Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In your opinion, who are the top 10 most talented players on the Skins roster?

Califan007

Really? I wouldn't say Alexander, Riley, or Fletcher are among the most talented. Alexander and Fletcher are more of hard workers than guys with raw talent.

IMO Fletcher is a great talent that also has a great work ethic. It's funny that you're surprised that Fletcher is on this list but you include Leonard Hankerson.

1 -London Fletcher

2 - Fred Davis

3 - Ryan Kerrigan

4 -Brian Orakpo

5 -Santana Moss

6 - Trent Williams

7 - Roy Helu

8 - Lorenzo Alexander

9 - DeAngelo Hall/Landry

10 - Perry Riley

Really? I wouldn't say Alexander, Riley, or Fletcher are among the most talented. Alexander and Fletcher are more of hard workers than guys with raw talent.

For me it would be

1) Trent Williams

2) Laron Landry

3) Brian Orakpo

4) DeAngelo Hall

5) Fred Davis

6) Chris Cooley

7) Jamaal Brown

8) Ryan Kerrigan

9) Santanna Moss

10) Leonard Hankerson

Filling out 6-10 on this list was no easy task. I think that says a lot about why we're a sub .500 team right now.

IMO Fletcher is a great talent that also has a great work ethic. It's funny that you're surprised that Fletcher is on this list but you include Leonard Hankerson.

I would argue that Landry isn't particularly talented. He's a hell of a physical specimen but, until he can prove that 2010 was not a fluke, his talent as a pure football player is somewhat lacking.

I do like that some people are drawing a line between production and talent. However, there also needs to be a line drawn between talent and potential.

I would argue that Landry isn't particularly talented. He's a hell of a physical specimen but, until he can prove that 2010 was not a fluke, his talent as a pure football player is somewhat lacking.

I do like that some people are drawing a line between production and talent. However, there also needs to be a line drawn between talent and potential.

I think it's more of the devestating achilles injury and the playing out of position than lack of talent. When he's healthy and in the right spot, he's as talented as any SS in the league.

1. Fletcher - if the Skins were a house, he'd be the bedrock for the foundation

2. Helu - 1000 all purpose yards with multiple 100 yard rushing games as a rookie

3. Kerrigan/Orakpo - taking them as a combo, but one of the best bookend tandems out there

4. Davis

5. Williams

6. Gaffney

7. Royster

8. Moss - switch him and Gaffney if he gets back to 100%, but he's been shaky after his injury

9. Hall

10. Landry

Just outside my top 10 would be Banks, Hightower, Hankerson, Rocca, Riley, and our starting D-Line as a unit.

Break it into groups of 5:

Top 1-5:

Top 6-10:

They don't have to be in order within each group, but obviously everyone in spots 1-5 should be more talented/better players than everyone in spots 6-10.

1.Fred Davis

LaRon Landry

Brian Orakpo

Trent Williams

DeAngelo Hall

Ryan Kerrigan

Tim Hightower/Roy Helu

London Fletcher

Santana Moss*

Chris Cooley*

*Both shouldn't be here anymore but even as shadows of themselves they stand out on our sorry ass roster. I don't think London is as talented as Redskin fans make him out to be. His handwork ad dedication makes him a standout. Hardwork beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

1) Fletcher - non- stop action with this guy at the age of 36... what more could you ask for?

2) Kerrigan - Will be better then Clay Matthews and talked about as a top 5 OLB by year 3.

3) Williams- talent wise its all there, i think he has moments of lapsed judgement

4) Davis - Our best playmaker on offense so far who can catch AND run

5) Orakpo - Talent is there, too much power for his own good i think.. He has trouble adjusting to a QB's movements in the pocket (Romo sits to pee, Vick)

6) Helu - I like this guy alot, we saw his playmaking this year when he trucked a defender and took it to the house

7) S. Moss - Still the best route runner on our team

8) Landry - talent is there!! he needs to slim down so his body can handle the weight and pwoer

9) L. Alexander - beast on ST, his play has gone unnoticed this year for the most part. but just a downright beast on ST

10) Cofield - Key component in turning our defense around this year. Only going to get better from here too

1. London Fletcher is an all pro, regardless of his snubs.

2. Trent Williams- remarkably Solid in his first two years, and even moreso considering the level of competition he's faced.

