Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets players want Manning not Sanchez- What value is there in Sanchez

The Hangman- C_Hanburger

A. Wrong forum.

B. Sanchez sucks, and we should be thanking our lucky stars that Vinny did not have enough ammo to move up and grab him as he (admittedly) wanted to. Of course, the only reason why we didn't have any ammo is due to all the other stupid trades Vinny made, but whatever.

He entered the league out of USC and was promptly given a dominant defense, a dominant running game, and ultimately, some big time playmakers at the wr position, and somehow still fails.

But, again, we (we means our coaching staff and scouts) need to evaluate all possible options. What if we don't get our guy in the draft or free agency and Sanchez does become available? Is he a better option than Grossman for us? How does he fit schematically?

Too many people are putting stock into his performance as a Jet. If the 49ers did that with Steve Young, they wouldn't have had one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game on their roster after Montana.

I'm not saying I want the guy. I'm not saying he's Steve Young, either. I'm saying we need to do due diligence and not just pretend that what he did with the Jets has full bearing on what he'll be for his career.

I didn't like him much as a prospect when he came out, and I wanted nothing to do with him. But, again, due diligence.

Why are some people just okay with getting someone that may be better than Grossman? At this point if it was Sanchez or Flynn, I would probably still take Grossman. He knows the offense and the players like him.

The Skins have a chance to go after a franchise QB(hopefully). If they miss on that then some of this other talk can start. No Peyton, No Flynn, No Sanchez, No Grossman, No Beck, All-in-For Griffin

Why are some people just okay with getting someone that may be better than Grossman? At this point if it was Sanchez or Flynn, I would probably still take Grossman. He knows the offense and the players like him.

The Skins have a chance to go after a franchise QB(hopefully). If they miss on that then some of this other talk can start. No Peyton, No Flynn, No Sanchez, No Grossman, No Beck, All-in-For Griffin

Can I ask you who said they were okay with that?

I get that thought process though. There does seem to be an implied baseline of Rex Grossman, as if any QB who can be considered "better" than him will some how solve our QB needs.

I highly doubt the FO is doing that, otherwise we might as well write the whole bunch off.

I get that thought process though. There does seem to be an implied baseline of Rex Grossman, as if any QB who can be considered "better" than him will some how solve our QB needs.

I highly doubt the FO is doing that, otherwise we might as well write the whole bunch off.

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that no one said that in this thread, though :ols:

Can I ask you who said they were okay with that?

A lot of post have brought up the fact that at least so and so would be better than Grossman. Like that is the only reason needed to get some guy. I don't remember names directly, but that is some of the post I have seen on Flynn.

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that no one said that in this thread, though :ols:

Kdawg, I wasn't speaking directly to this thread. I was speaking in general terms of some of the agruments of seen in the stadium that past day or two.

A lot of post have brought up the fact that at least so and so would be better than Grossman. Like that is the only reason needed to get some guy. I don't remember names directly, but that is some of the post I have seen on Flynn.

I agree with your overall logic. But our goal should be improving the QB position.

The top of that goal needs to be getting our own homegrown, drafted, rookie as our quarterback. The bottom of that goal is to get a retread who we think fits that is still an improvement on Grossman.

Think of it as a video game. The first box that's available to you need to be drafting a rookie quarterback. And until that opportunity passes by without coming to fruition, the next choice doesn't become available.

Doing due diligence on veterans is below getting our own guy. By a large margin. But, to be truly prepared, you need to be ready for every scenario. Which means our staff needs to evaluate if they'd prefer Sanchez and the money he'd demand over Grossman. I don't know the answer to that. In fact, I'd almost want to say, and brace yourselves because coming from me this is huge, I'd rather have Grossman. But who knows.

But, again, we (we means our coaching staff and scouts) need to evaluate all possible options. What if we don't get our guy in the draft or free agency and Sanchez does become available? Is he a better option than Grossman for us? How does he fit schematically?

Too many people are putting stock into his performance as a Jet. If the 49ers did that with Steve Young, they wouldn't have had one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game on their roster after Montana.

I'm not saying I want the guy. I'm not saying he's Steve Young, either. I'm saying we need to do due diligence and not just pretend that what he did with the Jets has full bearing on what he'll be for his career.

I didn't like him much as a prospect when he came out, and I wanted nothing to do with him. But, again, due diligence.

Take this fair reasoning and objectivity elsewhere, KD. The proper, well-thought-out response should be: "He sucks." "Pass" would also be an acceptable answer.

I kid, and I don't like Sanchez either (now or when he was drafted), but this is a fair point. I want Luck or RG3 or whoever too, but if Sanchez becomes available, why would we not evaluate him? Even if we're not interested, at the least we'll be covering our bases and potentially generating more interest from other teams by checking him out (awkward sentence, busy day). I just think we should have a Doomsday plan in place in case the worst happens in the Draft/FA.

That being said, these rumors are from an "unknown player" and are coupled with a cry for Manning to sign with the Jets. Personally, I'm in the camp that thinks Manning and Sanchez will both be starting for their current teams next season.

EDIT: To be clear, I repeat, I'm not advocating bringing Sanchez here. Just that we should have a plan if the worse happens.

Doing due diligence on veterans is below getting our own guy. By a large margin. But, to be truly prepared, you need to be ready for every scenario. Which means our staff needs to evaluate if they'd prefer Sanchez and the money he'd demand over Grossman. I don't know the answer to that. In fact, I'd almost want to say, and brace yourselves because coming from me this is huge, I'd rather have Grossman. But who knows.

By that logic, we also should be doing serious due dilligence on Kyle Orton, as he is a potential scenerio.

However, I'm not seeing many "Should We?" threads on Orton.

I guess there would not be such a dismissive tone to some of the responses if Sanchez had not been singled out as a somehow better option than the group of mediocre, veteran QBs who share the same tier of skill as Rex Grossman.

Let's just start a thread for "due dilligence" QBs and throw Grossman, Sanchez, Orton, McNabb, Redman, Anderson, Hill, Stanton, Quinn, Garrard, Boller, Whitehurst, McCown, Feeley, Rosenfels, Carr and Brunell all in there and try not to speak about them except in a "leave no stone unturned' context.

*Not included in that ****pile should be Henne, Johnson, and Dixon.

Archived