Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

23 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Groan, whats next, biopics on Barry Manilow, Liberace and George Micheal? Didn't care about them then, don't care about them now.

Just gimme my Zeppelin bio now, dammit. 

I'm over the rock biopics.  I don't even know if I'd want to watch a Zeppelin one.  

However I understand biopics on Freddie Mercury and Elton John...although I think it's weird they made an Elton John movie when he's still alive.  But...Boy George?  I know a lot of Queen songs, I know a lot of Elton John songs...but outside of Karma Chameleon I can't think of one Boy George song.  Oh wait, Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?  I guess that makes two songs.  Boy George is nowhere near the musician/artist that Freddie Mercury and Elton John are.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 9:00 AM, Renegade7 said:

Saw Godzilla: King of Monsters last night.  

It felt like someone strapped me to a chair and visually overloaded me.  Having said that, they used every throwback cliche from the movies you can think of: the lead ship for the counter attack that doesn't work, oldskool fight music towards the end, the stupid device used to control the monsters that backfires.  It felt like an American version of an 70s 80s Godzilla movie, for making my dad cheer and laugh for the flashback memories, I give it an B+.  

I can't give it an A, but I know Kong is going to be weird and they forshadowed Godzilla breaking bad which would mean a MechaGodzilla showdown maybe in the 4th film.  The the good thing about the monsterverse is there was already a plethora of monsters to choose from and they can still make new ones without apologizing.

Did you notice the Giant Metal Godzilla head at the primary base?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, Renegade7 said:

Saw Godzilla: King of Monsters last night.  

It felt like someone strapped me to a chair and visually overloaded me.  Having said that, they used every throwback cliche from the movies you can think of: the lead ship for the counter attack that doesn't work, oldskool fight music towards the end, the stupid device used to control the monsters that backfires.  It felt like an American version of an 70s 80s Godzilla movie, for making my dad cheer and laugh for the flashback memories, I give it an B+.  

I can't give it an A, but I know Kong is going to be weird and they forshadowed Godzilla breaking bad which would mean a MechaGodzilla showdown maybe in the 4th film.  The the good thing about the monsterverse is there was already a plethora of monsters to choose from and they can still make new ones without apologizing.

I haven't seen this yet but was sad to learn the box office was so poor.  From everything I've read it doesn't sound like the movies will make enough money to justify them renewing the license after the next one. I always loved the Kong/Godzilla movies as a kid so was happy they had brought them back for American audiences, but it seems like too many people were pissed about the 2014 movie and the box office was hurt from it.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, purbeast said:

The Perfection is one ****ed up movie.  It's not scary at all but just one ****ed up movie.  It's worth watching.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:42 PM, Chew said:

Dude..what the ****.  Allison Williams has perfected crazy.  Entertaining movie for sure.  Logan Browning is so pretty...dang.

Reveal hidden contents

Man, I thought she waa legit about to wrist Allison at the end.  And that final scene before credits :rofl89:

what in the **** did I just watch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: B+. Don't laugh, its actually pretty good. Gorgeous animation, surprisingly good chemistry between TMNT 

and Batman's "crew" (Bats, Robin, Batgirl and Alfred), and Batman actually says "Cowabunga" in it. Recommended. 

3 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Wow, XMen Dark Phoenix getting savaged by the critics. This, combined with GOT's dismal Season 8 showing, should be

the dagger in Sophie Turner's career.  

Not really fair, I'm sure she was fine it it just like she was in GOT. Bad material is bad material and the xmen movies haven't been good since ever, Logan excluded. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Secret Life of Pets 2.  Gets a B.  A good sequel seeing the further adventures of the pets.

Dark Phoenix.  Gets a C.  I don't think it was as bad as the critics made it out to be, but it wasn't that great either.  I think FOx rushed this project out, to get made before the merger.  Also, rumors are they reshot the movie, so it won't be so much like Captain Marvel.   I thought there was too little Dark Phoenix.  This story should've been either a 3 hour movie or told over 2 movies.  I'm sure that will happen in 10-15 years when they relaunch the X-Men.

Men in Black:International.  Gets a C.  It wasn't bad but it just meh.  Tessa Thompson and the little creature Pawnie, were the highlights.  Chris Helmsworth was flat.  This movie clearly missed what Will Smith brought to the franchise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Murder Mystery on Netflix isn't half bad. I mean its your typical Adam Sandler movie in spots but Jennifer Aniston and the rest of the supporting cast are quite fun. Solid "Netflix and chill" film.

I'll give a solid B+. I just watched that and really enjoyed it.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I'll give Toy Story 4 an A.  A perfect ending to the story. There's no need for a #5.

There are 4 post credit mini scenes and one scene after all the credits roll.

I agree. It was a movie I didn’t think needed to be made because 3 was such a great conclusion to the story but 4 was so much better than it had any right to be. It was perfect and I was surprised at how mature it was while still being funny and true to all the characters. I cried off and on  the last 30 minutes 

it’s just beautiful storytelling and as magical as always. 

10 hours ago, volsmet said:

Sneaky little film this

I have crippling arachnophobia but I still loved this movie despite the constant use of different types of spiders as symbolism. It's outstanding. 

I'm so glad i had a gut feeling to look away at the last scene though. had to read a transcript after the fact describing it so I could fully process the ending. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

I finally saw Us... and I just want to ask, was this supposed to be a dark comedy or have I ****ed myself up watching too much horror?  I always feel bad when I’m laughing as people are dying.  And I laughed and laughed watching this one.  

• Thanks 1

John Wick 3.  Pretty good.  Tremendous action/fight scenes, some of the best you'll ever see.  Took me a minute to realize that the main bad guy he was fighting was the Bananawe guy from that capoeira move, Only The Strong.  

But I didn't care about the story, probably not until the very end.  

Spoiler

I mean, I get it.  It's a league of assassins, but I think how they operate is a bit haughty, the whole thing with the cross that he gives to Anjelica Huston, the "adjuticator", the dumb little coin thing with the blood stain that he gives Halle Berry...I dunno, I just don't like the style all the time.  But then when Winston does him dirty at the end and then you see Morpheus and Neo getting together, oh ****.  

I guess what I'm saying is the story was fine, I just don't care for how it's carried out.  But the action sequences win the day, it's a B.

Just watched this Robin Hood movie from 2018 that popped up on hbo.  Holy crap this is bad.  So bad I started wondering if mtv made it.  On the bad scale that’s down towards the transformers end of the scale.  Semi auto cross bows with arrow magazines... hahaha so bad.  

This movie plays like someone wanted to make a different movie, and then thought “wait, what if we also made it Robin Hood”.   Reminds me of King Arthur Legend of the sword.  Those people clearly wanted to make a heist movie about a talented crew of thieves, along with some contrived political point, and just superimposed the King Arthur characters over it.  Robin Hood is more of the same.

Whoever it is that keeps ruining these old stories needs to be loaded into a canon and fired into the side of a mountain before they can do any more harm. 

• Like 1