Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please fire both Bob(DB) & Bobby Slowik(DA) & Jacob Burney(DL)!! Replace with Darrell Green(DB) & Steve Spagnuolo(DL & DA)

SkinsHokieFan

1st) It's time to get D. Green to coach these D-Backs and involved with this Organization & Staff. They're absolutely terrible, because they're out of position and late to the ball. Not because they don't have skills. (well...except Doughty) Green would be the perfect teacher & he wants to do it. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/darrell-green-tweets-maybe-i-could-help-as-redskins-secondary-coach/2012/01/01/gIQASTWAVP_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

Following a 5-11 season, change of some sort is inevitable for most struggling football organizations. If the Redskins tweak their coaching staff this offseason, Hall of Famer Darrell Green has one suggested addition: himself.

Shortly after the Redskins’ 34-10 loss at Philadelphia on Sunday, the former Redskins great posted on Twitter and his Facebook page: “I am starting to change my mind about not wanting to coach the Redskins secondary. Maybe i could help coach Shanahan bring a winner back to the Burgundy & Gold.”

More info in link

Bob Slowik has to go & same with Bobby Slowik who is Defensive Assistant.

Hire D. Green as D-Backs coach!

200px-Darrell_Green_at_Dept_of_Education_event,_cropped.jpg

2nd) Now, I would like to hire Steve Spagnuolo as Defensive Assistant replacing Bobby.

But although we are running Haslett's 3-4 and scheme, we could still use Spags knowledge of the D-Line and the skills needed to dominate the front, much like that 07' Giants team and the whole time he was there. Not to mention, his Players love to play for him in the trenches.

But to do that, we need to fire Defensive Lines coach Jacob Burney.

I believe Spags could better develop Barry Cofield as our NT, with there experience together, as well as Jarvis Jenkins when he comes back healthy and rest of line including Chris Neild.

So fire Jacob & hire Spags as Defensive Assistant & Defensive Lines coach!

steve-spagnuolo.gif

I believe this would be a huge upgrade to our secondary and D-Line.

Plus.. maybe having Spags here, we could throw some 4-3 wrinkles at teams and move Orakpo & Kerrigan around on the Defense (like flip sides every so often) to confuse teams like he did with Strahan, Osi and Tuck. Meaning...helping Lou Spanos be a little more creative at the LB spot, instead of having them in the same spot over & over & over again.

I like the direction our Offense is going and believe we are just a few pieces (QB obviously), before we really take off. I like what Shanahan and Kyle are doing & appreciate their progress.

But I am NOT happy with the Secondary or the creative side on Defense at all. We should be MUCH better with the talent on the field. Lou has done a great job with the LBers, so he stays...We just need more innovation & creativity.

I think Spags would bring that.

& D. Green's experience would do wonders for Hall, Landry, Wilson & Atogwe as well as the young one's, imo.

But I love the talent on D. it's just needs to be groomed better, imo.

Spags won't come here for a defensive assistant job. Heard some rumors about Philly DC job. He snubbed us in the Zorn coaching hunt and made some comment about turning us down... I don't think either party would be interested in him coming here.

If a change is made on the defense, let Lou Spanos be the DC and allow him to pick his staff.

Other than that, with the player additions this last off season and another year in the scheme, Haslett took the defense from 31st to 16th. That's a monster jump.

And this defense has only played with the lead a few times this year, so we don't really know what it's supposed to look like other than the end of both Giants games, which I was very pleased with.

Stay the course, please.

Why Green for DB coach? Has he ever coached before? Just because you were good at a position doesn't make you a good coach.

Yeah or that he even wants to coach lol. I have heard Green has no interest in professional coaching.

Why Green for DB coach? Has he ever coached before? Just because you were good at a position doesn't make you a good coach.

Yeah or that he even wants to coach lol. I have heard Green has no interest in professional coaching.

Does Spags have any 3-4 experience?

We run lots of 3-4 schemes with 5 man fronts. Kerrigan and Orakpo at the line of scrimmage

I see no reason to assume, he can't coach the D-Line and be an assistant under a 3-4 scheme under different looks.

I'm pretty confident, he could utilize many of the same stunts and gap control under Haslett's 3-4 scheme.

Not to mention, he would bring a 4-3 knowledge that could better utilize Kerrigan and Orakpo at the LB position both in a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme.

Lets not pretend he is a genius 4-3 Coordinator and an idiot as a 3-4 personal guy. I'm confident, he's very knowledgable in both schemes.

If Eagles can take an O-line coach in Juan Castilloand & turn him into a Defensive Coordinator.

I believe Spags who's a genius 4-3 Coordinator, could easily coach a Defense that runs a 3-4 scheme.

But also has 4-3 player personal like

Orakpo=DE

Kerrigan=DE

Cofield=DT/DE

Jenkins=DE/DT

Fletcher=4-3 LBer in St Louis

etc.

didn't spags publicly refuse to even be interviewed for our head coaching position a few years back? i can't see snyder forgetting that.

This is true, but it is certainly to the man's credit. That coaching search was the most bungled fiasco in the history of NFL coaching searches, and I can't blame him for recoiling in horror.

Lets not pretend he is a genius 4-3 Coordinator and an idiot as a 3-4 personal (sic) guy. I'm confident, he's very knowledgable in both schemes.

Okay, but let's not assume that he is knowledgable in both. Remember when you assume...

If Eagles can take an O-line coach in Juan Castilloand & turn him into a Defensive Coordinator.

I believe Spags who's a genius 4-3 Coordinator, could easily coach a Defense that runs a 3-4 scheme.

Not a good comparison, Philly fans hate Juan Castillo.

I'm not opposed to giving DGreen a shot at coaching the DBs, but we can't act like he's just able to step in and be a top coach. Give him a little experience before we hand him the DB coach title.

As for Spags his resume doesn't equal Defensive Assistant, I highly doubt he will want to be D assistant anywhere... and it sounds like he'd like it even less in Washington.

Spags isn't coming anywhere near an NFCE coaching position this year. Reid burned bridges with him, which is why he went to NYG. He publicly turned us down so he's not coming here. The circus in Dallas isn't going to hire him, they still think they have their guy in Rob Ryan.

He might go up to Indy to coach up their defense. Lord knows they could use him.

ugh no, he went to NYG to become the DC when Jim Johnson was still the DC in Philly.

Archived