3. Evan Royster - A natural running back. He has outstanding instincts. He'll be a great one for us. And I did mean to use the word GREAT.

4. Ryan Kerrigan - outstanding season. Could use some work in pass coverage, but a sure tackler, tenacious pass-rusher, and a playmaker.

5. D Hall - He gets beat here and there and people get mad, but he's consistently a good cover corner, he makes plays on the ball, something we lack everywhere else in the secondary. his tackling this year has been exemplary.

6. Cofield / Bowen / Carriker. Not sure who's more responsible, so I'll go with all 3. Outstanding year for the whole DL. The middle of our defense was stout, and for the first time in forever we created pass pressure up the middle. The fact that all 3 are free agents makes it even sweeter, because it shows clearly that if you're smart about free agents, you can find some real gems that actually fit your football team without breaking the bank.

7. Orakpo- Sack numbers are not what some might like, but the defense as a whole greatly increased the pressure on the QB this year, so that is why pretty much all of our pass rushers are mentioned.

8. Josh Wilson- Love his tenacity. He got beat a couple times.. all corners do. But typically he is right on top of his man, and the way he claws and snatches at the ball has caused more than a few incompletions this year when it seemed he was beaten.

thisguy.jpg

9. Sav Rocca and Graham Gano- Both had solid seasons despite having a moron for a coach.

10. a combination.. Tyler Palumbus and Willie Smith.. outstanding filling in for injuries and suspensions. Simply outstanding, especially in the running game.

And honorable mentions..

DeJon Gomes looks like a keeper to me. He's raw, needs some work, but I think he's got the speed, instincts and ability to be a very good safety

Jabar Gaffney- If he can get that YAC average up over 1... then he'd be in the top ten.

Perry Riley.. excellent instincts, hard hitter.

Obviously Roy Helu. I think Royster is a better pure RB, but Helu is excellent in his own right. We've got a hell of a punch in the backfield

I have to say Hankerson based on his one game... he sure looked great, and I have to think it would have continued had he not gotten hurt.

Will Montgomery is a solid player. Fills in where needed on the OL, and that is valuable.

Darrel Young is a football player. Period. Love the way he plays.. his many highlights are small things,, like Sunday when he caught that deep out pattern.. Granted he was wide open, but he had such presence of mind,, took his eyes off the ball, glanced at the sideline, re-acquired the ball, made the catch and tapped the toes. Perfect hand position to make the catch. The little things make me so happy.

~Bang

I didn't truly understand our dearth of top flight talent until I saw this thread. Here are the 10 guys I'd want on this team before others, moving forward.

1-5: Williams, Orakpo, Kerrigan, Riley, Jenkins

6-10: Cofield, Bowen, Montgomery, Wilson, Davis

I didn't include Fletcher because age is everyone's cryptonite. I do love the guy though. A Redskins HOFer. I know people are all over Helu, but I don't see a great runner, just a good one. I think a lot of people can be that good in this system. Josh Wilson is on my list because a reliable CB is undervalued in the NFL, IMO. Landry and Hall are not because reliable isn't in their bios. I think Montgomery is under rated and Davis is over rated, but still worthy of this list. Honorable mention to Hankerson, Paul and Gomes.

I started my list, and could not come up with 10 names. I agree with most of the posters above, my top 5 include Fletch, Rak, Trent, Davis and Moss, but after that it is a crap shoot. I could put some names down of guys I like, but It makes me sad to see them in the top 10 because I know they are not top 10 players on any other team, and might not even be a starter on another team.

Two things about this thread are very telling: 1) I have not seen Rex on anybody's list, which should worry some people considering Shanny thought Rex was the guy at the start of the season. 2) the lack of consistency of players 6-10 shows to me that the Skins have not done a very good job in putting the team together. It should be easy for any fan to list off 8 stars on their team, and anyone's favourite list should include those top 8 plus a few fan favourites and those will be different depending on the fan.

1. fletcher

2. kerrigan

3. orakpo

4. williams

5. davis

6. gano

7. riley (dude will start for a while, he's legit)

8. helu

9. young

10. bowen/coefield/carriker

list is highly dependent on what your definition of talent is... this is not raw athleticism or williams landry and davis would be the top 3.

Archived