

Had a root canal last week.  Was prescribed Motrin 800, Amoxicillin and Vicodin.  My health insurance doesn’t cover Vicodin.  **** kinda bull**** is that?

Do they cover the generic?

Motrin 800 and vicodin seem overkill anyway.

1 hour ago, twa said:

I could understand the Motrin 800, we call it "vitamin M" in the military because they prescribe it for everything.  But I had the same thoughts about the vicodin.  Maybe that is proof regarding who is to blame for the opiod epidemic.

2 hours ago, twa said:

Do they cover the generic?

They covered neither.

I filled the Vicodin script for like $55.  I didn’t take any because I’m not a drug addict.

Took like 3-4 of the Motrin for the soreness and that was fine.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I filled the Vicodin script for like $55.  I didn’t take any because I’m not a drug addict.

1 hour ago, twa said:

What's the street value?

55 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

$50

Well, the street dealers have to compete against each other, for price.  The pharmacies can charge more.  

I remember being shocked that I had to pay about $100 for colonoscopy meds at Safeway a few months back. 

My insurance also wouldn’t cover much omeprazole so I ended up having to take the non-prescription stuff instead.  (Pretty much everything I take these days is non-prescription and it’s a pain trying to get the stuff cheap)

Edited by visionary

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 1:34 PM, Warhead36 said:

Meanwhile, I have a friend in Finland who's sister had a baby. Total medical cost was like $50.

my first daughter was born at 28 weeks (my wife had preeclampsia).  my wife was in intensive care for several weeks, and my daughter was in the neonatal intensive care unit for 4 months.

my total bill was the co-pay for the original hospital check-in for my wife ( for a total bill that was easily well into the 6-figure range--- i have no idea how far, though) ... want to say it was $20, but i don;t really remember.   

we had Kaiser of Northern California.   Any other babies born under extreme stress to other insurance carriers in the greater Sacramento area were also sent to the Kaiser facilities... but i imagine their bills/copays did not look quite the same.

I have to confess that i have never put in ANY of the effort to become even mildly competent to intelligently participate in the health care debate... but when i hear the fear-mongering about "managed care" under a single-payer system.... i imagine it to look alot like Kaiser, HMO care.   

And i certainly wish everybody had access to this level of care.