Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Oh, i have no idea if anyone else was in the wrong theater. (or,, if anyone else had a wrong ticket to the right theater..)

This place is new, and it could really use posters or a marquee in the concourse of the 12 theaters.. would keep this from happening.

Could be  they changed the theater on Saturday after i bought the tickets on Friday, but i don't know.

~Bang

The VVitch is crazy good. Period Piece + Horror + ?coming of age film?...maybe. Comparisons to the Shining are accurate. Easily one of the darkest and most Satanic films to ever get a wide release. Casting, score, cinematography all killer. Not a jump-scare movie, but it starts fast and keeps rolling. I loved the ending.

10/10. Go see it.

I saw The Witch tonight as well.  It was a pleasant surprise.  I'm a 'slow burn' lover so I got treated to some of that, but damn there's some mighty fine grenades in there as well.  Kind of a nice mix of both.  I hadn't seen anything quite like it, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes horror.  There's some scenes that'll blow your hair back.  I enjoyed the score, although I felt like it made for a really 'loud' film in spots.  I don't know if that shrillness was a creative decision to unsettle the audience, but I thought it was a little distracting in parts.

Saw the trailer for The Green Room.  Looks awesome.  I thoroughly enjoyed Blue Ruin, and I'm excited for this flick to be released next month.

• Like 1

Hunger Games finale. Awesomeness. Great way to wrap things up. Jennifer was born to play Katniss Everdeen. I'm kinda bummed it's over, really enjoyed the series.

Sad seeing Phillip Sey, one of faves. Gonna miss his talents on screen. :( And he looks a lot like my dad lol :(

Edited by Chew

Daddy's Home. Started of really slow, but the second half delivered quote a few laugh out loud moments. It was okay. Worth a boring Sunday afternoon watch.

IP Man 3. This series just keeps kicking ass. More epicness.

"Miracles From Heaven" gets an A.  A faith based movie just in time for Easter.  It's based on a real story.

I liked it.  If religious themed movies aren't your thing, then skip this.

The girl, who the movie is about; claims that she spoke to God and he told her she would be healed.

The miracle is a dying girl falls from a tree and survives and somehow her illness has gone away.

Take it for what you want.

I liked the story and the faith emphasis didn't bother me.

Next up: Batman vs Superman, which I will be getting for free since my Rewards Card finally earned me a free movie.

Spectre

Gotta say, extremely disappointed in this. It really was quite boring which is an unforgivable sin for a Bond movie. Easily the worst of the Craig movies. I was really looking forward to it especially with Waltz as the villain. I don't like the tie-in to the older movies and the quasi reboot of a certain villain either.

It just wasn't that entertaining, it was hard to hear a lot of the dialogue so key plot points were missed, and it didn't have the emotional stakes felt in CR, QoS or Skyfall. It was a bit of a mess.

I hope Craig does one more to end on a higher note but eh, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to come back after this one either.

• Like 1

10 Cloverfield. I thought it was pretty solid. Not much to talk about without spoilers. John Goodman was great. Mary Elizabeth-Winstead I'd a pretty decent actress herself.

Good write-up on the movie. Massive spoilers, obviously.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/17/11255744/10-cloverfield-lane-movie-ending-backlash

Saw it earlier today too. Really enjoyed it. Suspenseful and engaging throughout.

really like that write up, it expressed a lot of the thoughts I had throughout the movie, mostly that final shot and her final Breakthrough.

the aliens didn't swerve me either because based on the name, I was expecting some type of extraterrestrial life to eventually show up. I thought it was handled well and wrapped up the story nicely.

• Like 1

My man.

soon aa they mentioned green worms, I was like yep. Aliens lol.

I often stressed in the moment while watching a movie like this and miss a lot of symbolism/foreshadowing. Though I caught most of it in 10 Clover, I have to read articles like that to tie everything completely together for me lol.

Fingers crossed there'll be a sequel, but I doubt it.

As I've said many times before, I don't really to out and see a lot of movies.  I try and see them when them come on DTV, but I decided to do the Redbox thing the last few weekends.  Here are some that are recent and some that are older, but I've been wanting to see them. You can beat renting 3 movies for $4.80.  Here is what I've seen:

Hung

Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 1- I saw the first 2 and now that MJ2 is out, I wanted to catch up.

MIssion Impossible: Rogue Nation- Not bad

Maze Runner: Scorch Trails- Not as good as the first

Hitman: Agent 47- Better than I thought it would be

Terminator Genisys- I think this series needs to end. 

Spectre- Not the best Bond movie.  Needs to step up with the next

Jurassic World- Good. Not bad after 20 years

Fantastic 4 Reboot- Gives you the story of how they got their powers, but not that good.

Antman- Another one that was better than I thought it would be. Good movie

The Martian- Pretty good.

The Last Witch Hunter- Vin Diesel.  What do you expect.  Not good.

Superbad- Yes, it was Superbad except for McLovin

In the queue to watch-

Spy

Ted 2

Vacation

Hot Persuit

Avengers Age of Ultron

Legion (on the DVR)

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 1

My man.

soon aa they mentioned green worms, I was like yep. Aliens lol.

I often stressed in the moment while watching a movie like this and miss a lot of symbolism/foreshadowing. Though I caught most of it in 10 Clover, I have to read articles like that to tie everything completely together for me lol.

Fingers crossed there'll be a sequel, but I doubt it.

Yep same here. That article put a nice bow on it

I don't think there with be a direct sequel.

I didn't pick up on any Cloverfield tie-ins. Looking online, the only connection is the company Goodman works for is the same company that has their satellite crash in the ocean, waking the beast from Cloverfield. Seems like the Cloverfield name will represent a universe where all this crazy stuff happens with no direct sequels happening. Similar to American Horror Story or the Twilighf Zone. It's an interesting decision. I thought this movie could be a side story in pretty much any aliens invasion movie ever. Battle Los Angeles would be perfect to me.

It's a really enjoyable movie though. Goodman and the girl killed it

• Like 1