Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

philly.com: Lurie to meet reporters Tuesday

Califan007

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Lurie-to-meet-reporters-Tues.html

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie will meet with reporters at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and perhaps provide some answers to the questions lingering around his football team.

It's unusual for Lurie to speak to the media following the season, but his coaching staff has come under an unusual amount of scrutiny and criticism this season. It is widely expected that coach Andy Reid will be back, but no one within the organization has spoken publicly on the issue, so Lurie's press conference should provide some clarity.

If Reid is back, the next question will immediately turn to defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, and after that I imagine DeSean Jackson's name might come up.

Wonder why Reid isn't doing the press conference. Man, I hope that Walrus gets the ax, he's been killing us for long enough.

Me too.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

They'd be stupid not to go after Steve Spagnuolo for their D coordinator spot.

Fat chance, unless Spagnuolo and Reid have kissed and made up. Spags hates Reid. Unless he's gone, no way does he go back to Philly.

"I'm here because it's been a very, very unusual season ... This was without question the most disappointing season in my tenure," Lurie said at the news conference.

Subtext...I'm an egomaniac and need to hold a press conference to tell you I'm not firing my head coach and leaving all the coaching decisions up to him. Oh yeah, please please keep buying what I'm selling about the Eagles being a great franchise.

I heard the whole conference on the radio. Lurie was not a happy man regarding the outcome of the season. When asked specifically about whether anything will be done with Andy's contract (2 more years), he quickly said that nothing has been discussed. He went ahead and defended Reid quite a bit. I felt for the first time that Lurie has seeds of doubt and may entertain letting Reid coach out the contract and take it from there.

Archived