Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Hankerson, Brown on the mend

SWFLSkins

I'm so excited to see RG III or Luck growing with Hank. Hopefully it will be a deadly combo! We just need Frank back saying "RG III deep to Hankerson....Touchdown Washington Redskins."

i think the griffin to garcon combo will turn heads much quicker than with hankerson. garcon already has the valuable experience, working with one of the best qbs (im assuming peyton doesnt allow his wrs to slack) learning from reggie wayne and showing he can excel in spite of the pathetic qb play that he saw this year.

the skins are hungry man. i think the rapport with griffin will show up immediately. hank i think could be an awesome z receiver - running the long routes and pulling safeties over the top. he is gonna have to get healthy and get working with griff asap.

I really want to see what Hankerson can do. That Miami game ... I hope it was a flash of the future to come. Hankerson looks like a great possession receiver. Runs great routes and seems to have good hands.

Large flappy hands, if I remember he runs with his fingers extended which makes it very comical. They stand out. He was very fun to watch in that Miami game.

I am very happy that he went ahead and had surgery in the winter, so that he would be fully recovered by Training Camp. He could have waited to see if time healed it, no one wants to go under the knife if they don't have to, but maybe the injury reappeared in mini-camps or training camp and then he'd miss game time. He won't be able to get his timing down with RG3 for a few months, but at least we have other WR's we can be hopefully for (Moss, Garcon, Morgan, Gaffney).

I really think Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson and Paul are our future at the position. What Moss and Gaffney give us are guys familiar with the system that can will contribute while the other guys are being brought along. And if they don't pan out, we've still got four quality guys. I think they will though.

I want to see Robert Griffin III, on a plane visiting each one. Hell - I want each one on a plane visiting him and spending the summer together.

Awwwwww Jeah, a new Sheriff and a new Posse in town!

Large flappy hands, if I remember he runs with his fingers extended which makes it very comical. They stand out. He was very fun to watch in that Miami game.

I am very happy that he went ahead and had surgery in the winter, so that he would be fully recovered by Training Camp. He could have waited to see if time healed it, no one wants to go under the knife if they don't have to, but maybe the injury reappeared in mini-camps or training camp and then he'd miss game time. He won't be able to get his timing down with RG3 for a few months, but at least we have other WR's we can be hopefully for (Moss, Garcon, Morgan, Gaffney).

He can run barefoot with his tounge hanging out as long as he gets open and catches the ball

The Redskins need to go with youth at Right tackle. If Jamaal Brown is healthy and can contribute, I'm all for him staying with the team. He's as good as any offensive lineman in the NFL when he's completely healthy. I'm hoping that Leonard Hankerson's hip injury is completely healed by the time training camp starts. I want to see Hankerson become a start in this league.

We don't have much invested in Paul, Robinson. We'll see how it shakes out. I personally don't think either Mike or Kyle are completely satisfied with the position just yet and considering how deep the WR class is this year; I would not be surprised in the least if we take a WR at some point.

Simply not true. Paul is a "great" special teams player and should get more reps at WR this year with Stallworth gone. Robinson may be the reason Armstrong, Austin and Banks get cut this year. Shanahan loved his game at SMU, but he was so raw. And yes, it wouldn't suprise me if we drafted a WR this year, although I think it's a wasted pick when we just nabbed Garcon and Morgan. Use it on another area of need.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 01:33 PM ----------

Can we collectively stop with the RGIII or Luck comments please?

Why? We're getting one or the other.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Any word on Jenkins recovery? I think this may be every bit as important as Brown's recovery in terms of impact. I liked the way our line looked at the end of last year, and I think if we had a either a more mobile QB or a more accurate one to make defenses pay for their rushes I think our running game would have looked even better. However, I thought our DL looked tired and unable to mount a rush at times late in the season. I think Jenkins, if back to pr-injury form, creates another rusher to be accounted for while allowing a better rotation of DL.

There is a thread in the stadium about his recovery.

I remember getting really excited after watching a play of Hankerson's being broken down. I can't really describe it except that it was almost an inside slant turn stop and go route. It had the commentators dribbling saying there aren't many players in the league capable of the timing etc.

With Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson and Paul - I think we're in really really good shape at receiver.

I'm with you. And this probably could be applied to almost every position. My #1 concern (and nothing anyone can effect) are injuries. His hip is a concern, Moss's age/hamstrings and JJ's hip as well. We need someone to breatk out at the WR position and I feel like that's more of a possiblity now with a serious starter at QB that can get him the ball.

It's concerns me that we haven't had much success with the WR poisition from the draft pre-Shanny (at least I can't think of any), over the last decade. I really hope we find a gym aka Miles Austin, Victor Ortiz and a host of other no names on most successful or up and coming teams in the NFL.

Simply not true. Paul is a "great" special teams player and should get more reps at WR this year with Stallworth gone. Robinson may be the reason Armstrong, Austin and Banks get cut this year. Shanahan loved his game at SMU, but he was so raw. And yes, it wouldn't suprise me if we drafted a WR this year, although I think it's a wasted pick when we just nabbed Garcon and Morgan. Use it on another area of need.

We used a 5th and 6th on each. That's not a big investment. I didn't say they were without worth, but if we go in a different direction, losing either is not going to hurt us in any serious manner. I want competition. I happen to like Paul, Austin and Hankerson.

We used a 5th and 6th on each. That's not a big investment. I didn't say they were without worth, but if we go in a different direction, losing either is not going to hurt us in any serious manner. I want competition. I happen to like Paul, Austin and Hankerson.

Ok, I see the angle you're coming from when you say "investment." I can agree with this.

Can't wait for Hank to tget back on the field! We're pretty deep at Wr.

1.Garcon

2.Hank

3.Morgan (I like this signing, he played #1 in San Fran before he got hurt, so this is a steal)

4.Moss in the slot

5.Gaffney

6.AA?

I hope we do some four receiver sets this year, the possibilities are endless

So why are you putting that in this thread? The OP has nothing to do with Free Agency or Manning. This has to do with Hankerson and/or Brown. That's how I got VJax, because he's a receiver that we were supposedly after.

There are plenty of free agency/QB threads you could have put that comment in.

LOL.. Sorry! I was having internet issues last night and just connected to my iphone which is slow and fustrating. I guess I posted that in the wrong thread somehow.

Kelly - Chronic injury - Not applicable to Hankerson

Rogers - Chose not to get treatment - Not applicable to Hankerson

Next?

I think he was just poking fun at common misspellings since Hankerson was spelled wrong. Though he did forget the immortal Scott Brunnel

I told a fellow Skins fan at work that I thought Hankerson would be our guy this year. I thought he had greatness written all over him since being drafted and predicted 1300 yards this year. He got a good laugh out of that.

Kelly - Chronic injury - Not applicable to Hankerson

Rogers - Chose not to get treatment - Not applicable to Hankerson

Next?

picard-facepalm.jpg

Get well soon Hank. I hope he can do for RGIII what Brandon Marshall did for Jay Cutler.

Archived