Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Breaking Da......sorry I can't finish it. My wife wanted to watch all the Twilig......can't do it won't do it. It was a compromise we made so I could get her to watch some movies I wanted to see.

The movies are cheesy as ****. Kristen Stewart looks like she is about to **** herself in ALL of them. Robert Pattinson is a gay vampire I swear it. Taylor Lautner is just jealous. Ashley Greene (Alice) and Nikki Reed (Rosalee) are super hot vampires to look at though. I'm Team Alice BTW.

I see the allure for women that have vampire fetishes. It started with Buffy but the show didn't take itself seriously and neither does True Blood. Both are bat **** crazy where as the Twilight movies are too dramatic.

we have a club, brother.... more of a support group. Full disclosure... the first one wasn't horrible... now it's just terrible though...

Take Shelter (2011)

tumblr_lm3jxpmrcT1qzdglao1_500.png

Family man in the mid-west starts having visions and dreams of a devastating, apocalyptic storm approaching. He increasingly becomes convinced it's really going to happen--especially after he starts having creepy dreams--and starts building a storm shelter out back. His wife, family and friends all think he's having a mental breakdown, and are concerned because his mother was diagnosed with a mental illness around the same age that he is now and they're afraid he's going down the same path. He seeks counseling, talks with his mother who is hospitalized, all in an attempt to get a grasp on what he keeps experiencing.

Pretty good movie, REALLY good acting :yes:...you may or may not like the ending (I think I did), it starts up conversations afterwards--I'm sure there are discussion groups about the movie online. Does a decent job of the "Is he crazy or is it really happening?" vibe...

I5U4TtYpKIc

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

220px-Unknown_Poster.jpg

just watched Unknown with Liam Neeson. He's involved in an accident in the beginning of the movie and he's in a coma for a couple days. When he comes to, he has some memory loss, no identification, and when he finds his wife, she doesn't recognise him and is with a man by the same name as him. I found it entertaining.

the Vow. told my gf id watch one of her movies if she watch one that i wanted to see. (the grey)

suprisingly, i liked the Vow more than the Grey.

im looking forward to seeing Prometheus.. the trailer looks sick in the movie theater.

Edited by sportjunkie07

Just watched The Perfect Host (2010) with David Hyde Pierce (Frasier show).

It's an interesting film....a black comedy thriller with a good twist. Worth a spot in your Netflix queue.

A criminal on the run cons his way into the wrong dinner party where the host is anything but ordinary.

The-Perfect-Host-Movie11.jpg

Edited by HogNose

Congo.jpg

Posted about it in the RTT. Saw it last night.

Basically it's a movie about this satellite corporation that wants to build the "ultimate satellite," but needs this exquisite diamond that (according to legend) is located in the Congo. A search team is sent out to retrieve the diamond, but after stumbling upon a lost city in the middle of the jungle, they are apparently slaughtered by god knows what, leaving behind a grainy transmission filled with muffled screams.

So crazy CEO guy asks his trusted confidant to pay whoever she needs to in order to assemble a team to go out and find out what happened, and (hopefully) find the diamonds as well. But, *Insert "Movie Guy" voice, accompanied by slow, but steady african drums*..."Little do they know what awaits them, deep in the heart of the Congo..." :silly:

Anyways, I thought it was a pretty good movie, with a good amount of unexpected starpower, great scenery, score, good humor, and a good amount of action/horror/wtf moments. And since I am becoming somewhat of a CGI snob, there is non, nada, all acting/animatronics, which brings realism, and not a bunch of people standing around in a greenroom. I'd highly recommend it. Watched it on Netflix btw.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/04/Congo.jpg

Posted about it in the RTT. Saw it last night.

Basically it's a movie about this satellite corporation that wants to build the "ultimate satellite," but needs this exquisite diamond that (according to legend) is located in the Congo. A search team is sent out to retrieve the diamond, but after stumbling upon a lost city in the middle of the jungle, they are apparently slaughtered by god knows what, leaving behind a grainy transmission filled with muffled screams.

