Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

As bad as Stallone is, Rocky is an amazing movie not for the action but for the heart and drama. The rest of the series I would classify as a typical Stallone action movie but Rocky is a whole different beast.

I don't think any of the other "action" stars have a movie even close to that.

Note: I know there many classic like T2 that would be in that list but I again, I put those sort of action movies in a different category.

I enjoyed it as well. I like seeing funny guy actors like Ben do more serious roles.

Which is one of the reasons why I can't wait to see Foxcatcher

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

As bad as Stallone is, Rocky is an amazing movie not for the action but for the heart and drama. The rest of the series I would classify as a typical Stallone action movie but Rocky is a whole different beast.

I don't think any of the other "action" stars have a movie even close to that.

Note: I know there many classic like T2 that would be in that list but I again, I put those sort of action movies in a different category.

Was Rocky an action movie? I'd call it a sports drama.

No, I guess I didnt explain it well. That's what I meant, that for all the crap he gets about being the terrible action movie actor, I think that movie is completely different and on a level far above what any of his contemporaries have accomplished.

You're right. Only thing that comes to mind is Keanu's The Matrix which was one of those action movies that appealed to a much broader audience (and was subsequently diminished by the following two movies in the series). Not even close to the classic that was Rocky though.

• Like 1

The greatest action stars are usually kind of terrible actors.  Arnold could barely speak English and when he tried to show emotion often just ended up looking scary and insane.  Bruce Willis is the exact same character in every movie and he's had the longest career.  Stallone is horrible.  Jean Claude Van Damme, who we laugh at now was big back in the day, was so terrible he essentially function as a spoof of the genre if you go back and watch any of his movies.  Stephen Seagal, do I really even need to say anything else?  No. 

You know now that I think of it, when you put Keanu up against that back drop he seems a lot better.  lol

pol_seagal25__01__630x420.jpg

I watched "Apocalypse Now" with my son over the weekend. His professor assigned them a list from IMdB of the greatest movies adapted from literary works.. with the exception of The Godfather, which no one was allowed to pick.

A good list, and we chose Apocalypse Now because it was the only one we could find readily on Netflix.

I hadn't seen it in a log time,,  it's still a great movie, but I didn't recall the score being so obnoxiously 80s synth.

Some really good performances, and some really powerful scenes. 

If you've never seen it,,worth the sit.

~Bang

• Like 2

Just saw Snowpiercer.  I thought it was great, my wife said meh.    Synopsis: Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.

tumblr_n8ntvlFFKo1qg4blro1_1280.jpg

This will be either coming or already is on Netflix this month.  I saw it on Blu-Ray

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

I know a lot of people thought Apocalypto was weird and didn't like it but thought it was pretty good.

Ya I agree.  I wouldn't say it was the best, but good for a watch.  I'd give it a B- if I were grading.  Some of the scenes were a bit outlandish but the action was good.  I watched it on Blu Ray and the picture was awesome.  I like how they completely immersed you in the Mayan culture.

• Like 1

22 Jump Street. Not as good as the first, still had me laughing though. I'd be down for another installment in the franchise.

Back on the other side of the street haha

I really liked how this one didn't take itself too seriously. It knows it's a blatant sequel ripoff and that's all it wants to be and it was still pretty dang funny

• Like 1