Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nbc-2.com: WR Chad Ochocinco signs with Dolphins

SWFLSkins

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/18761191/wr-chad-ochocinco-says-he-has-signed-with-dolphins

By STEVEN WINE

AP Sports Writer

MIAMI (AP) - Out of work and not ready to retire, Chad Ochocinco found a job back in his hometown.

The former Pro Bowl receiver signed with the Miami Dolphins on Monday, four days after being released by the New England Patriots.

The signing came after Ochocinco had a tryout with the Dolphins, who are thin at the position and dropping a lot of passes in offseason drills. He's likely to join the team for this week's OTAs, which continue through Wednesday.

"Congrats to Chad," tweeted his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. "It's nice to come home."

The 34-year-old Ochocinco, a Miami native, made the Pro Bowl six times, most recently in 2009. He had only a minor role in his lone season with the Patriots, catching 15 passes for 276 yards.

Cool. How cool is it to essentially move home to retire late in your career, yet still play. And he'll surely get a lot more touches than Brady was willing to hand out. You never know, he might have an ok year.

Can't speak to how good of a veteran presence he'll be though. When his advice is things like "you gotta tell 'em it's time to kiss the baby, man!" lol.

I think this will revive his career actually...he should get plenty of touches. I just checked their roster to see what other receivers they had since I couldnt think of anyone off the top of my head...no one.
Fasano, Bess, Hartline, Naanee. Not terrible. But not superb either.

Archived