Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WOW! Westy crushed Parrish!

redman

Yeah, because NOW Banks is getting ALL the receivers involved, like the Arizona game. Actually this second half is based on the Arizona and Seattle games, where the "balanced" attack, with him specifically targeting the #2 and #3 immediately, not as an afterthought. I am sure the OC and Marty both agreed that he needs to get that ball out to the 2nd and 3rd receivers far more quicker or else he'd have to throw it away, instead of taking a sack.

Another thing is, the lineman, mainly the DE's for Chicago aren't making a lot of noise, so it's their interior lineman that are dictating the defense. This means Chicago is vunerable at our points of attack, whereas, they have had a couple of good receptions against us, and a two good runs, one for a touch. Other than that it's been all Skins with the ball (credit to Davis and the WR's, TE working to get open and Banks for using the smarts now to play QB in this defensive battle. IMPO, I think it should be more on the board for us, by 10 points, I also think SD was in bounds and held the ball long enough to make it a legitmate catch.

I also think overall, there is more improvement on the OL to stay focused for us.

Green, Arrington, Bruce, and co are doing thier thing man!

Originally posted by Chris 44:

I don't know Navy, I kinda hope he sticks around. I just think he doesn't want to stay.frown.gif

Well, many things could happen between now and then to change his mind.

It may hinge on what happens to Marty, that is to say, whether he stays or goes when Ron Wolf is hired. :-)

[edited.gif by B&G on December 25, 2001.]

I have changed my mind in the past 2-3 weeks. After seeing the statements Marty has made, I am now convinced there will be no meaningful changes here in the offseason in scheme or personnel that will improve the capability of the offense to compete with the elite units in the NFL.

You have an offense ranked #29 and the head coach says UNEQUIVOCALLY that there will definitely be no changes in the coaching staff in the offseason.

Isn't that prejudging the situation just a little bit?

There has not been enough time to thoroughly review the entire season with all its ups and downs.

To make that statement Marty is operating off a script that none of the rest of us have. It has nothing to do with wins and losses and everything to do with friendship, cronyism and CYA.

To address the deficiencies this team has in terms of personnel and then at the same time decide on the most appropriate direction in terms of coaching, I think Snyder should hire an established General Manager and supervise a top down review of the organization and its direction.

If Marty does not want to stay on board for that, fine.

Either way, a message has to be sent from the highest levels down that accountability and performance MUST be the primary factors that govern the movement of players AND coaches.

I am crushed! I have seen a lot of obvious scenes in my life, Kennedy years, Rev. King, Vietnam, Riots of 68, Pot era, Skins and George Allen, Gibbs Years, Gulf War, and now - This!

Marty, that is a crock and you know it. Why are you doing this???? Being stubborn to prove a point to the world? Fine with the staff and the players, but without fans, you don't have support man. You are about to become the first Washington Coach Since Bill McPeak to NOT have a sellout with the Washington Redskins.

You will become a target of many a sad game, and the mediocrisy you have had DOG you at times this year and the failed attempt to continue to win the big game are becoming more apparent. You are only here for the money and you know it.

When you said you are NOT here to rebuild, that sunk me> WE ARE NOT DUMB, but did you really, really, think you'd even take THIS particular crew back then to the big dance. I have been a Skins fan since 1966 and and this is the most outrageous move I have seen since, WELL, since you keeping Jeff George or Norv staying or keeping of Heath Schuler!

No, you instead are locked into the "homeboy" mode and I won't spend a dime on YOUR team, because it won't be the Washington Redskins. It will be the Schottenheimers. Fuc* You and Jimmy Raye too!

It's a thin line between love and hate, I owe you NO alegiance, only to the U. S. and the Republic for which it stands. YOU SUCK!

Easy!

There may be a method to this madness. Seems like there was a lot of talk on this very board in the preseason about how sly Marty was when it came to tipping his hat. I wouldn't take everything Schottenheimer says at face value. I don't think he's about to share his motives or his evaluation goals with the public. It's not his style. He's under no obligation to build his team or run it as fans see fit, even avid ones such as ourselves. I don't think I would want any coach to run his team that way.

There's a lot to be said about continuity. You want to build confidence and trust among the players who WILL be back next season. In a way, Marty is saying to all the players, all of them: I'm not giving up on you, don't you give up on me! I dunno, but that seems like a pretty legitimate way of continuing players' effort into next season.

League rankings mean nothing when it comes to player evaluation. The most important aspect in Marty's schemes is execution, and I think that's where the evaluation will begin. Sometimes it's easier to evaluate players when there's some form of continuity. He's going to watch film in the offseason and see a lot of things that we, as fans, never see.

And I'm not sure how much there is to be gained by starting Sage Rosenfels the last two games of the season, especially against a defense like New Orleans'. You want to put a young QB, especially one as raw as Sage, in a positive situation, not in a season-tanking mode with 2 games left.

I think this is Norvitis setting in. Such bitterness!

[edited.gif by GURU on December 25, 2001.]

Archived