So crazy CEO guy asks his trusted confidant to pay whoever she needs to in order to assemble a team to go out and find out what happened, and (hopefully) find the diamonds as well. But, *Insert "Movie Guy" voice, accompanied by slow, but steady african drums*..."Little do they know what awaits them, deep in the heart of the Congo..." :silly:

Anyways, I thought it was a pretty good movie, with a good amount of unexpected starpower, great scenery, score, good humor, and a good amount of action/horror/wtf moments. And since I am becoming somewhat of a CGI snob, there is non, nada, all acting/animatronics, which brings realism, and not a bunch of people standing around in a greenroom. I'd highly recommend it. Watched it on Netflix btw.

Your pic didn't work at first, but from the description I thought you were talking about Congo. I haven't seen that movie in several years, but remember it being a nice little action flick. Is this the one with the talking gorilla, too??

X-Men: First Class (2011)

MV5BMTg5OTMxNzk4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTk1MjAwNQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

In 1962, the United States government enlists the help of Mutants with superhuman abilities to stop a malicious dictator who is determined to start world war III.

Watched it last night on Cinemax. Overall it was a pretty good super hero flick. It wasn't as good as the Dark Knight series but better than most. The acting by Professor X and Magneto were both very good. I didn't like Kevin Bacon's role in the film too much though. Really, it was more about the origin of Magneto and Professor X than it was about defeating the antagonist.

Your pic didn't work at first, but from the description I thought you were talking about Congo. I haven't seen that movie in several years, but remember it being a nice little action flick. Is this the one with the talking gorilla, too??

Yep.

And the talking gorilla was Amy, who used this "groundbreaking" device in order to communicate with Dylan Walsh. That was kind of a nice subplot to the main storyline in the movie. Amy and her lovie (doll) looking to reconnect in the wild with her family/species. There are some flat out hilarious moments as well. And I didn't bother to check the credits at the end, but I believe one of the african mercs hired by Laura Linney's character to protect the team, was Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, formerly of Simon (Oz) and Mr. Eko (Lost) fame. The movie came out back in '95. Talk about a blast from the past.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Best movie I have seen in a few years. After the movie i went out and read all 3 books

IHMO Rooney Mara nailed the part of lisbeth

Edited by CrabR

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Best movie I have seen in a few years. After the movie i went out and read all 3 books

IHMO Rooney Mara nailed the part of lisbeth

Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago and had to go read the books after. I just started the third book last night and will probably be finished in a few days.

Are y'all serious about Congo? That is a HORRIBLE movie! :ols:

And seeing the 4.7 rating on imdb, I'm definitely not the only person who realizes this. :ols: It is complete garbage. :ols:

You're a Cowboys fan, what do you know? ;)

Seriously though, as I said in the RTT, I am a sucker for some cheeseball movies, but it really isn't a bad movie. And IMDB isn't right about everything, as I frequent tthat website as often as possible. I don't know if you've seen it or not, but it's not as bad as some people have made it out to be over the years. It is (was) something different though. I would definitely say that it is a little underrated.

At the very least, one can appreciate the fact that they used real actors to play the killer apes. Yeah, it has a little 90's cheesiness to it, but I still liked it.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

You're a Cowboys fan, what do you know? ;)

Seriously though, as I said in the RTT, I am a sucker for some cheeseball movies, but it really isn't a bad movie. And IMDB isn't right about everything, as I frequent tthat website as often as possible. I don't know if you've seen it or not, but it's not as bad as some people have made it out to be over the years. It is (was) something different though. I would definitely say that it is a little underrated.

At the very least, one can appreciate the fact that they used real actors to play the killer apes. Yeah, it has a little 90's cheesiness to it, but I still liked it.

Yeah I've seen it and could barely get through the whole thing. :ols:

Not as bad as See Spot Run though. :ols: David Arquette is easily the worst actor the world has ever seen. :ols:

Yeah I've seen it and could barely get through the whole thing. :ols:

Okay, the Amy stuff can be a little cheeseball, but you probably had already started viewing the movie with a fair amount of bias. You have to clear your mind, and let the spirit of Africa take hold of you, and you will See, as I did. :ols: