Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

READ UPDATE IN OP PLEASE! 2012 Redskins Free Agency Updated Tracker: Garcon, Morgan, Meriweather, Cedric Griffin signed; Carriker and Grossman re-up (OP will be updated w/signings, cuts, trades, etc.)

DC9

Yup, hearing Finnegan is option #1 and Ross is a fall-back. We must not think Carr is a fit in our D...interesting.

My concern is Carr was a #2 CB. He is going to be paid like a #1 Corner. With Finnegan, he is a proven #1 Corner.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 03:22 PM ----------

Didn't they just cut you??

That's why I have time to post ;)

We can defer the entire $36 mil (if it sticks) to next year and do some manuevering, next years payroll is somewhere around $83 mil. I would actually prefer it given this is a target rich FA environment.

We could sign a few high priced FA's if we wanted to.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 03:01 PM ----------

They have Atomic Clocks at the park for just that reason. :ols:

Actually we can't. They came out earlier today and send we have to use half of the $36 mil hit this year.

Yeah, still no official word on which one they are leaning towards yet. Finnegan is a better fit, but Carr is younger and cheaper.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that much if Dallas and Washington locked up Finnegan and VJax (respectively) to big money deals in the first hour of FA, just to give the middle finger together to the league.

What is this nonsense, I actually am ROOTING for the Cowboys to make a move!?! Wow. The league REALLY effed up.

ehh... finnegan is so unlikeable. seems like such a punk. but i suppose i can learn to accept him if he upgrades our secondary

From what I read he's the kind of guy that if he's on your team you love him, if he's on the other team you hate him.

ehh... finnegan is so unlikeable. seems like such a punk. but i suppose i can learn to accept him if he upgrades our secondary

He plays tough and gritty. You have to like that. Something both of our defenses really lack.

I felt the same way, but caught a few things he does with kids on NFL Network. Changed my entire outlook on him.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 03:24 PM ----------

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that much if Dallas and Washington locked up Finnegan and VJax (respectively) to big money deals in the first hour of FA, just to give the middle finger together to the league.

What is this nonsense, I actually am ROOTING for the Cowboys to make a move!?! Wow. The league REALLY effed up.

It's what happens when we're both stuck fighting for #3 and 4 every year!

No. Dallas has about 10-15 million right now ... that's before any restructuring.

According to this, their number was about $5mil under before restructures and proposed cap penalty. Obviously they're gonna restructure/cut some guys today, but I'm not sure that 10-15million figure is right (especially before restructures/cuts/cap penalty).

Click here to go to the article (ESPN - Schefter)

According to this, their number was about $5mil under before restructures and proposed cap penalty. Obviously they're gonna restructure/cut some guys today, but I'm not sure that 10-15million figure is right (especially before restructures/cuts/cap penalty).

Click here to go to the article (ESPN - Schefter)

The latest from what i've got

Newman cut -- 6 million

Buehler cut -- 1.6 million

Scandrick restructured --- 5.9 hit now down to 1.2

OFFICIAL # JUST FOUND IT ...

The decisions to cut Terence Newman and David Buehler as well as re-working Scandrick’s contract have created $11.98 million in salary cap room against the 2012 cap.

Word is, they are working on Doug Free's and DeMarcus Ware's right now.

He plays tough and gritty. You have to like that. Something both of our defenses really lack.

I felt the same way, but caught a few things he does with kids on NFL Network. Changed my entire outlook on him.

I agree. I heard an interview with him and he came off articulate, classy, and likeable. He was nothing but complimentary of the Titans and their fans. So much so that even if we don't sign him, I'm a fan of the guy.

Also, instead of keeping a tootsie roll in his sock like D. Green, he plays with a Hot Pocket in his sock.

Archived