Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation: B

Pretty much what you would expect from a MI movie. 'Splosions, witty banter, and action. Solid, but not as good as ghost protocol. I'd say the "impossible" mission in this one is pretty weak, and the villain of the movie is lame as hell, and is not in any way threatening. Kind of a let down after how good Ghost Protocol was, but in and of itself, not bad.

The Signal: B

Watched this yesterday. It was kind of a psychological, sci-fi mystery film, kind of in the vein of "Moon". I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I think the "big reveal" at the end was kind of predictable. The acting was solid, and direction was good. I don't think, as a lower budget sci-fi flick, it's going to be as memorable as other films in the genre. Overall, solid but unspectacular.

Expiring free Redbox rental last night led to me watching Tomorrowland.

Decent not great movie. Should have been better, even with a 25yo actress playing a high schooler (or whatever she was). Wasted efforts by Clooney and Laurie. Thought the girl who played the android was pretty amazing though. 

Seeing Peanuts tonight. Looks really good.

Saw "Spectre" and it gets a solid B from me.  It was a good but not great Bond movie. It was a little too long and the big reveal; just felt a little unsatisfying to me.

I also saw "Peanuts" today.  Another solid B from me. 

The ending was feel good, as Charlie Brown, finally has something good happen to him.

I think the kids will love the movie.  Their parents or grandparents may to.

Edited by Rdskns2000

We rented the Gift last night. Great psychological thriller, really well done. Fresh ratings on Rotten Tomatoes if that helps. Check it out....Redbox has it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_gift_2015/

We watched this last night too. Well I did, wife and her friend passed out asleep 5 minutes in. So I watched it by myself which meant I could really concentrate.

I thought it as pretty good. It didn't go where I expected and most of these types of movies do which was nice.

Good acting from Bateman and Edgerton. I liked seeing JB be more serious. Rebecca Hall is good too as she always is.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I thought it as pretty good. It didn't go where I expected and most of these types of movies do which was nice.

Yeah I liked that also...it could have easily followed a formula and didn't.   Yeah Bateman is good in these more serious roles.  Check out Disconnect, he was good in that also. 

Edited by HogNose

Sicario. 9/10.  Simply awesome stuff.  Denis Villeneuve, in my opinion, is the best director not named PT Anderson working today.  A visionary director with the guts to go places few directors are willing to go.

Score and cinematography were outstanding.  Look for Roger Deakins to get another well deserved Oscar nomination for his lighting prowess.  I consider this year to be fairly weak in regards to must see flicks, but this one deserves a spot on the short list. 

• Like 2

Just came back from seeing Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 2.

I can't give it more than a C+.  Didn't read the books, but the ending was disappointing.

The movie was 1 hour too long and it really moved at a snail's pace.

I'm sure those who really got into the story will be satisfied but it was disappointing to me. They should've just made one movie and not 2.

• Like 1

MV5BNjQzNDI2NTU1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTAy

As the war of Panem escalates to the destruction of other districts by the Capitol, Katniss Everdeen, the reluctant leader of the rebellion, must bring together an army against President Snow, while all she holds dear hangs in the balance.

I liked this movie and I thought it was a fitting conclusion to the story. It might be the weakest of all 4 though. It was definitely slow for a long portion of it. I also missed one particularly crucial piece of information about a character so when something is revealed later it sort of came out of left field for me. I saw some foreshadowing of this but not the actual detail that is revealed. 

All in all, I thought it was good conclusion and I was happy with the way the characters finished their story. As Plutard said, "Katniss did not disappoint" and when a certain event happened the entire theater erupted in cheers and applause. 

• Like 1

220px-Trainwreck_poster.jpg

Having thought that monogamy was never possible, a commitment-phobic career woman may have to face her fears when she meets a good guy.

I liked this movie a lot. I thought it was pretty funny and felt different despite hitting most of the cliche chick flick notes. I enjoy Bill Hader a lot already so that helped. Amy Schumer was really funny in it and Lebron had some good moments too. The John Cena portion, especially the movie theater part was probably the funniest part of the entire movie and set a good tone for what was to come. 

• Like 2

I saw "The Good Dinosaur" and gets a B.  If you have real little ones, they may not like it. 

It's intense

The Good Dinosaur's dad dies in the movie and some little kids may not be able to handle that.

at one point.

One little girl told  her mom, she wanted to leave right then.  Another kid said it was too long.  Only 90 minutes but for a kid that's an eternity.

===========================================================

I saw "Creed" today.  It gets an A-.  Really nothing wrong with the movie for me.  Good to see Rocky as mentor this time.

Creed is pretty good. I would give it an "A". Great performances by both Stallone and Jordan. However, Hunger Games Mocking Jay 2 is boring. I give it a "C-". I like J. Lawrence, but this movie just fell flat to me.

Edited by ksun247

the-night-before-600x888.jpg

On Christmas eve, three lifelong friends, two of whom are Jewish, spend the night in New York City looking for the Holy Grail of Christmas parties.

I thought this movie was hilarious. It has a nice story to it as well with some heart behind it as far as dealing with growing up and losing friends and JGL's personal story in the movie with his parents.

There is one particularly funny cameo towards the end by a dude I love. Then typical Rogen stuff, lots of drug related humor. Michael Shannon is pretty funny in it too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...