Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Tammy. Oh Melissa Mccarthy, We ALL LOVE you. But please, stop making movies where you're the main character. She was brilliant in This is 40, Bridesmaids, and St. Vincent...all support roles. Identity Theft was meh, the heat was ehhh, and now Tammy was just bad. I mighta laughed two or three times. She's type cast as the same person in Tammy as she was in identity theft from two years ago.

Though shes hilarious on Mike and Molly, McCarthy isnt a lead actress. At least not in the type of movies shes done lately, though i dont blame her for cashing in while shes popular. Tammy 6/10. :(

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Top Five. Great film. Really great chemistry between Chris Rock adn Rosario Dawson. Wish there was more Kevin Hart in it though. Great cameos by DMX (stole the movie with his scene, imo), Adam Sandler, and Jerry Seinfeld. 4.5/5

Saw Hunger Games, Mocking Bird. 3/5 for me. I got the dramatics of it and it wasnt action packed. I dug a couple of things that happened. But it didnt move me like the first two films. Cool seeing the characters in different elements now though.

Lastly, Birdman. Movie of the year for me. (havent seen Whiplash or Nightcrawler or Imitation Game or Foxcatcher yet)

Birdman is an incredible film. Damn near a must see for anyone who loves movies. Keaton is my front runner for an Oscar.

And when Sony agrees to release it straight to DVD or through Vudu, iTunes, etc...........cha mother ****ing ching $$$$

Yeah it's gonna be crazy. I was looking forward to it but dang everybody is going to be all over it now just because of this.

It's not even that controversial. Anybody seen Team America? Not much difference in the portrayal of North Korea's leader there except that the stated goal isn't to assassinate him.

He just dies trying to take over the world and there wasn't any fuss or hype over that?

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Saw Drive Hard. I like John Cusak, however, let me leave you with this: Run! Run like your life depends on it. You never ever want to see this movie. Awful doesn't describe this movie. That is all I will say.

MV5BMTczMjc0ODQwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzAz

The Giant Mechanical Man: Drama.  They call it a comedy, but it wasn't funny.  I really liked this movie, but that may be because I can relate to the characters.  I typically like movies that are slow in pace a lot more than other people.  It's about two people that don't have a direction in life, looking for that thing that makes them tick, and the pressure from others to find their calling.  They are miserable, but they find each other.  They just want to be themselves and be happy.  Nothing wrong with that.

MV5BMTQwNjQwMjg0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA3   

• Like 2

Moon.

Been a long time coming for this one. Would always catch bits and pieces, get like the last 30 minutes of it on TV but never saw the full. Then decided to hit up a pirate site to watch the whole thing.

Surprised that I hadn't seen it before since sci-fi is my wheelhouse. I think Sam Rockwell is my ideal sci-fi guy. He's just a perfect fit for outer space.

I also don't know why he doesn't get more comedy stuff, he's just naturally funny. He needs to team with a great comedy writer and get some Gene Wilder type comedy roles. 

I image this one has been covered in here before, so, just quickly - while Moon is good, it just never reaches that next strata of great. While running with latter day themes present from sci-fi classics like bladerunner, it just never hits hard enough to be profound. 

A few scenes were cut a hair too short. The dialogue between both Sams was frustratingly asynchronous as they seemed to talk around one another and never said what you wanted them to say. There were at least two to three independent scenes of dialogue set between the Sams in which the conversation contained in each would have conceivably been from just one conversation, if they only followed their instinct of natural curiosity.

As revelations of their circumstance became clear, in subsequent scenes, one of the two Sams would seem to regress in fervency.     

The musical score was right in-line with what you'd expect on the idm, cinematic orchestral vibe. It was well put together. Added an emotional element that every sci-fi needs. Can't claim it was as compelling as Cliff Martinez's: Solaris, nor, Fall on Your Sword's: Another Earth, but definitely moving cinematic orchestration.

Ultimately, if your the type of sic-fi viewer who over analyzes the themes and concepts, who obsesses upon the moral questions raised, then you'll spend more time thinking about those themes of: slave labor, what constitutes consciousness, morality of ownership, moral obligation of treating a created entity with the same reverence of the naturally occurring, the age old and often times overused, trite, themes of industrial greed and insidious business practices, and the lonely ghost in the machine -- moreso than time you spent watching the movie.

At least in part a movie should raise the deeper questions while showing only a vignette to the parable, though more exploration of those themes could have made it great rather than just an interesting dip in the pool of Neddy Merrill.  

• Like 2

Awesome review Monk. I've been meaning to catch this for a while now too.

Now You See Me

I thought it was a pretty good movie, fun to watch, especially to break the pace and relax. I liked the ending, little twists throughout the movie that made it cool.

Pretty cool movie but I was a little let down by the ending reveal. I thought it kind of cheapened things

Yeah it's gonna be crazy. I was looking forward to it but dang everybody is going to be all over it now just because of this.

Lol...You might want to delete some of your post.

Last movie I saw in the theater was Exodus last week. Not bad, but it was no "Ten Commandments."

Edited by DM72
  • Like 1

Gone Girl.

Way ****ed up movie. A slight plot twist was spoiled to me which kinda sucks but didn't ruin the movie. I was hoping for a different, better ending but in general it was a good movie.

I really like David Fincher's direction and Trent Reznor's score. Booth of those get a big plus from me.