Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT: If Castillo is fired, he could get hired in Minnesota

Hitman21ST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/if-castillo-leaves-philly-he-could-land-in-minnesota/

Tom Pelissero of 1500espn.com reports that, if the Eagles replace Juan Castillo with Steve Spagnuolo, Castillo could be the next defensive coordinator of the Vikings.

So it sounds like, even if Castillo performed poorly enough in one season as the Eagles’ defensive coordinator to lose his job, Frazier could give Castillo another opportunity to run a defense.

I feel that last line should read:

"Frazier could give Castillo another opportunity to ruin a defense."

Seriously, what about the guy screams "D Coordinator?" I feel I could run a better defense than Castillo.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/if-castillo-leaves-philly-he-could-land-in-minnesota/

I feel that last line should read:

"Frazier could give Castillo another opportunity to ruin a defense."

Seriously, what about the guy screams "D Coordinator?" I feel I could run a better defense than Castillo.

I hope that he ends up in Minny because Tucker turned the Vikes down today.

Eagles defense gave up 20.5 points per game, 10th best in the NFL

Eagles defense gave up 324.9 yards per game, 8th best in the NFL

50 sacks =tied for 1st in the NFL

15 int=17th in the NFL

3 TD's from fumbles=tied for 1st in the NFL

Playds from scrimmage=982, 9th best in the NFL

Eagles have these stats despite having no linebackers, five new players on defense, new schemes on the D line and secondary, and not much of a camp to get them ready or to let the players get acclimated to each other. The Castillo bashing is a little over the top by now. If one just listened to the media, you'd think the Eagle's D was the worst in NFL history.

There was a stat out there that showed AR's record during his career when leading a game in the 4th quarter, and it was pretty impressive. They lost 5 games this season in which they led in the 4th quarter. Add to that the fact that their red zone defense was atrocious, and you have reason to fire him IMO. Not fair, because you can't expect a new DC to achieve success with no offseason, but that's the NFL.

15 int=17th in the NFL

Eagles have these stats despite having no linebackers, five new players on defense, new schemes on the D line and secondary, and not much of a camp to get them ready or to let the players get acclimated to each other. The Castillo bashing is a little over the top by now. If one just listened to the media, you'd think the Eagle's D was the worst in NFL history.

Dominique Rodgers Cromartie

Asante Samuel

Nnamdi Asomugha

Joselo Hanson

Cullen Jenkins

Mike Patterson (1st round pick)

Jason Babin

Trent Cole

Juqua Parker

Trevor Laws (2nd round pick)

Brandon Graham (1st round pick)

Darryl Tapp

Nate Allen (2nd round pick)

Jaiquan Jarret (2nd round pick)

And I do remember after last season Eagles fans slobbering all over Jamar Chaney. Castillo had a disturbing amount of talent on that defense and still blew leads late, sucked in the redzone, had a bad rush defense. The Eagles weren't a top 10 defense this year IMO. You can talk about bad linebackers all you want but Rolle is an excellent nickel linebacker, Chaney showed promise last year, and Jordan has been on the team a while. Not to say Castillo was horrible in his first year, he did improve late. But its not like anyone fears the Eagles defense.

15 int=17th in the NFL

Five new players on defense is a weak line when you consider how many were sought after veteran free agents that were widely considered instant defensive upgrades.

Five new players on defense is a weak line when you consider how many were sought after veteran free agents that were widely considered instant defensive upgrades.

Really? If anyone should know the problems that come with this type of free agent spending, it's Redskin fans. Heat fans too. You have to be able to play together, and it takes time to gel as a unit. I know this from my own coaching. So do the coaches at the school I teach, two of whom have sons/nephews in the NFL. Heck, my own former student, Shonn Greene, came down for a day and gave a few insights on why the Jets imploded this year. It's all not about talent. Anyone who has ever coached knows this.

As for me, I have two championships under my belt at the high school level. Yeah, it's only high school, but the teams I won with were not the best teams I ever had, nor were they anywhere close to being the best in the league. But they were the best at playing as a team. I also had that team together for two straight years.

Archived